Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Spoiler Thread)

Lex

Administrator
I just know that for me at least, I'd feel guilty about killing someone unless they'd done something completely disgusting to a family member or something. That's probably the only time I could physically kill someone and not care. I'm not religious by any means, but even if I was to kill in self defence, I'd feel guilty about it, even if it was months later.

In Lightning's case they were ignorant fools, but they had families and people who loved them, and at the end of the day were part of a system where they couldn't see the truth and were following orders they didn't question because that's the way they were taught.

I'm not saying they didn't need to die, I'm not saying she//others in the party had a choice in the matter, but if I was to put myself in her shoes I'd definitely feel regret for the seemingly needless end of so many lives. It's the Cocoon Fal'Cie's fault in the end, but it was still her that had to do it.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I saw that too, and was like "Holy crap that makes sense." That statue always seemed strange but I just wrote it off as a random decoration.

Also going back to gamefaqs sometimes drives me crazy. Only there would people complain about people being fans of XIII and defending it... when they are on a board dedicated to the third game of the trilogy. It's gotten better, before it was entirely unreadable because the hate spammed every relevant discussion. But afterawhile the constant bashing is annoying.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I think it's Yuel, and how she is reborn again and again.

We already know that Yuel is in the image of Etro who is (or Yeul is directly) in the image of Mwynn.

I can't remember all my research (and I didn't a bit of it, but nothing really extensive), but it would make sense that Lindzei would also have a strong connection to Mwynn (besides being her grandson.)

I'll try to find my information again, but something about the linden tree which is the source of the name of Lindsey (Lindzei), and a connection to attributes of Muin (Mwynn.)

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Does the Ultimania mention something about Lightning fighting for 900 yrs or something?

Splintered

unsavory tart
Does the Ultimania mention something about Lightning fighting for 900 yrs or something?
I don't think so, it would be stupid considering time isn't suppose to exist.

There is talk about 900 years though- but as a scrapped idea. I think what it said was that 900 years later was a specific thing referenced in Type-0, and when XIII-2 was originally penned, either the end of time or Valhalla was meant to take place then, and it would have tied the world to Type-0. But idea was later discarded.

Can't find the source though.

EDIT

Found it
The story was meant to take place some 900 years afterward. During the creation of all the back story for the 900 years in between XIII and XIII-2, the development team decided to add time travel in the game. The theme of the game was keep the hope alive, even if the future is dark, uncertain and dangerous. Developers have got inspiration to the story from the tsunami cataclysm which happened in Japan in March 2011.
04.jpeg

05.jpeg

Archylte Steppe 900 AF

07.jpeg

Bresha Ruins 900 AF

I don't see the thing that connected it with Type-0 though.

EDIT

Nvm it's there

Like we know, Valhalla is a place between the Unseen World and the real world, but originally it was meant to be the place in 999 AF. That time was also mentioned in Final Fantasy Type-0 (Only released in Japan for PSP) which would have tied both games together. This idea was cancelled.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I don't think so, it would be stupid considering time isn't suppose to exist.

There is talk about 900 years though- but as a scrapped idea. I think what it said was that 900 years later was a specific thing referenced in Type-0, and when XIII-2 was originally penned, either the end of time or Valhalla was meant to take place then, and it would have tied the world to Type-0. But idea was later discarded.

Can't find the source though.

EDIT

Found it
04.jpeg

05.jpeg

Archylte Steppe 900 AF

07.jpeg

Bresha Ruins 900 AF

I don't see the thing that connected it with Type-0 though.

EDIT

Nvm it's there

Thanks, I always knew that the fighting for 900 yrs was dumb. I read that entire page sometime ago.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
I've googled & binged the thing about Caius being the strongest rival.

I saw the article when it was first released but now I'm unable to find it help.

:wallbanger: :wallbanger: :wallbanger: :wallbanger:

EDIT: I found it

Last edited:

Dana

Rookie Adventurer
I just started this game for the first time(i just saw the part where Yuel appears and tells Serah they're the same).

The game is really fun so far(even though I'm pissed at it right now because I tried to tame the rare monster Narashima and failed three times. does that feral link thing even work idgi...)

Does anyone else find the NPCs hilarious in this game? Not what they say exactly, but what they do. The way they all come barreling towards you when you do you moogle thing near them. And in Bresha 5AF I was having a serious convo with this researcher lady, and in the middle of her sentence she just sits down on the ground and, idk, strikes a bikini modeling pose or something with her head tilted back to look at me(the fact that it was raining made it even funnier to me).

Then I was standing on the big stone steps talking to this gray/blue haired guy and another guy with orange hair runs full blast and just plows into the first man, makes him stumble a few steps to the side, then just sits his ass down where the guy he pushed was a sec ago, all up in our faces while the first dude just smoothly continues talking.

Then I saw this on tumblr and now I wanna know what Serah's not telling me. Like what she REALLY is

too bad it's got snap text on it, but whatever.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
NPCs do all sorts of things:

---React to moogle throws.
---React to monsters.
---In Lightning Returns they freak out when you draw your sword and start swinging it at them or cutting target boxes. If you hit guards in Luxerion and Yusnaan they will attack you (there's no detriment to doing this so use it to get that extra EP if you need it).

I find it silly when you have cutscene conversations with characters and the random passerbys keep running in to you and walking away or bumping in to you.

Dana

Rookie Adventurer
I find it silly when you have cutscene conversations with characters and the random passerbys keep running in to you and walking away or bumping in to you.

It is silly, but it cracks me up. And when you have the little conversations between Serah, Noel and Mog, Noel keeps knocking into Serah repeatedly. Like wtf man, stand in one spot weirdo. xD

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Oh yeah and whenever you save someone's soul, if NPCs are around they will applaud you and comment.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Well, in your playthrough, did you try to avoid conflict, or did you kill everything in your path and actively seek out soldiers because they happened to be standing next to treasure spheres?

Lex

Administrator
Blade said:
But "murder"/"homicide" is classified as an unjustified, malicious killing. That's a distinction made even in the Bible.

Someone tell Square-Enix's plot writers this. :doh:

Why? So they can conform the the standards of the Christian bible? No thanks.

Clement Rage said:
Well, in your playthrough, did you try to avoid conflict, or did you kill everything in your path and actively seek out soldiers because they happened to be standing next to treasure spheres?

I killed somewhere upwards of 100 soldiers farming credit chips on that airship section XD.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Lex, see... it's not about whether or not it goes against the bible...

No, what I mean is... Square Enix loves KILLING characters off.... way too much.

Almost as bad as Tomino.

Lex

Administrator
Lex, see... it's not about whether or not it goes against the bible...

No, what I mean is... Square Enix loves KILLING characters off.... way too much.

Almost as bad as Tomino.

Yeah the massacre of Rygdea et al and 2/3's of the population of Cocoon really annoyed me.

Lex

Administrator
How did I not know this.

Didn't everyone else die? My headcanoncrack has obviously overridden actual canon in the brain. Also why wasn't Rygdea in the sequels because I would have appreciated some of that eye candy.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if it was mentioned in the games it was only in the autoclip sections, but he appears in the first ffxiii-2 novel (and the 'lost episode' videos from the official site which were based on those chapters of the book).

Top Bottom