Final Fantasy XIII-2

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
So this is an SE thing? Assuming future fuck-ups based on past fuck-ups. Not saying that's not a fair thing to do, but... idk.

I don't know. When people making a reputation of failure it gets hard to divorce them from it.

SE is gonna need to really surprise people with something if they want to earn more faith.

I mean, they even ruined Parasite Eve for me.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I don't know. When people making a reputation of failure it gets hard to divorce them from it.

Yeah, I don't disagree. They've sort of earned the contempt.

I still have a tiny bit of hope that they can fix their shit (but they have to know what the hell they're doing wrong first). But looking for them to pull a rabbit out of their hat may be an unfair expectation.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I may be just a bit butthurt about Serah being a main character because she is absolutely uninteresting in FFXIII. I'd rather have a third person shooter starring Sahz.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
A game with Sazh as the main character I can get behind :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Please E3, take us towards the light!

(And I'm not meaning 'Lightning', I'm meaning all of XIII-2!)

It's not reasonable at all no matter who it fucking is. At least Tidus was a goddamn athlete and was learning by example from Auron and the other guardians. Fucks sake people.

You can't just pick up a fucking weapon and be a badass just cause you can. HERP DERP SOMEONE ELSE DID IT SO IT'S OK. Christ.

I have to agree with this.

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Tifabelle said:
First off, if people are going to be rude then I'm just gonna step away.

Yeah. I get some people just aren't going to like this game, but c'mon now, this should just be easygoing speculation.

Without quoting everyone I'll just say it's entirely possible Serah learned a form of self defense while living on Pulse. It's a notoriously dangerous planet; learning a basic fighting skill just seems like common sense if you want to survive regardless of your background. So I don't think it's a giant leap for her character at all, she is Lightning's sister, and Light even comments in the novella that Serah wasn't as weak as she looked.

Besides in the screencaps/teaser she hardly looks like a pro with that sword. Her stance in battle looks pretty novice and you see her party members aiding her. So given all that it does in fact look like her character will progress throughout the storyline rather than just being badass out of nowhere.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah. I get some people just aren't going to like this game, but c'mon now, this should just be easygoing speculation.

Welcome to TLS. When we debate, we take it seriously.

Without quoting everyone I'll just say it's entirely possible Serah learned a form of self defense while living on Pulse. It's a notoriously dangerous planet; learning a basic fighting skill just seems like common sense if you want to survive regardless of your background. So I don't think it's a giant leap for her character at all, she is Lightning's sister, and Light even comments in the novella that Serah wasn't as weak as she looked.

Besides in the screencaps/teaser she hardly looks like a pro with that sword. Her stance in battle looks pretty novice and you see her party members aiding her. So given all that it does in fact look like her character will progress throughout the storyline rather than just being badass out of nowhere.

Possible yes, believable not so much.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
^I also want a grown-up Hope. Now we are three :awesome:

zk1uo.gif

@ everything else being discussed: lol

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
zk1uo.gif

@ everything else being discussed: lol

What a magnificent contribution to the discussion, you are the pivotal example of a respectable and determined debater.

My hats off to you soldier.

Now, seriously. If you're gonna post, post something with substance. Otherwise gtfo.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
No, it's just irritating as hell to have this big discussion and someone comes in with a freaking "lol". You're not contributing at all and insulting everyone who bothered to speak their mind and say how they felt on this.

Agree, disagree, call me a moron for thinking the way I do. I don't care, just say something, PLEASE.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
They said a while back that everyone except Serah thinks Lightning is dead, that's not new.

So since Lightning's chilling out with Odin again, does that mean she has her l'Cie powers back? Or does she get him free of charge because she's in this alternate world?

And I wonder what this meteor is that they mentioned. More FF7 parallels :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
They said a while back that everyone except Serah thinks Lightning is dead, that's not new.

So? I missed that someone obviously.

So since Lightning's chilling out with Odin again, does that mean she has her l'Cie powers back? Or does she get him free of charge because she's in this alternate world?

SHE IS IN THE LAND OF MAGIC FAERIES AND UNICORNS.

Also, is that Noel(Is he seriously pronouncing his name NOLE?) guy's va Johnny Yong Bosch ? If so, fuck sake.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
:excited:

I look at it this way: almost anything can still be a weapon in a desperate situation. Maybe it's more or less that Serah has no choice in the matter.

Swing the sword, hit the enemy - it doesn't matter how good you are, just as long as you do those two things.

But...that doesn't make much sense. If you're not good with a weapon in a combat situation you're not gonna live long.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
So? I missed that someone obviously.

"Set a few years after Lightning and the others saved Cocoon, some survivors have decided to start over by rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning, however, is nowhere to be found and thought dead by many, but Serah believes otherwise. When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters, a mysterious man named Noel appears to save her. Together, the two set off to find Lightning..."

:monster:

Also, is that Noel(Is he seriously pronouncing his name NOLE?) guy's va Johnny Yong Bosch ? If so, fuck sake.

Eh, I don't think so, doesn't really sound like him. And 'Nole' is a perfectly acceptable pronounciation.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
But...that doesn't make much sense. If you're not good with a weapon in a combat situation you're not gonna live long.

Possibly.

\So since Lightning's chilling out with Odin again, does that mean she has her l'Cie powers back? Or does she get him free of charge because she's in this alternate world?

It was already mentioned that yes, Lightning is once again a l'Cie.

This time around though, she has her own choice in what she wishes to do with the powers.

I'm personally guessing Etro has a hand in this... ???

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

:excited: I love the land of magic faeries and unicorns!!! ^_^

Yeah, I know, once again, somewhere, someone in this thread is doing a face-palm.

It sounds like NOLE to me. I have no problem personally, though it is spelled Noel.

Top Bottom