Final Fantasy XIII-2

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
The combat looks even more fun this time around, I'm excited.

This. The added QTEs certainly aren't original by any means, but who gives a fuck - should be sweet. Very cinematic, too, which is right up SE's alley.

no1curr

seriously

This.

Though no matter how much I dislike him it better be explained what the fuck he's doing because seriously his fiancee is getting her shit handed to her and traipsing around with a good-looking dude and her 'hero' should be all over that shit.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Only in the name of plot continuity.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Though no matter how much I dislike him it better be explained what the fuck he's doing because seriously his fiancee is getting her shit handed to her and traipsing around with a good-looking dude and her 'hero' should be all over that shit.

Noel is Snow

WHAT A TWEEST

I liked the scene with lebreau near the end

looks like she has a new hero :awesome:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Did any of the novellas mention Fang having siblings?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Also, is that Noel(Is he seriously pronouncing his name NOLE?) guy's va Johnny Yong Bosch ? If so, fuck sake.

(and all the other "Noel" related stuff)

I think Noel is a irl name, pronounced "nole". :huh:

Serah is completely helpless in all of the scenes, but she's slicing and dicing monsters in the battles?

But, wouldn't you chalk this up to being a gameplay element, and not necessarily a plot element? In which case, it's similar to the idea of "levels" in that it doesn't really matter. It's just for smooth gameplay purposes.

Yac said:

Yeah hopefully his whereabouts will be explained. Especially since we see the rest of NORA. Although the description does make it sound like she goes off without against others' wishes (the part about how she's the only one that thinks Lightning's alive).

And I... I kind of like Snow ;.;

If Noel is from Pulse, where is his Aussie accent :sadpanda:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Someone on the FFWiki IRC pointed out a small but revealing detail in this screenshot.

scaled.php

There's a "climate" system of some sort. Which means there's seasons, and areas change freely. Which means you can revisit areas freely, which means...

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
If Noel is from Pulse, where is his Aussie accent :sadpanda:

omg

I didn't even realize this until now

GOOD CATCH BELLE DARLING.

clearly this is all the more support for my hopexsnow lovechild theory

though honestly it could just be SE being stupid and forgetting that they established distinctive Pulsian accents :/

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I think Noel is a irl name, pronounced "nole". :huh:

I've only ever heard it pronounced No-El.
But, wouldn't you chalk this up to being a gameplay element, and not necessarily a plot element? In which case, it's similar to the idea of "levels" in that it doesn't really matter. It's just for smooth gameplay purposes.

Maybe, but it still doesn't sit with me. I don't know yet.
Yeah hopefully his whereabouts will be explained. Especially since we see the rest of NORA. Although the description does make it sound like she goes off without against others' wishes (the part about how she's the only one that thinks Lightning's alive).

maybe snow got ate up by the magical world of nimh too

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Someone on the FFWiki IRC pointed out a small but revealing detail in this screenshot.

scaled.php

There's a "climate" system of some sort. Which means there's seasons, and areas change freely. Which means you can revisit areas freely, which means...

IIRC Se did say that this game fixes the issue of no towns from the original

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA

scaled.php

While it's definitely hopeful, it could just mean the area uses those 'sun/rain' switches like they had in the first game.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Did any of the novellas mention Fang having siblings?

Fang and Vanille are said to be orphans, as far as I know. There true home was the area that Lindzei/Barthandelus - whichever of the two, if they're not the same being - destroyed to take up to Cocoon. I could be mistaken, but the story makes it, out of all the lives (human and non) only those two survived.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
That's what I thought, but it's been a while since I read the novellas and wanted to double-check.

Still, Noel's clothing design is undeniably similar to Fang's.

Maybe Noel is the original (male) Fang recycled so Square wouldn't have to make any new character models :awesome:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
though honestly it could just be SE being stupid and forgetting that they established distinctive Pulsian accents :/

This was more what I was thinking. Unless he's from a different part of Pulse where they don't have said accent. :/

I hope the mini-map is better. I didn't like the one in XIII. Or maybe it was just that one area of Pulse was just a blob of an area and I couldn't figure out which direction was which.

Or maybe I just have a terrible sense of direction in video games. ... ... nah.

IIRC Se did say that this game fixes the issue of no towns from the original

YEY.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You know they did incorporate seasons in FFXII, they could do something similar here.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I'm sorry. You were all right.
It doesn't look like Square changed Serah or gave her a personality. Rejoice! Same cardboard -- longer play. :monster:

I'll be chillin in the Revelations thread, where the world makes sense (waiting to hear if Serah and Snow broke up. Scandalous!)

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/07/ffxiii_update_and_date/

December release date.

EDIT 2: 'Early 2012' is on the NA site's update.

I hope the mini-map is better. I didn't like the one in XIII. Or maybe it was just that one area of Pulse was just a blob of an area and I couldn't figure out which direction was which.

Honestly, I think it was the map. Depending on your moves, it didn't stay static, but rolled and moved with you. So, where North is up, when you move, North could end up down.

:excited: Thank you! ^_^

EDIT: You also get to fight with a Feral Behemoth! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom