Final Fantasy XIII-2

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
But...that doesn't make much sense. If you're not good with a weapon in a combat situation you're not gonna live long.

Only in real life. In videogames and movies you only have a short life if you are scripted as a Red Shirt and not as the hero.

nah, definitely hopexsnow lovechild i'm calling it right now

Babies these days sure grow up quickly :awesome:

Did any of the novellas mention Fang having siblings?

They said they all the orphans lived in a kind of commune, nothing more.

I have to admit, that having Feral Behemosts in your party does sound pretty rad.

I'm beginning to think that someone has the ability to tame or bewitch monsters into your party.

And...

WHERE THE HELL IS SAZH!!! :rage:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I question as to why they're releasing this first over Versus.... Something wrong???

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Is that...an actual town?

Tears, I cry them. With NPCs you can actually talk to and everything.

Looks like they changed how the preemptive strike mechanic works, which I'm happy for because it was kinda stupid in the first one.

And a minigame, too - though it looks pretty easy, imo.

Only minor complaint is that I really hope it won't say CINEMATIC ACTION every single time there's a QTE.

Other than that, digging what I see so far.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I was pronouncing it "Nole".... The only time I see it pronounced "No-El" is if it's got those two little dots over the E or it's spelled Noelle.

As for Sazh, considering he was really only fighting for his son, and now he has him back, be probably won't be a playable character. But I'm sure he'll be around.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The game needs more Sazh. He was awesome.

He had a personality that just felt kinda "real".
As opposed to morons like Snow.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh definitely. Sazh was easily the best character in the game and is probably even among my favorites in the series.

Just having watched the trailer, is Noel's last name really Christ? lol If that's the case maybe it should be Noël...
Combat looks pretty awesome, but that's the one thing I was pretty confident they'd get right. The battle with Lightning chasing something down on Odin looked fun. Trailer still didn't show a TON, but I'm intrigued, I guess.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Definitely use of magic, hm. I wonder how they'll justify that, unless they all become l'Cie again :monster: Or they'll just say they kept all their abilities...

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
So I guess Serah can use a sword and a bow?

Terrafig

AKA
KaleMarsh
...Moogles turn into bows now? I can like that, even if it doesn't make any sense.

Quick time events. Final Fantasy XIII still doesn't know what kind of game it wants to be.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Yeah, from what I can tell and from what I've seen, it's a sword and a bow.
But I could be wrong and it could be two different weapons.

I am so excited trying to run through all the videos at once but OH MY GOD HER BOW

I JUST

TEARS OF JOY

AND TOWNS

SOBBING

I'm not expecting excellence here but I am honestly happy that SE is actually listening to their fanbase and trying to improve. Really, XIII had some good ideas that needed polishing, and I'm hoping they deliver on this. I'm just really optimistic about the direction so far.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
No, it's just irritating as hell to have this big discussion and someone comes in with a freaking "lol". You're not contributing at all and insulting everyone who bothered to speak their mind and say how they felt on this.

Agree, disagree, call me a moron for thinking the way I do. I don't care, just say something, PLEASE.

Okay, well I am sorry if I offended anyone but I think that things got uncessarily out of hand in the thread, and I thought it was funny. And I will not be jumping into a convo about whether or not Serah is capable of fighting or not and why/why not, because seriously.. who cares. It's just a game, and it's not even fucking out yet lol. I don't see why everyone seems to be so.. ANGRY in this thread. xD

nah, definitely hopexsnow lovechild i'm calling it right now

EW. Actually it looks more like Squall x Fangs mistake....

waiting to hear if Serah and Snow broke up. Scandalous!

She's still wearing the necklace, though. xD

Annnd I'm also excited to see Serah using a bow. I absolutely love archers, and the last badass female archer we had in an FF game was Rosa. ;_; Unless you count Fran, but you are able to change her weapon completely. xD

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Oh definitely. Sazh was easily the best character in the game and is probably even among my favorites in the series.

Easily one of the best in the series.

Just having watched the trailer, is Noel's last name really Christ? lol If that's the case maybe it should be Noël...

It sounded to me like "chris".

Combat looks pretty awesome, but that's the one thing I was pretty confident they'd get right.

Yeah, it seems they stuck very closely to XIII's battle system, which pleases me. The only thing is that is seems to me that you still don't have any direct control over the other party members. The other thing I noted about XIII's battles is that you can't move a party member around the field, which I didn't like. I guess I've gotten used to being able to do that in video games, cause I generally prefer to keep members separated in case of area attacks, etc.

As for the NPCs, I did note that when you talk to one and there is a person nearby talking, there is a text-over-text thing on the screen which could be annoying. Although it didn't seem hard to read.

Raindrops on the screen, lol. Yay a town!

As for the Cinematic Action thing, that's really something I would need to play through to really know if it's annoying or fun or meh.

I like the random soldier in one of the videos that was like "Do I get overtime pay for this?"

Oh and that girl/boy? Sounds like a girl :P Just in case those short shorts didn't give it away.

A moogle that doubles as a weapon? Well how 'bout that.

That 15 min vid just looks like all those other vids combined into one ^_^

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I always kept Fran with the bow; it just didn't feel right for her to use anything else. :C

Also that "resolve the anomaly" thing looks like a mini-game. S-so we're getting at least one mini game (I'm hoping more but I won't hold my breath) alongside possible missions? I am 0kay with this.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I like Rosa as much as the next guy, but I think Fran fits more readily into the "badass" descriptor :monster:

Tifabelle said:
The other thing I noted about XIII's battles is that you can't move a party member around the field, which I didn't like. I guess I've gotten used to being able to do that in video games, cause I generally prefer to keep members separated in case of area attacks, etc.

Eh. I'd just as soon not be bothered with it. I would take controlling other party members LONG before movement. Especially since FFXII's free movement was all but meaningless. If you were targetted by an attack, it was still stats that determined whether you were hit or not, your position was irrelevant. I understand that it was necessary as part of XII's no-battle-window thing, but without such a system, I see no reason to put free movement in this.
And even then, I manipulated my position to an advantage in XIII against the Gigantaur. I used Sazh as my main, with two other sentinels. Sazh's full attack chain moves him backwards. Do it enough and prevent him from moving forward again and he pulls well out of range of 10,000 needles :monster:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Now that my browser finally loaded the two first videos I can say something ( :P ):
-Noel is definitely Pulsian (and yes, he looks like Fang and Squall's lovechild)
-Time-travel is involved (that might be how some characters will come back)
-The Mog is wielding a Cardcaptor-Sakura-like staff with a big clock on the top, so he might be some sort of guide.
-Atlas might be a fal'Cie they found at Cocoon, but now I wonder at which point of Cocoon't history did that happen.
-Light seems to be the one narrating some of the events

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I like Rosa as much as the next guy, but I think Fran fits more readily into the "badass" descriptor

This makes me think you never played FFIV! Looks can be deceiving because she can kick total ass in battle.

Top Bottom