Final Fantasy XIII-2

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Chie Satonaka said:
-Time-travel is involved (that might be how some characters will come back)

That would also explain some of the Cocoon-looking locales. Also makes sense considering the assumption that part of the reason for the sequel is all the maps and stuff that was reportedly cut from XIII, most of which I would assume was for Cocoon.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
This shit looks ridiculous.

It makes more sense for Serah to use a bow. Looks like Nnome is gonna be more of a main character than her. It's ridiculous how she's still getting lead around by the nose.

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I would take controlling other party members LONG before movement.

So would I. No question.

Especially since FFXII's free movement was all but meaningless. If you were targetted by an attack, it was still stats that determined whether you were hit or not, your position was irrelevant. I understand that it was necessary as part of XII's no-battle-window thing, but without such a system, I see no reason to put free movement in this.

Eh I guess that makes sense. I still want to be able to move though :wacky:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Looks like Nnome is gonna be more of a main character than her. It's ridiculous how she's still getting lead around by the nose.

We don't know if people were just stuck playing as him because of the demo or if in full release we can have Serah leading.

We don't know if he's currently leading because he's the more experienced fighter and he's training her.

We don't even know exactly where this scene lies in the game, so we don't even have much context. :monster:

Quite frankly if they remained focused on the three party members then there's plenty or room for equal spotlight throughout the game.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
We don't know if people were just stuck playing as him because of the demo or if in full release we can have Serah leading.

We don't know if he's currently leading because he's the more experienced fighter and he's training her.

We don't even know exactly where this scene lies in the game, so we don't even have much context. :monster:

Quite frankly if they remained focused on the three party members then there's plenty or room for equal spotlight throughout the game.

Ok thanks for pointing out the obvious I guess.

I suppose commenting on what we see is taboo now. At any rate, she hasn't changed much.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
At any rate, she hasn't changed much.

I wonder if that'll be part of her storyline. Like, learning to be stronger for herself, etc. I mean, if the short description was any indicator, she does have some sort of determination (having gone off on her own to look for Lightning).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I wonder if that'll be part of her storyline. Like, learning to be stronger for herself, etc. I mean, if the short description was any indicator, she does have some sort of determination (having gone off on her own to look for Lightning).

She didn't really go off on her own.

And I can't comment on comments? 0_0

I would prefer if you didn't treat me like an moron who needs the simplest of facts pointed out every time I say something. I know what you know. All I'm doing is stating my opinion on what I've seen.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I would prefer if you didn't treat me like an moron who needs the simplest of facts pointed out every time I say something. I know what you know. All I'm doing is stating my opinion on what I've seen.

Wow, really?

I'm saying your judgment's pretty hasty because of x, y, and z. I wasn't even remotely rude like the posts earlier on in this thread outright calling your posts stupid. If anything I'm just irritated at the overwhelming kneejerk negativity every time we get information.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Wow, really?

I'm saying your judgment's pretty hasty because of x, y, and z. I wasn't even remotely rude like the posts earlier on in this thread outright calling your posts stupid. If anything I'm just irritated at the overwhelming kneejerk negativity every time we get information.

Looks like Nnome is gonna be more of a main character than her.

That's not a judgement.

I'm irritated at the annoying kneejerk defense of this shit every time I say something. You can't judge something properly until you've seen everything there is to see, which we haven't. You don't think it's rude to respond to a post by laying out everything a person already knows as if they're incapable of inference isn't rude, ok, but don't expect it not to annoy me.

I'm just talking about what I see. Positivity isn't the only acceptable response to this shit after all.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
She didn't really go off on her own.

Well it sounds like she does initially, but yeah, seems it isn't long before she meets up with Noel.

Zee said:
If anything I'm just irritated at the overwhelming kneejerk negativity every time we get information.

Sorry, but I kind of agree on this. :(

ForceStealer

Double Growth
She went off her own into the Pulse Vestige prior to the events of XIII. 'twas how she got her l'Cie brand in the first place. So it wouldn't be the first time.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
That's not a judgement.

I'm irritated at the annoying kneejerk defense of this shit every time I say something. You can't judge something properly until you've seen everything there is to see, which we haven't.

I'm just talking about what I see. Positivity isn't the only acceptable response to this shit after all.

jesus christ i don't even wanna get into a stupid ass argument but

yes you constantly posting how shit's stupid and ridiculous comes off as a judgment

and yes people in this thread who are excited about xiii-2 are gonna rise to defend it. maybe i'm just insulting you by ~pointing out the obvious~ again but what the hell do you expect, man?

it's not even about everything being entirely positive but i'm sure there's more legit criticisms to be made

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
yes you constantly posting how shit's stupid and ridiculous comes off as a judgment

1, I only said things looked ridiculous twice, that's not constantly posting. It's not a judgement to post your opinion about how things look and discuss it.

This is a judgment: This game looks shit and has no chance of being good. There's no way it can improve on XIII and its shitty characters.

That's not what I'm doing, which makes that a silly declaration.

Fuck sake. I have expressed interest in other issues regarding this game, commented on its systems, the fact that it has towns, but none of that matters now does it?

Every time this shit happens people make these ridiculous exclamations about what I've said because they don't like that I have a different opinion.
and yes people in this thread who are excited about xiii-2 are gonna rise to defend it. maybe i'm just insulting you by ~pointing out the obvious~ again but what the hell do you expect, man?

People to acknowledge that there are different opinions about how this shit looks and respect other peoples opinions? Do you see me whining about how you people are ridiculously positive about this crap when there is absolutely no reason to be given how overwhelmingly mediocre this XIII was? No, you don't.

Really, what the fuck people. It's stupid.
it's not even about everything being entirely positive but i'm sure there's more legit criticisms to be made

Oh so my criticisms aren't as legit as people gushing for no apparent reason? That's a bullshit argument. I have every right to say how I feel, without people getting butthurt and whining because I have an opinion they don't share. Defend the game, but don't treat me like I'm in the wrong here.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
People to acknowledge that there are different opinions about how this shit looks and respect other peoples opinions?

defending the game has nothing to do with a lack of respect for other people's opinions but because this is a forum where we all put our .02 in about stuff

i mean really you can say whatever you want but obviously people can and will comment on it

i'd like to think people can disagree with each other without getting their panties in such a twist

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
defending the game has nothing to do with a lack of respect for other people's opinions but because this is a forum where we all put our .02 in about stuff

No shit? It's how you defend it that shows a lack of respect.

i mean really you can say whatever you want but obviously people can and will comment on it

I don't mind people defending the game, but people getting their tits up over my opinions, when they're not even that extreme and throwing out hyperbole is ridiculous. I haven't said the game is going to be bad or anything. Fuck. I MIGHT even love it.

Fuck sake, I've already said I LIKE some of what I've seen but that's enough, boo hoo he said something disparaging. Geez.

I like speaking my mind but if everyone's just going to keep get butthurt about it what's the point? That's not conducive to a discussion. But to be fair Force and Tifabelle have been pretty cool about it so thanks guys.

i'd like to think people can disagree with each other without getting their panties in such a twist

Clearly we can't since people are all out of sorts over my posts. Opinions, boo hiss.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
look i could keep this nonsense going or i can go get an iced coffee at dunkin donuts

guess which one i'm gonna do

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, it's nonsense. Saying that'll will really show me. Pfft.

Enjoy your overfrosted donuts.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Anyway, it's important to move past this self important bullshit, so I'll try to start a new discussion.

Is it me or do noel's animations look very kingdom hearts esque? Especially his run animation.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Is Nomura involved in this at all?

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Is Nomura involved in this at all?

Apparently he "designed his face, while his body and clothes were designed by the rest of the art team", according to the Wikia. I'll take it for what it is until I see the game's official staff listing.

Yes, he looks quite Kingdom-Hearts, but maybe it's like Tifabelle said, that it's the Terra-like pants.

Watching the long video:

-At 7:46 a soldier mentions that the head of the investigation has Alyssa's age (you know, the young, slim, blonde girl that walks around there). Child genius incoming! :awesome:
-Serah and Noel have arrived at Cocoon five years after a Purge was carried out (it has to be many decades, if not some centuries, before FFXIII's story)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Apparently he "designed his face, while his body and clothes were designed by the rest of the art team", according to the Wikia. I'll take it for what it is until I see the game's official staff listing.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Top Bottom