Final Fantasy XIII-2

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I dunno, they could've put in the real victory theme the bastards. What is Hamauzu's problem with recurring themes, anyway? (Not that I know if Hamauzu is even doing this game, but the question still stands!)

XIII had the chocobo theme, if that helps any. :)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Look at all these raised hopes.

I can't wait for the fallout :P

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
And you also played WoW? Gurrrrrrl why have you never told me. I remember going into Old Ironforge a few years ago/the airport place. Fun times. I died there >__>

I played for several years, was even shaman class lead in a raiding guild for a good while. :monster: Me and some guildies used to always raid Ironforge and camp out in this lonely house with no NPCs nearby, luring in and murdering dozens of passing Alliance.

OH NOSTALGIA

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I gotta say the rap doesn't really bother me as much XD It's not great or anything but I can easily block it out or mute it. It's not as bad as some other music I've heard though. The GameFAQs topics about it take it too far though.. but then again they always do XD

The music gave me a Persona feeling that I liked a lot
And having Rise's VA voicing the main character is a bonus for me.
Though I would have liked too the TRUE victory fanfare :(

I think the Moogle sounds kinda cute >__> I was afraid it'd be really annoying.

You kidding? It's utterly adorable! >w< I wanna squeeze it silly!

The only complain I have about those vids is that the player didn't do much exploration. Oh well, I'll wait then.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku

As I figure it

I enjoyed the first one

This one looks to have improved upon several of the flaws of the first one

ergo, second one should be even more enjoyable

That said, a lot of my enjoyment came from Lightning, Sazh, Fang and Vanille, so if they don't get much/any screentime I'll be a sad, sad panda.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's a wonder you've ever played a game that wasn't a platformer, Tenny.

There are plenty of things that I like about RPG's that don't involve platforming.

It's just that XIII kind of started to drag when I got to Pulse...

And I was like..."I wish I could jump..." :awesome:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Watching those vids, I gotta say the music does absolutely nothing for me.

The music is absolutely horrendous. Not that I expected anything fabulous, since I didn't like any music in FFXIII either.

I can easily block it out or mute it.

Imo music is very important in a game, and if you have to play one on mute or try blocking it out I think something's wrong lol.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That said, a lot of my enjoyment came from Lightning, Sazh, Fang and Vanille, so if they don't get much/any screentime I'll be a sad, sad panda.

Same. Sazh had best be in here.

Also, Fang and Vanille probably wouldn't show up until the end.
I heard part of the plot might be Lightning trying to find a way to free them from stasis? I could live with that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I feel exactly the way Yacc does, it sounds like XIII but better. The potential caveat is cast. Lightning and Sazh kinda carried XIII for me as it was, I'm not sure Serah and this dude can, but we'll see I guess.

And I liked XIII's soundtrack :( I was just miffed by the lack of series themes.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
As I figure it

I enjoyed the first one

Enjoy your Serah music video :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Okay, whatever, I'm taking it to mean that there are time overlaps (if not time travel) in this game! One of the latest videos linked to by Anoop has [SPOILER\Noel saying that the key to control the device that control's Atlas would not belong to this time/be of this time[/SPOILER]. So yeah, I'm taking it as there is definitely a time - something - going on here.

Which leads me to a bit of a confusion I'm having:
Again, in one of the latest videos, a civilian (? - not a soldier) says that the rain is not artificial and he had forgotten what it feels like, but then there are soldiers roaming about. Bresha is a ruin in XIII. No one was there. It's a ruin in this game. So - maybe the people you see and speak to, as well as the creatures are overlapping??? I know, we've got to wait until SE either spills the beans or the game comes out. Still. Why would soldiers be roaming about a ruin... ??? Why would ~
Oh, this is just confusing me!

Just to be cute, but also in case anyone's seriously wondering... :awesome:

World English Dictionary
paradox (ˈpærəˌdɒks)

— n
1. a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory statement that is or may be true: religious truths are often expressed in paradox
2. a self-contradictory proposition, such as I always tell lies
3. a person or thing exhibiting apparently contradictory characteristics
4. an opinion that conflicts with common belief

[C16: from Late Latin paradoxum, from Greek paradoxos opposed to existing notions, from para- 1 + doxa opinion]

From http://www.dictionary.com

Is Serah going to become her own great grandmother or something??? :huh: :wacky:

:P Hey, come on, even Lightning says that Serah is to see her own past, or something like it... ^_^

Okay... going to read latest comments.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Imo music is very important in a game, and if you have to play one on mute or try blocking it out I think something's wrong lol.

qfmft

I've never, ever played a game the first time through with the music muted. It's such an integral part of the overall atmosphere.

Which also means, unfortunately, when the music's crap the atmosphere suffers accordingly.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I didn't notice that post.

I agree. Stellar soundtrack is a must. If there's a track that's so bad I have to turn the music off, it's unacceptable.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Which leads me to a bit of a confusion I'm having:
Again, in one of the latest videos, a civilian (? - not a soldier) says that the rain is not artificial and he had forgotten what it feels like, but then there are soldiers roaming about. Bresha is a ruin in XIII. No one was there. It's a ruin in this game.
Oh, this is just confusing me!

All of the weather in Cocoon was created by the fal'Cie - artificial. Since the soldier is clearly an ex-member of PSICOM, it would make perfect sense that he'd experienced artificial rain elsewhere in Cocoon.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
All of the weather in Cocoon was created by the fal'Cie - artificial. Since the soldier is clearly an ex-member of PSICOM, it would make perfect sense that he'd experienced artificial rain elsewhere in Cocoon.

Are you sure of that?

Despite the alternate theory that I mentioned before, I think they
arrived at the time when the last Purge was carried out before FFXIII's start. I think it could be centuries before the first game's time.

Yeah, I thought they might do a little exploring, or so I was hoping but I guess not =/ Oh well gives me something to look forward to :monster:

I still wanted them to go visit that researcher from the other video. That was the only thing I REALLY wanted to know ;3;

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
And what server? :P I tried playing a Shaman but I couldn't get use to it. I'm enjoying my Paladin though and I like being a Hunter, mainly because I like the pets. I'M GETTING INTO RAIDING BUT I AM ALWAYS PARANOID. Mostly my bf tanks and I heal, but when people pull extra shit it makes it harder on me. >:C LOL O U sounds like fun :awesome:

Boulderfist. And I was always a resto shaman for endgame, so healing was my thing - I can sympathize with how difficult it becomes when people are idiots and pull too much.

Are you sure of that?

Despite the alternate theory that I mentioned before, I think they
arrived at the time when the last Purge was carried out before FFXIII's start. I think it could be centuries before the first game's time.

Well he's clearly wearing a PSICOM uniform.
And why exactly have they gone back in time? I though they were just running around Bresha Ruins, which had been re-colonized after the crash.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Chie Satonaka said:
The music gave me a Persona feeling that I liked a lot

Ahaha that's the first thing I thought of, too.

Sami said:
Same here! And I know, I love Rise's voice actor. Not to mention she also voices Hamuko/Minako/FeMC from P3P :awesome: I remember the entire time playing that I always pictured Serah/Rise saying "PERSONA!"

I cannot disassociate Laura Bailey from Keiko ever so I just keep waiting for a "YUSUKE!!!" wail

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I haven't watched the video yet, but Persona was the first thing I thought of when I heard people talking about jpop and rap :P

Is an odd choice, I must say. I thought XIII's music fit the world pretty well. Just X's music fit much more than did X-2's.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
The music is absolutely horrendous. Not that I expected anything fabulous, since I didn't like any music in FFXIII either.

I was scared when I heard about the rap, but after seeing the videos - it sounds okay.

Very repetitious though. I know, all video games have repetitious music, but - this may become very annoying, very quickly, at least for me.

And even 'paradox' and 'fixing the past' is nailed into you via the songs, if you listen closely.

As I figure it

I enjoyed the first one

Agreed.

There are plenty of things that I like about RPG's that don't involve platforming.

It's just that XIII kind of started to drag when I got to Pulse...

And I was like..."I wish I could jump..." :awesome:

... and ...

Haters gonna hate.

I don't care as long as I can jump. :wacky:

They should let us dodge roll

Tennyo, you made me laugh so hard, my throat hurts a bit.

If I have the knowledge and technology, I may just do this to be a smart ass:

I can see someone making a three to five minute video and putting it on YouTube: Noel, Serah, or some other lead just jumping their way through where ever they are in the game.

I would dedicate it to you. :P :awesome:

And we're lucky to have gotten that, apparently. No prelude, no victory theme, no Final Fantasy main theme...

The Victory Theme is actually that small bit of music that plays right before the star ranking, etc. I like how Serah
throws up her sword/bow at the end of battle. It makes me think of Zack and Cloud

I'm actually seriously contemplating making a public bet here. Well, as public as we can legally, amongst friends.

Something like: $5 down for each section you want to take a vote upon.

1. There will be fal'Cie. And none of this Etro stuff. She doesn't really count!
$5 down, yes or no.

... etc ...

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Well he's clearly wearing a PSICOM uniform.
And why exactly have they gone back in time? I though they were just running around Bresha Ruins, which had been re-colonized after the crash.

Yeah, silly me. So, derp :wacky:

But I was talking about the short voice-over of Lightning talking about the past. I think they went back in time to pre-crystallized Cocoon, even pre-FFXIII events, since in the first game no one could take shelter on the ruins because everyone got murdered by the army. That's why I think that Purge they mention might be from a time way before the original game.

Top Bottom