Final Fantasy XIII-2

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
.....Damn you, Square. Goddamn you to hell. How the hell...are you interesting me in this now?

Tch, I'm way too gullible.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
Seems to me that Mako is a tsundere for Square.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Perhaps they did not travel to Cocoon of the present, but Cocoon of an alternate reality. Atlas - who looks a lot like a fal'Cie; Titan plus horns - is causing (or helping to cause) the disruptions.

PERHAPS? Did that place look completely crystal, depopulated and most importantly, void of it's own gravitational force to you?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Game Informer scans, credit to Second_Chances at Gamefaqs
we get a higher res of the Light/Serah picture

0u8YD.jpg

TfDZB.jpg

0NQWV.jpg

Xn3hy.jpg

7r6gP.jpg

:hugemonster:

I gotta say, the dude (Atlas?) on the 3rd page top right looks fucking sick. Sort of a demented, demonic Frankenstein's Monster.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I read it on FFDream.com...

To be honest, if done correctly, I love having multiple endings. Hell, I'm one HUGE fan of Baldur's Gate, and Ar Tonelico series also have multiple endings (8 endings or so, the last of them?), so yeah. However, if they base their endings on Serah-Snow... you know, I'm just not amused.

To be honest I don't dislike Serah; it's just that I quite like Lightning, to be honest...

Thanks!

I only hope they don't put up a whole game just for that, but, who knows?
:monster:

Isn't that what happened with James Sawyer Rygdea in the first XIII? Came off looking a lot better there, though.

Except that Sawyer Rygdea had a generic body model, not one made specifically for him (And the same goes for Hope's dad).

So, Chie - maybe you are seeing Rosch of an alternate reality; or, perhaps that's not Rosch, because Rosch is not born - or old enough?

I was only fangirling speculating about alternate universes as soon as I read the word "paradox" :P

It's time travel al right. I didn't get to hear the researcher's voice quite well, but I'm sure it wasn't Jon Curry (I wish I was wrong, though :awesome: )

Maybe that blue-haired man is just one of Rosch's ancestors. If so, someone should instruct him to tell his children to stay the hell away from any grenade.

Last edited:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Videos without environment noise:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Can I just say that the prospect of being able to jump really excites me?

I mean...you have no idea how the ability to jump can make boring stretches of grinding so amusingly fun.

It's like how in KH I dodge-rolled EVERYWHERE I WENT.

:awesome:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Yaccy, Tenny. You guys have made me smile for reals. I thought I was such a loser making characters jump and dodge for no reason other than my own sick twisted pleasure.

DANCE MONKEYS! Wee!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@Force: Then I'll just buy a new controller. :monster:

Also being able to climb up onto places a person wouldn't normally climb is always fun. Like roof tops, or the peak of a mountain.

This discussion is making me miss playing WoW *runs off to find authenticator* (even though being able to fly everywhere now takes some of the fun out of it :( )

@Sami: Are you my game twin? *brofist*

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Mostly Alliance but I do have one Horde character.

Before the ability to fly in Azeroth I would spam the space bar and jump everywhere I went on my mount. It made grinding a bit more bearable. ;)

Jumping is something that I have always wished I could do in FF games. Now we can. So even if the game get's boring I can still entertain myself. :P

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
.....Damn you, Square. Goddamn you to hell. How the hell...are you interesting me in this now?

Tch, I'm way too gullible.

They must be doing something right with this game if even Doubting Thomas is getting excited.

It genuinely sounds like they've learned from their fuck-ups and that this could be great. While I imagine that I'm in the same camp as a lot of you and wish they'd devoted some time to finishing the Compilation of FFVII, maybe it's best that they're doing things in this order -- I'm going to look at XIII-2 as a test run for how a VII-2 could turn out.

Depends how easily amused one is I guess :)

Me = very. Jumping FTW!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
You say that as though he doesn't normally carry a fragile worldview. :monster:

Yes, though, there are few outcomes for this game that would please me more than seeing Mako sing its praises after the wails that broke the Internet with the first XIII.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Watching those vids, I gotta say the music does absolutely nothing for me. It's not very good rap, though at least it's fairly ambient and easy to zone out. Battle theme (rock) was decent though. I like that they kept XIII's victory theme.

Also happy that, with the exception of the wince-worthy grunts at the very start of the first vid when they come through the portal, the voice acting is more than servicable, though not nearly up to Sazh level.

The more I think about this crystal-monster summons during battle, the more pleased I am. Some of the most painful parts in XIII was when you had only 2 people (especially with no Commando /shootsself), so the monsters should help relieve that.

Mostly Alliance

NO TIPS FOR ALLIANCE SCUM

Before the ability to fly in Azeroth I would spam the space bar and jump everywhere I went on my mount. It made grinding a bit more bearable. ;)

Fuck yes, you could explore the most awesome places with enough time, patience, and jumping prowess. Back in the day me and a friend got into Mount Hyjal while it was still under development after four hours of very specific jumping. And it was FUCKING FUN.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I dunno, they could've put in the real victory theme the bastards. What is Hamauzu's problem with recurring themes, anyway? (Not that I know if Hamauzu is even doing this game, but the question still stands!)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The more I think about this crystal-monster summons during battle, the more pleased I am. Some of the most painful parts in XIII was when you had only 2 people (especially with no Commando /shootsself), so the monsters should help relieve that.

Anything is better than only being able to control the part leader therefore not being able to use anyone else's summons. :(

NO TIPS FOR ALLIANCE SCUM

DOWN WITH THE HORDE

Fuck yes, you could explore the most awesome places with enough time, patience, and jumping prowess. Back in the day me and a friend got into Mount Hyjal while it was still under development after four hours of very specific jumping. And it was FUCKING FUN.

Damn, I'm surprised you two didn't get perma banned for something like that. lol

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
I dunno, they could've put in the real victory theme the bastards.

Well, yes, this would have been preferable. :monster: But since they didn't use the classic on in XIII I'm glad they're at least continuing with XIII's.

What is Hamauzu's problem with recurring themes, anyway? (Not that I know if Hamauzu is even doing this game, but the question still stands!)

Chocobo theme was recurring. :monster: And several of XIIIs theme's (most noticeably, Lightning's Theme) recur in various tracks.

And other than the prelude, chocobo theme and victory fanfare, what else would he recur anyways?

Top Bottom