Final Fantasy XIII-2

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
OK, so I played the demo last night. Here's my impression:

I love the atmosphere of the Bresha Ruins, especially the rain drops on the screen, they were a nice touch. The background music is pretty catchy. I really like Mog, he's so cute! :awesome: (I actually thought it was a girl, cos it sounded like he had a young girl's voice, tbh).

The Mog Clock is a nice feature. It didn't take too long for me to get the hang of it. I also managed to capture at least five monsters. I varied between Cait Sith and the Zwerg Scandroid. I like the fact we're able to customize them. I had some trouble trying to heal at first, but apparently you have to use 'Wound Potions' that you get from Chocolina, then healing is more effective.

I spent a lot of time talking to NPCs, and did some of the sidequests. It's great that you're able to move and explore locations more freely than in the last game.

Atlas wasn't too much of a problem, tbh. I managed to weaken him using the device in the ruins, then took about five minutes to defeat him. If you've played XIII, then the battle system isn't really that much different in this game.

It took me about 2 hours to finish. I kind of wish it was longer, though. :monster:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Mog isn't a girl? I though it was voiced by that girl who played Marlene in ACC so was female.

Which chapter does the demo cover?

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
I thought Mog was a girl too, but one of the NPCs you talk to refers to him as a "cute little boy".

Takes place in Bresha Ruins, 5 AF.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Jut finished the demo myself. Voiceacting is very good, I actually like Noel and Alyssa well enough.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I have a question. I started the demo, but I didn't finish it. And I have a save file. But like... how do I get to the save file? Or would I have to start over?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
As I just played the demo through last night, I can say that it was pretty fun, in terms of fighting and then acquiring creatures to fight along with you.

It's also fun to dress them up, although all you really get (unless you get stuff from other creatures) is the
puffy orange cap

From one through ten, I would give the demo an eight (one being poor and ten being excellent, obviously.)

I liked the side missions, and that you could take on more than one mission (unlike the original XIII); also, I liked that there were more people and they pretty much all had something to say, to you, to others, or just to themselves.

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
I've already played the demo three times and I still can't seem to find the other drug thing the soldier needs me to find.

I'm a flop :sadpanda:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I've already played the demo three times and I still can't seem to find the other drug thing the soldier needs me to find.

I'm a flop :sadpanda:
I'll give these two hints: One is in the tunnels and they are both hidden.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
What gets me is this saying espoused in the game that if you change the future, the past will change. I just don't see the logic in that statement. Now, if you changed the past, that would affect the future, yes. The other way around? I don't see it.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Finally played the demo. That was a nice bit of fun. Still on the fence about whether or not I will get this at launch. If I wasn't so broke I would, but I've got bills to pay and I'm already behind on my game queue.

I don't hate Noel, though, so I suppose that's good news. He might actually be a decent character. Final judgement to be reached after I actually play the game, though.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
no because I only played liek ten minutes and it said it was automatic save

hey guys remember the good ol days when there WERE save points? I hate automatic save bullshit

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
I don't mind automatic saving but if the game has manual saving I will always use that instead. Sometimes I'm just not sure when the game is still saving or not...

Top Bottom