Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Someone different from Nomura is doing the character-designs..?

durrr

Someone is blind and "ill-informed" for seeing a very obvious resemblance? Nice logic.

You're blind because of your inability to recognize the man has a very different hairstyle, facial structure and costume, the only similarity is hair color. Fail harder kid.

You're ill informed for not knowing Nomura is not solely responsible for all of these characters.

haichinamie

Banned
I'm so fail, that my best attempt at wit is a gif of a Japanese guy doing a head bobble. Cause I'm a cool girl on the internets.

EDIT: EVERYTIME I GET UNBANNED I POST HERE BECAUSE I HAVE A MEANINGFUL AND INTERESTING LIFE ON THE INTERNET.

Last edited by a moderator:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

I usually hate saying things like this about characters, but Serah's costume looks too slutty schoolgirl for me.

Hurray for prerendered cutscenes btw. I thought we might not get them this gen but we certainly did.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
It's Serah, with an H. :monster:
And I do think there is a different pronunciation.

I pronounce it Jeel and Seh-rah.
Jeel I could see being spelled Jihl. But Serah instead of something like Sarah seems just odd to me because you really say it the same way. (Honestly, would you pronounce Sarah as 'Sah-rah' or 'Seh-rah'?)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's been said once in this thread, but I'll repeat the statement: Lightning should punch everyone. It could be FFXIII's running gag. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Jeel I could see being spelled Jihl. But Serah instead of something like Sarah seems just odd to me because you really say it the same way.

Ever thought about that maybe you *don't* say it the same way? :monster:

I say it like the sera in "que sera" :wacky:
Which is audibly different from "Sarah".

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Ever thought about that maybe you *don't* say it the same way? :monster:

I say it like the sera in "que sera" :wacky:
Which is audibly different from "Sarah".
I'm just noting that in Japan, everyone called me 'Sah-rah' which sounds really weird to my ears. That's why I started using the 'se' katakana in the beginning of my name, because it sounded closer to 'seh-rah' like how most people in Amurica said my name. :flipmonster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Her outfit is fucking awful.

OMG STFU HER OUTFIT IS FINE WHY SOMEBODY ALWAYS GOTTA HATE WHEN PEOPLE WEAR STUFF?!

That being said I do agree to an extent. Her shoes and lack of sleeves bother me. That top doesn't look that good sleeveless.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
She looks like a high school hooker to me.

Do not want imo.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
That Serah chick looks retarded. She's almost as bad as that little punk kid with the fruity name.

Is it that hard to design decent characters?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I love how this game turned into America's Next Top Model. FFS, it's a damn game not a fashion contest.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
They don't gotta be fashionable. But I wish that it didn't look like they were tryin' to look fashionable and failing miserably.

So, XD.

Top Bottom