Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SE-M0001

Another soundtrack, "W/F: Music from FINAL FANTASY XIII", a vinyl record with a selection of tracks from

Side A
- "Nautilus ~City of Amusement~"
- "Fang's Theme"
- "The Sunleth Waterscape"
- "Daddy's Going to Fight!"

Side B
- "Pulse de Chocobo"
- "Colorless World"
- "Flash"
- "Ragnarok - Sans Pipe Organ -" (version not included on the soundtrack)

But it's a limited edition and only available on Square's online shop, which will only ship to Japan.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Found something interesting.

The FFXIII Ultimanias are now out in Japan and people already started to scan them. But the most interesting bit are pics of the PS2 version of FFXIII.

You can check them out here.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I like the way some people are freaking out, as if a huge game on multiple discs is a bad thing and something to be criticised.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Do you guys want to see something really sad?
This is my FF13 swearbox, the swear costs are on the side, and there is currently about £5 in it. BAWWWWW. I actually have difficulty not talking about it irl. This is the geek in me.
DSC00058.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Do my eyes betray me or you have 100 pounds next to Yaag? O_o

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Tbf, you couldn't pay me £100 to have a conversation about Yaag.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
If I had to pay 100 € each time I write/talk about him, I'd have to rob a bank :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
the money in the swearbox will go to buying the game, amirite?

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
the money in the swearbox will go to buying the game, amirite?

no, it's going towards buying booze for the midnight launch.
my flatmates are all coming with me, even though they don't like ff (except one), so we're getting drunk etc.
it's nice to have accommodating friends. :3

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

This is the only thing that calms me down after the bank declined my card for a second time on my limited edition OST order, despite having enough money for it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Speaking of songs, it seems that the Leona Lewis song was chosen for the western releases of FFXIII due to issues translating the original Japanese tune:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/30/ffxiii-producer-explains-choice-of-leona-lewis-for-theme-song/

Not sure why they couldn't have stuck with the Japanese the way they did with "Suteki da ne" for FFX (a fantastic song), but I'm glad that they made the choice to go with Leona's piece. I like it much more than the original.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I'm sure I read something that said they/English branch of Square Enix didn't have the staff needed to make a song of their own so they used an existing one.

I can't remember where now, though :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Someone needs to fix FFXIII's girls a good meal. Being on the run apparently isn't very healthy.

Top Bottom