Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The only ones I can remember all blew cept for maybe 2. Can't say I've ever really found anything "amazing".

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
really hope this game is good....I have been really annoyed at recent FF games, the FF7 money grabbers and FFX-2, XII imho are killing the series I love. So here is to a great 13th (well you know what I mean) entry

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
really hope this game is good....I have been really annoyed at recent FF games, the FF7 money grabbers and FFX-2, XII imho are killing the series I love. So here is to a great 13th (well you know what I mean) entry

Just out of curiosity, what was your issue with XII? That's usually the one liked by people who are pissed off with X-2 and VII's Compilation.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
I personally didn't like XII that much, I felt I couldn't connect with the characters at all.
Also, no-one has commented on the English voices I posted a page back, I WANT OPINIONS.
Mainly because I LURRRRVE Vanille and Fang.
/lesbo

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Somehow I overlooked your post the first time. Thanks for posting that!

Yes, the voices are great. I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole game all over again, but with these awesome English voices. XD

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
OMG SE SHOULD HAVE SPENT MORE TIME AND EFFORT LERNING TO PHOTOSHOPP INSTEAD OF PROTING FFXIII 2 DA XBOX 3SHITTY!!!!!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The real shocker would be if he was asked and said, "Nah, man, I don't really give a shit about doing it."

Dude, we should totally redo the voiceover and do just that.

Don't like the voices, too pervfect and I dunno what else to call it. Not natural? Dunno.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
What does everyone think of SCREENSHOT-GATE?
Apart from it being the biggest thing they could fuck up pre-release wise, that is.
http://kotaku.com/5471186/square-enix-probing-altered-ffxiii-comparison-shots

What the fuck? How does something like that even happen?

TresDias said:
The real shocker would be if he was asked and said, "Nah, man, I don't really give a shit about doing it."
Dude, we should totally redo the voiceover and do just that.

Indeed. We just need a female forum member with a sexy voice, and from what I can tell, we're suffering no shortage of those.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
They were talking about Screenshot-gate in Gamestation when I placed my preorder (and wa smade to triple check that Bex was still on the list to receive an ultimate super saiyan collector's edition) today. Good times.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
It doesn't get bad until you realise she keeps asking me to do an Australian accent with her :(

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I am not particularly impressed by any of the voices(or really let down either) and I still hate Fangs accent.

I can't get past thinking of Vanille as an even more obnoxious Rikku/Yuffie type character.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Just out of curiosity, what was your issue with XII? That's usually the one liked by people who are pissed off with X-2 and VII's Compilation.

I think the story was awful. It was poorly devloped. I felt nothing for any of the characters. Random treasure was a gameplay killer. The battle system was lazy (gambits are basically the programmer making you do their job). Most of all though the poor character development and mediocre story. This is a review that sums it up for me, better than I can here with a few words: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/final-fantasy-xii-reader-review

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Well, I have just gone and read a few reviews and watched a few movies and the upshot is, this game is probably going to suck. A lot. I cannot believe what I am reading. Things such as : http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/12/final-fantasy-xiii-preview-2/ -- It seems that there is 1 linear path. No shops. 1 controllable character. A mediocre story. Silly plot devices. 100's of hours of video at the expense of gameplay (see MGS4). No side quests. No going back. I am sorry but if this is what FF has come to, I am bailing out. I will stick to FFX and below, and give Enix the kirb.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I'm sure they'll struggle on without you.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
My life is over now because someone thinks FFXIII is going to suck.

Don't care if it's an interactive movie. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wow! Not only is it cheap, it's the ENTIRE SOUNDTRACK. Usually the only copy widely available was a clipped up version with only like, twenty four songs, or some such. But this sounds like the entire thing.

Sunstrider

Lesbian Aerith
AKA
Tess, Leaute
Wow, if only I had money of any kind!

Any thoughts on Leona's song? I haven't listened to it yet and was wondering what you all think of it.

Top Bottom