• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Vanille's summon....WTF?

Vanille_summon.jpg

Is it supposed to be Asura or what?

FF13DarkHairedGeneral.jpg

This guy is shown speaking to Snow when he's in chains, and the soldiers with Snow salute him. He's later shown in a very nice room relaxing, another guy is yelling at him, and his tone of voice is calm in reply. Judging by his appearance, position of power and the fact we've never seen him before, ten bucks says this guy is the main villain.

FF13WhiteRobedMan.jpg

The Pope?

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Ooooh the way the song was used in that trailer made me like it a whole lot more than I did. I am so fickle.

Though... The very engrishy sounding "be myyyy frieeeend" line may change my mind again :\

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wait, she says, "Be my friend?" I never even noticed. It all sounds Japanese to me. XD

What I really want to know is,
Picture3-3.png

Is that Cid?

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Maybe I'm just imagining the engrish, but that's what it sounds like at around 1:40.

Also, now I really can't wait for this game. That first image of the party flying pretty much increased my excitement tenfold. I felt very... Final Fantasyish somehow.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh, no, I'm talking about the dude that I posted a pic of. lol I guess he's the one talking to Cid when he's sitting, then?

But hey, do you guys think this could mean we are getting a villain Cid? :awesome:

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
Villain or not, looks like they broke free of the stereotype engineer, post-middle age, semi-insane-by-science Cid. Although this kind of makes Cid...just another fan-service bishounen? Not to say I mind... :awesome:

Oh, and I always thought she was saying "Dear my friend"

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well FFXII had TWO Cids, one of which was a villain, the other was, basically, a "fan-service bishounen," as you put it. It wasn't bad. :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The guy you posted looks a little like Johnny Depp to me... which I'm totally cool with. Very cool with, in fact :awesome:

Between this guy, Vanille and Fang - this is one sexy as hell cast.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Vanille's summon....WTF?

Vanille_summon.jpg

Is it supposed to be Asura or what?

FF13DarkHairedGeneral.jpg

This guy is shown speaking to Snow when he's in chains, and the soldiers with Snow salute him. He's later shown in a very nice room relaxing, another guy is yelling at him, and his tone of voice is calm in reply. Judging by his appearance, position of power and the fact we've never seen him before, ten bucks says this guy is the main villain.

Maybe Vanille's summon is a new version of Titan? For what I saw he has two arms, the rest are cannons, or so I think.

Wow, sure that Cid is different from the rest of Cids! Not that we mind the fanservice :monster:

Lightning

AKA
CrimsonLight
Link to the youtubed version of the trailer:

Oh my. That's...great. :salute:

I reallly liked the scene where all of them used their summons while having fun. Odin transforms and transforms! :awesome: Also, is there anyone here who can understand what they're saying? Can someone translate the scene of Lightning and Snow in Pulse? Thanks. :)

Although I'd appreciate more if you could tell me the whole thing. 8D

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That is a pretty badass trailer. Looks like this will be like FFX in the prevalence of rendered scenes, I like how many of the summons seem to be involved in said scenes.

And you know, I think both Lightning and Sazh sound much better in English.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
That is a pretty badass trailer. Looks like this will be like FFX in the prevalence of rendered scenes, I like how many of the summons seem to be involved in said scenes.

And you know, I think both Lightning and Sazh sound much better in English.

I agree. I really like how summons seem to be playing a large role this time out, and I especially like how each character is linked to just one summon. Makes them seem more...personal. That, and Hope and Alexander and pretty goddamn awesome in the end.

The voice I'm most curious to hear now is Fang's. She's become one of, if not my favourite character from what we know so far, and I'm curious to hear her English voice.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You haven't heard Fang's English voice yet? lol She sounds Australian. :P

Last edited:
Top Bottom