Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
now things are being uploaded, favourite cutscene time:

I need to find the one of Barthandelus pretending to be Serah, too. Jihl is such a bitch.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
now things are being uploaded, favourite cutscene time: ...

God, that whole sequence is so great. Especially "Lot of things can be excused. Shooting kids ain't one."

I don't know if I can pick a favorite scene, though.

The ones involving Hope and Snow talking about Hope's mother are up there, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-SaWPB8_iY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZEm18sO9UY#t=8m25s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo4apl6CF0s

I love the moment when Hope defends Snow. I actually teared up a little when he said, "Always the hero. You want to die? You can't! I won't let you!"

Lightning hugging Hope after that battle was a great moment too. :')

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Yeah, that was immense.
Bahamut battle was sweet too :

Skip to 3:50
Also just realised how well 'My Hands' fits the ending.

AND trying to find 'Worst birthday ever' cut scene, that was amazing.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Thanks for the videos, you two! :)

Btw, here's something interesting from Finalfantasy-XIII.net :

Several of us who have played both the Japanese and International releases of Final Fantasy XIII have noticed some rather irritating changes made to how the game plays. Although the differences are minor, they still have us wondering - Why?

Vibration
Many people have claimed that there is no vibration in the English PS3 version of FFXIII. This is untrue. However, how powerful the vibration is has been changed dramatically. You seldom feel it during gameplay and when you do, it's so weak it's barely worth having. This is the first game I've played where the vibration is at such a low frequency I can actually hear the motor inside my controller struggling.

Save Points
An extremely minor problem but I assume some of you have come across it. In the Japanese release, when you exit the save menu, you could hold down the analogue stick while the screen quickly switched back to gameplay and you'd immediately start running. Now if you do that you'll stay motionless. You have to release the analogue stick and then try again.

Shroud Menu
Known as the Smoke Menu in the Japanese release, you could run around with it open and use it at the most opportune moment. Now when you press L1 to open the shroud menu you can't move. This means you have to make sure you're the perfect distance from your target to use an aerosol or the time limit will run out and you'll end up wasting it. This gets especially annoying later in the game. Several times I've had to get so close to an enemy that I've alerted them and not had enough time to fumble through the menu.

You could say we're making a big deal about nothing but the main reason I'm posting this is because I just don't see the reason for making changes that make the experience slightly less enjoyable. We'll give you our final thoughts on the game over the following days.

On the other hand, I've read in two other forums that there are a few hunts where you'll fight the so called six Fal'cie Death Generals.

Does anyone knows anything about this?

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
On the other hand, I've read in two other forums that there are a few hunts where you'll fight the so called six Fal'cie Death Generals.

Does anyone knows anything about this?

If you know what the fal'Cie generals are called, I can look it up in my CE guide for you? I think it might just mean defeat the undying marks, I don't see anything about defeating fal'Cie.

Last edited:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
If you know what the fal'Cie generals are called, I can look it up in my CE guide for you?

Sadly, no! :(

The only thing i know about them is that, apparently, beating them unlocks some info about the setting and the origin of the fal'Cie.

I think it might just mean defeat the undying marks, I don't see anything about defeating fal'Cie.

Maybe. The info about them is extremely vague.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Well, I think beating some of the marks unlocks analects, which are like mythology behind the fal'Cie

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
All these videos make me want to play the game again now/mooch someone's English copy D:

Though did they changed the pronunciation of Vanille's whole name? (from 'dye-ah' to 'dee-ah')

English and/or Japanese videos for the 'Serah' scene in Oerba would be awesome (up to the boss fight with with Galenth's 「宴を共に楽しむか? それとも始まりの地で全てを終えるか!」 line).

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Not Oh-er-ba? DAMN.

Also. Serah's dead, jim. I nearly threw my cousin's controller in a fit of rage because we can't save the princess as planned.

Clocking up, I'm still in disc 1....somewhere after encountering Fang and snow getting Shiva.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I still can't stand Vanille's voice.

I don't what it is, but there's something about the way they blended the animation and the voice acting that seems really unnatural to me too. I noticed this in the Japanese version too though, I don't know what it is.

Last edited:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
English and/or Japanese videos for the 'Serah' scene in Oerba would be awesome (up to the boss fight with with Galenth's 「宴を共に楽しむか? それとも始まりの地で全てを終えるか!」 line).

This is my favourite line in the whole game, the voice acting is amazing, and has you going like OH SHIT.
It's something like, 'Or will you enjoy the festivities beside me, in the land where it all began?'. At least from what I remember, as I had to do that boss a fair number of times. Fucking awesome. Plus the bit where 'Serah' says 'You can't do that, you love me too much. You do. don't you Claire?'
So when I find a video of it, it will be uploaded.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
All right, Bex, or someone who beat it, how the hell do you beat Proudclad? The second time of course, when he's a CHEAP BASTARD. I love the FF7 reference and all, but he just keeps healing himself, and then just overwhelms me eventually anyway. I've leveled a bit but to know avail. I've been using Lightning, Fang, and Hope to do lots of physical damage.

And how many times does Yaag have to die anyway?! :rage:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
There's always hope.

hopestare-1.png

Hope and Snow talking about Hope's mother are up there

This is my favorite part, for sure. I was like yeah, you go Hope! Stab the shit out of him! I mean--- I was crying so much. T_T Especially when he has that flash-back and you hear him go "Mommy". :'(

Though, I also cried at the part with Vanille and Sazh, too. My eyes welled up when his kid got turned to crystal, but the whole scene with him and Vanille had me going on like a little baby. T^T

Serah's dead, jim. I nearly threw my cousin's controller in a fit of rage because we can't save the princess as planned.

I KNOW, RIGHT? WAAAAH.

I still can't stand Vanille's voice.

Same. She's as cute as a button, but that voice... nails on a chalkboard. I started to get used to it towards the end, though. A little.

And how many times does Yaag have to die anyway?

Reminds me of Seymour. XD

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
So the English name is "Proudclad"? Not "Proud Clod"? I know it's obviously a FF7 reference, but I wanna know the specific name fer teh Wiki. :p

Top Bottom