Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
I don't like to burst anyone's steamy love dream bubble but am I the only one who didn't miss this line?

Their families were killed by Cocoon's l'Cies and fal'Cies. After that they lived in the Oerba orphanage-like place and thought of each other as a family.

So I'm thinking no lesbians. :awesome:

Vendel

Banned
I can already see we interpret family slightly differently. :monster:

In pulse when two unrelated people consider each other family it clearly means carnal relations.........don't ruin this for me.

All that aside. This is the same line of thinking that says Cloud thinks of Tifa as his mother or sister or some such bullshit.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

Well, they say it *is* best....

Seriously, there's no blood ties. That they consider each other family should itself be a good indicator of *platonic* love, and that's only a small hop from romantic love.

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
Well, they say it *is* best....

Keep *it* in the family. As they say.

Seriously, there's no blood ties. That they consider each other family should itself be a good indicator of *platonic* love, and that's only a small hop from romantic love.

If they haven't the only thing keeping these two out of each others pants is the whole "getting turned into crystal multiple times" thing.

Last edited:

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
All that aside. This is the same line of thinking that says Cloud thinks of Tifa as his mother or sister or some such bullshit.

Well, seriously speaking, if Square were to care enough to put in the novel they thought of each other as family, I feel like they're sending a message.

...Unless Fang and Vanille were to think of each other as "koibito" while in an orphanage, if we're to compare them with Cloud and Tifa.

But I think I will wait for something official to come out, maybe in the Ultimania in January.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter

Have you seen the ending yet?

It's like all of the other romantic FF endings all mushed together, only with two girls and really sexy graphics.

If they haven't the only thing keeping these two out of each others pants is the whole "getting turned into crystal multiple times" thing.
I would think that would make it MORE likely they've been in each others' pants. It's not like they'll ever have the chance to be with anyone else.

Plus they're more than a little in love :awesome:

Well, seriously speaking, if Square were to care enough to put in the novel they thought of each other as family, I feel like they're sending a message.
In the case of relationships, referring to each other as family does NOT rule out fucking.

...is this what debating with Cleriths is like? I feel like I'm in a time paradox.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
In the case of relationships, referring to each other as family does NOT rule out fucking.
:awesome:

Cloud and Tifa are referred to as a family, amirite? :D

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
Like Vines said:
...is this what debating with Cleriths is like? I feel like I'm in a time paradox.
EVEN I ALREADY MADE THIS JOKE, Q.

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer

haha well I'm in no way ever going to write 981 pages on whether a relationship exists/can exist/never existed or whatnot, but I'm kind of obsessed with canonical-ty (sp?) and sometimes I feel a lot of relationships sprout from fans that may/may not be true but end up being true just because everyone believes it is.

That being aside, this is why I'm going to wait for the Ultimania to come out. Or whenever I can get my hands on this novel to confirm for myself.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I don't like to burst anyone's steamy love dream bubble but am I the only one who didn't miss this line?

Their families were killed by Cocoon's l'Cies and fal'Cies. After that they lived in the Oerba orphanage-like place and thought of each other as a family.

While I agree with Que, Like Vines and Vendel that thinking of one another as family doesn't preclude romantic relations, I just want to point out that we don't know how long ago that comment applies or how long they'd known each other at that time.

If it was, say, several years before they became crystals the first time, it may well be that the "thought of each other as a family" comment applies early into when they knew each other. In which case, it wouldn't be all that reliable for concluding that they don't think of each other in a specific kind of family way in the present.

Ya feel?

So, let's just wait and see.

Vendel

Banned
So not having played the game. Is it safe to say that despite all the hype pre release about lightning and afro guy and ...coat guy. That the real main characters. The ones who the plot seems to revolve around and who end up being the big damn heroes are Fang and Vanille?

Also... to quote myself because it got lost in the "lez or family" shuffle
Vendel said:
Wow you gotta love that. If you get chosen your reward is either become a monster if you fail, die trying or become a crystal. And if you are lucky you get brought back to repeat the process.

Talk about being fates bitch eh?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I feel sorry for Vanille, fate's bitch *and* Fang's bitch....or do you think Vanille is the dominant one? I'm inclined to say Fang for obvious reasons, but Vanille looks like she has a kinky side. Gotta be careful about those types.

EDIT - FF Versus 13 gag I just read. Apparently, "Nomura is Sony Computer Entertainment Cultic".

I've heard from a few people that Tetsuya Nomura is a PlayStation fanboy, which is why Final Fantasy Versus XIII isn't coming out on Xbox 360 and why Kingdom Hearts 3 is totally going to be released on the PlayStation 3.

Some 2channelers have found solid, irrefutable proof of Nomura's love of Sony.

That's Noctis Lucis Caelum, main character of Versus XIII. Why did Nomura go with such a peculiar-sounding name instead of something more fitting like Frank, Chuck or Todd?

Well, it seems that if you reorder the words in the character's name, you get:

"NOMULA IS SCE CULTIC."

Nomula is Japanese for Nomura. SCE is, of course, short for Sony Computer Entertainment.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So not having played the game. Is it safe to say that despite all the hype pre release about lightning and afro guy and ...coat guy. That the real main characters. The ones who the plot seems to revolve around and who end up being the big damn heroes are Fang and Vanille?

Yes.

Vanille even narrates the story.

Vendel said:
Also... to quote myself because it got lost in the "lez or family" shuffle
Vendel said:
Wow you gotta love that. If you get chosen your reward is either become a monster if you fail, die trying or become a crystal. And if you are lucky you get brought back to repeat the process.

Being an l'Cie would suck.

Vendel

Banned
Being an l'Cie would suck.

To put it mildly.

For me it seems like failure is the only option. Would the rest of the party be the exception? Do others get lifted from all that jazz? Because if you get glassed. And then 600 (or however many) years later are brought back and put through it all again. Eventually you are going to fail or die.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA

Yeah, seriously. People keep talking about how I HOPE FANG AND VANILLE COME BACK, but goddamn wouldn't that just suck all over again? I mean at this point maybe dying (or being a Crystal forever) would be a little bit less stressful. I mean, who the hell knows what fate is going to "ask of you" next. Kind of a miserable existence, if you ask me.

And yeah, the others L'Cie marks are lifted at the end of the game. So... it's just Fang and Vanille. And yes, the whole story ends up revolving around them two, especially the final boss fight.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
As I saw in one trailer, the fal'cie give humans a Focus out of this sense that humans need purpose and direction in their lives, and the fal'cie gives them that. So maybe with a few less fal'cie to tell them how to live their lives, Fang and Vanille could live their own lives if brought back.

I called SnowxHope out as a fanfic pairing, let's go a step further, I'll call out the following plot as being popular.

Fang and/or Vanille are revived, and unable to deal with the world as it exists in this post-Cocoon world, they're drawn to other people. Another fal'cie turns up to give their loved one a Focus, and this just pushes them closer together as their loved one experiences the burden that Fang/Vanille knows all too well.

Or just go straight (pun intended) for the Fang AND Vanille revival and skip to the lemon. I prefer this one myself. Or, have *one* of them revived, and figure out how to revive the other one, *then* the lemon.

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
As I saw in one trailer, the fal'cie give humans a Focus out of this sense that humans need purpose and direction in their lives, and the fal'cie gives them that. So maybe with a few less fal'cie to tell them how to live their lives, Fang and Vanille could live their own lives if brought back.

Yeah but unless I'm wrong the only way they're EVER gonna wake up from that crystallized state is if the Fal'cie do it. And if the Fal'cie do it, they're gonna give them a Focus too. It's a lose lose situation. They don't really have the option of NORMAL LIFE.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Yeah but unless I'm wrong the only way they're EVER gonna wake up from that crystallized state is if the Fal'cie do it. And if the Fal'cie do it, they're gonna give them a Focus too. It's a lose lose situation. They don't really have the option of NORMAL LIFE.

Unless of course there's a *nice* fal'cie out there?

Vendel

Banned
Unless of course there's a *nice* fal'cie out there?

The Fal'cie don't like lesbians.

kanye_west1_300_400.jpg

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
For good times. Have a delicious
Eclair

this commercial is sponsored by BattleToads Inc., Tacngol Enterprises, Stark Industries, Nomura Enterprises and Farron Future Devices. Enjoy the moments.

Eclairs.jpg

Éclairs are delicious, but you should be careful not to order them inside Lightning's hearing range (Thanks for the inspiration, by the way :awesome:)

Eclair_by_Glaurung_II.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom