Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Considering the sound quality of the early FF games in comparison to later ones, I'm not that surprised. I usually listen to the arrangements of FFVII and FFVIII' OSTs as those are way easier on my ears.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Truth be said, I was never all that worried that grass wouldn't look like grass or fog not work the same as it ever did.

It's never the real-world stuff or eye candy that concerns me, it's usually the Fantasy part.

I guess if I had any doubts at all, my biggest concern would be that it's a combat-oriented game.

By that I mean I want to experience a journey and not just hack and slash through it. I want to yack with NPCs, do minigames, collect stuff, sit and listen to the radio in the car while stargazing.

Anyone who's played traditional JRPGs knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Conflict shouldn't define the experience, nor should Chocobos or Moogles, or anything that we've seen so far from an FF outside the story itself.

I want Dragons to ride/fight, I want armor (or at least combat clothes), I want to actually look at the weaponry I'm using up close, I want a knight's cape (or a scarf), I want to read old fables about the world I'm travelling in, I want mysteries and puzzles to solve. I want to pay my respects to the graves of older heroes like Erdrick or Link.

FF1 did a lot of this. Can FFXV do it too?

I sure hope so.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Ring magic is showcased for the first time to a live audience at TwitchCon.

Ring magic is exclusive to Noctis, as he wears the Ring of the Lucii passed down to him from his father. In the later part of the game, the ring grants him the ability to use Death magic – weakening, shriveling and even outright destroying the bodies of enemies.

Twitch Con 2016 gameplay

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Ring magic is showcased for the first time to a live audience at TwitchCon.

Ring magic is exclusive to Noctis, as he wears the Ring of the Lucii passed down to him from his father. In the later part of the game, the ring grants him the ability to use Death magic – weakening, shriveling and even outright destroying the bodies of enemies.

Holy shit. That's freakin terrifying and awesome.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^My thoughts exactly. It even looks terrible :closedmonster:

Also, shit it's dark at night. Fighting at night will be terrifying :wacky:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Like a trash compactor by the looks of it.

Though if you saw Kingsglaive, you'd know the Lucii ring's 'other' importance. ;3

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
ayhmxi.gif

Lex

Administrator
First 45 minutes of the game (final build).

Everything looks SO MUCH BETTER than previous.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The correct words should be "lastest build", the "final" build would the patch update they would release in the future (either day 1 or later). The build in the video is likely "final" only for the content that will be on the massive disc printing and shipping at lunch.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
It's killing me that I don't have the complete OST in my i-Pod yet.

And that's not the only game OST I want, either!

Top Bottom