Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, in a lot of regards, when it comes to action games, you have so many elements to consider.

I think, to date, there are maybe SIX action games that have ever (and I mean EVER) appealed to me personally.

Metal Gear Rising
Gundam Breaker
Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner
Chaos Legion
Batman: Arkham City / Origins
Berserk: Dark Hawk of the Milenium Chapter

Part of it has to do with how each game presents it's mechanics in a stylistic way.

Sure, you have combos, sure you have means to maneuver, but that's not all you can do (which is the whole point). Some of the more recent action games (like Metal Gear Rising and Arkham Origins) need a little work, but generally speaking they definitely have a lot of potential to be even greater.

Something I wish I could say of Final Fantasy, even the more action-oriented games like Parasite Eve or Vagrant Story had better construction than more recent stuff I've seen.

So far the apex of it (development-wise) appears to be Dissidia Duodecim (but even then, some people have complaints of how that game plays).

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
Dungeon crawlers are more my thing, where you're able to sneak or use magic or use weapons, fight and avoid traps. Dark Souls was a little lacking in the stealth and platforming side of things but it's close enough reference.

It'd be cool to see how your project develops and compare with mine when we're both far enough.

I do wish FFXV had more than fighting but so far it looks like that'll be a good deal of all it's system is used for. Eh, I'm ok with it, but it's a little strange because KH1 had other things to do ... KH2 was all fighting and corridors.

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I'll never get used to calling it that.

Obviously my joke was lost. I was trying to point out in a supposedly witty way how we will never really see FFvXIII and how technically, what we see now can very well be conceived AFTER the name change (which we know will change part of how the game was originally conceived).

Sorry if I seemed rude or anything! :)

Lex

Administrator
Don't forget, they settled on a system too!

...should we make them a medal or something? XD

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I reeeeeeeeally have a hunch that since the title of the game has "15" in it, it will be released in 2015. Just a hunch, now...

Lex

Administrator
I still think it's possible that this game is a figment of Nomura's imagination and they just plugged a dream reading device into his head and recorded the moving pictures. I will not believe this game exists until it's in my PS4.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
If they don't get it out by May 2016, it's going to be an utter humiliation for them. They have two years, three months to prevent taking 10 years since this thing's announcement.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Remember that PlayStation event when people from SE entered the stage only to say they didn't have anything to show?
Apparently they just did it again during the Japanese PS4 launch event.

squarepleasebeexcited_zps034a0f42.jpg

Lex

Administrator
I'll never forget watching that on livestream, it was too funny.

we uh habu many thing to show e3 dis yeea

PUREES BE EXCITEH

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So at E3 this year Squeenix is going to announced that FFXV is now back to Versus and will feature a crossover between FF and Bioware characters which will be release 20 years from now.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
^^I LOVE IT.

Alright I just want to drop my opinion in here about the DREADED ALL MALE CAST

Stella looks amazing even if she is going to end up being an NPC (???) and so does the female antagonist so I'm not sure what everyone's problem is. Did everyone forget that FFX2 featured an all female cast? Prejudgments are acceptable and understandable but idk why everyone's making a big deal that there's what appears to be an all male cast as far as playable characters go. It's just not that big of a deal to me ORZ.

I personally think the game looks stunning and I'm excited about where they're going to be taking this. It's going to be very different but I think different can also be GOOD. I already love the bits of the story that we do know. Who really CARES if it features a male or female? FFXIII was all about that female power. Why can't they mix it up? FF games have always been good about that. At least in my opinion.

Also I read through this entire thread and I came across something about the outfits. And all I have to say is WHY DO NOCTIS AND PROMPTO LOOK LIKE THEY JUST SPENT ALL THEIR GIL AT HOT TOPIC.

And I like re-design of Stella but I really prefer how she looked before. She looked really powerful and mature and threatening then, it seems they went for a more innocent look with the new design which is fine but EHHH I really preferred her the way she was.

Also can I add that the Final Fantasy XV characters do not look alike. They all have very unique designs some of which we haven't seen anything like in the series thus far. The problem is that their clothes are all very similar if not the same, but the characters themselves are very different and actually pretty awesome.

THANK YOU. Their faces are all actually very different in my opinion, for instance Noctis and Prompto have kind of the same body types but their facial features are SO UNLIKE eachother's. I like how they took the time to give Prompto freckles bless them. And idk why everyone's saying "omg it's just typical teenage pretty boy protagonists" when we've seen that the other characters are older and more mature/rugged looking? It's like people saw Noct and were like "nope i quit this game is dumb" which is kind of silly to me but you know W/E I think he's going to be a great character. It was already explained that they were going to try and make his personality really unique and I'm really excited about it.

On the subject of Noct being too over powered like wow, you know what a lot of people complained that Lightning looked too OP and lots of people ended up LOVING HER CHARACTER. PLEASE DON'T HATE A CHARACTER JUST BECAUSE THEY LOOK OP. it doesn't mean they won't have a damn good story to back them up. I also think it's kinda silly that in this thread I read the fact that he's a PRINCE makes him somehow a BAD character?! Sorry I just need a moment to shake my head and let out a long drawn out sigh because holy dang so many other characters in other FFs were royalty and it in NO WAY made them awful.

Sorry I get really defensive about this because i'm just REALLY HYPED and I feel almost no one shares my hyped attitude ;c

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think we were all hyped once upon a time, but after eight years without even a playable demo? I don't know how you do it.

To me, XVersus is a source of sardonic humor. It's hard to picture it as anything else.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
The fact I want to enjoy it does not negate the excessively long wait nor the problems I may see in what we've been shown so far.

That said, I like what I am seeing up to this point and I want to wait until I play it to see how much of the promises it bears becomes a reality.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm still hyped to play Lightning Returns, I haven't even played that yet!

I'll probably feel the same way when FFXV is out, even if exasperatingly disappointed by the wait.

Then again, I had other motivations for getting a PS3. It's going to take a lot to convince me to get a PS4.

If it gets delayed again, I'll probably try to make MY game come out before then. Heh.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
New FFXV Details Have Been Revealed On PlayStation Japan's Website

This Final Fantasy will also have five main characters: Noctis, Gladiolus, Ignis, Promopto, and Cor. Noctis is an heir to the throne of the kingdom of Rushisu who hates the formal life and instead wants to protect those he cares about. This heir, however, is quite clumsy but to help him on this adventure is Gladiolus, a royal protector whose family has been protecting Noctis and his predecessors for generations. Due to this kinship between families, Noctis and Gladiolus have known each other since childhood so they are good friends.Another character by the name of Ignis is also a childhood friend but he is also his counselor.

Not all of the party members are friends of Noctis however. Promopto is a womanizer and rival of Noctis during his school years with no royal line. In addition, Cor is a loyal and tough warrior who is appointed the kingdom’s Guard Captain (perhaps Cor could be similar to Final Fantasy IX’s Steiner but perhaps a little less comedic). From the description of this character on the PlayStation website, he seems less than enthusiastic to join Noctis on this quest as Square states that this is his “unlucky year.”
FFXV PS4 and Xbox One details tipped

Descriptions of the game say that Final Fantasy 15 has been created as an action game. Players will be able to transition from the field to battles quickly. Gamers will also be able to fight as the hero Noctis and to change to other characters for combat. Combination attacks will be possible in cooperation with a companion.

As for Noctis, he will be able to use different weapons and will be able to attack with "stylish action" according to descriptions. The ability to fight monsters with a companion will be a key aspect of this game. The game's Xbox One site offers details as well stating that the player will be able to move freely across the entire screen.

That site also says that the party battle system has been advanced allowing gamers to use party battle by switching characters strategically. The main character of the game, Noctis, is the royal heir of Lucis and he and his friends become involved in the war according to descriptions of the game storyline.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
None of that actually sounds new to me. :wacky:

Also, did they really translate Lucis as "Rushisu"? I mean, we've only know the Lucis name for 7 or 8 years but okay.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
List of PS4 Games motivating me to get a PS4:

Batman: Arkham Knight
(anything great by ARC System Works)
Final Fantasy XV

(Still needs more motivation).

Top Bottom