Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Oh Squeenix I just knew your exciting showing at E3 last year was just a fluke.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

MonsoonFuckEverythin_zpse1e0b2e2.gif

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'm really hoping that they will actually have a big surprise announcement to make up for this. Seems a bit daft not to even feature a new FFXV trailer at the biggest Expo in the industry unless they've got something else they really want to hype up.

Then again, this is Square.

Schtill, I won't decry them until we know they've actually just decided not to show anything exciting at all. I'll just be keeping me angry ranty typin' fingers poised :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
But that one was kind of expected. With KH3, Nomura pretty much said that in his opinion that reveal came too early and they haven't done a lot yet.

Serah Farron

Donator
I expect something like a surprise like we were last E3. Lol so I'm not all that worried tbh.

I mean yeah, I get why some would be upset but... we didn't expect anything last year and we got a new title and trailer so...... Yeah. Can't know for sure till we see. :monster:

Then again I don't care about XV that much I want FFXII HD and Type-0.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Given how long it's been in development, I'm expecting more delays, if anything.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Hey, they're well over halfway to beating the world record held by "Duke Nukem Forever" for Longest Announcement-to-Release (14 years). Why ruin a good thing now?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The reveal of KH3 last year wasn't exactly unexpected especially once the images from thr KH3 logo and FFXV from E3 were leaked.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
No you see the link and the demo need a code to be accessed, said code comes with your copy of The Last Guardian.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Not to countermand the snark...but really, this game's only been in development for 3 years, right? Didn't Nomura basically say the team got pulled away for other projects and it wasn't being worked on in like 2011 or something? And then they pretty much restarted everything to put it on the new console.

Yes, announcing it when they did, and when they had no immediate plans to work on it was pretty stupid (hellooo KH3), but it's not like they've been slaving away at a demo for 9 years.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Of course not. If they had, they would (hopefully) be done. =P

We are still talking about a game whose development began in at least early 2006, though. And by "development," I mean character designs, concept footage, promises about gameplay, logo artwork, etc. It has been a real "in-development" title for almost nine years. It has even had a declared system of release before, and missed that entire console generation.

That the developers have not been consistently laboring to finish what they started makes the snide commentary all the more warranted rather than a defense against it. If you ask me anyway.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I'm wondering if they silenced the poor gameinformer guy in the parking lot before they pulled my link.

SQUARE ENIX *NOT* COVER-UP, DO NOT BE ALARMED, NO GAME IS BEING PRODUCED THAT IS READY FOR DEMO, THAT WOULD MEAN THIS GAME IS READY TO SHIP NEXT YEAR, WHICH WOULD COINCIDENTALLY BE THE SAME NUMBER AS THE GAME

Square's stealth marketing is getting as subtle as Capcom's. Good show.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
HAVE A TRAILER, MOTHERFUCKAS

Haha that assault on the fourth wall at the end
Good to hear Yoko Shimomura going apeshit in the background :wacky:

Top Bottom