Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Has it been stated just how many hours of gameplay we're expected to get out of Gladio's episode?
This is the only thing we know:

Haruyoshi Sawatari (FFXV DLC´s producer):http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...-xv-dlc-detailed-online-co-op-mode-announced/

The way we look at creating the content and how much to create isn’t really about the length of time or creating so many hours of gameplay because of that wide user-base.
We really look at it from the perspective of making sure that we’ve got something that’s satisfying and an enjoyable experience for anyone who plays the game.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Before I post my latest batch of fun stuff, quick question: Does anyone remember one of the random travel conversations where Prompto asks Noctis what it's like to use the Armiger, and Noctis says it makes him tired?

I'd swear I didn't imagine it, but I can't seem to find it again either. I'm sure I saw it at some point, though.

No idea what part of the game it was, except somewhere between Chapter 2 and Chapter 9. :awesomonster:

Anyway --

—Harry Lucis Caelum

—Neat Noctis fanart

—Noctis sliding across big pipes. Get your minds out of the gutter, pervs

—

—
Tenebrae has finally been thoroughly explored. Not quite to the extent we would all like (i.e. with Noctis in King of Light mode), but this may be the best we can get

—

—Prompto blasts a Catoblepas in the face at point blank

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I don't remember a conversation about the armiger. I remember one where Prompto asks Noct what it's like to be able to warp around. I think Noctis' reply is something like "Honestly, it's pretty awesome."

Unless that's a massively different line in Japanese.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It may have been that. :monster:

I definitely remember Noct saying something about something making him tired, though, because I thought to myself "This is why he needs to sleep so much."

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
It may have been that. :monster:

I definitely remember Noct saying something about something making him tired, though, because I thought to myself "This is why he needs to sleep so much."

There was a line in Brotherhood about the power of the crystal and keeping the wall up makes King Regis very weak. Could you possibly be mixing that in your brain somewhere?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My analysis of Perona77's quite remarkable Pitioss theory is finally done. Assume spoilers for the entire game and all its associated lore are possible.

(stuff)

Thanks so much for writing this. I think you address all the errors and logic jumps that exist in the current theory.

There's something really cool going on with Pitioss Ruins, and while I am thankful to perona77 for exposing me to the dungeon, I also hope that their flawed and convoluted write-up doesn't become the 'default' or accepted interpretation. I'm almost impressed with their ability to connect absolutely random sources. "So you pick up this prawn antenna, which is symbolic of a water-themed boss from FFV, and that's why this room represents a river." It just gets a bit silly at times. This theory would benefit greatly from just sticking to the outline of events and not trying to connect it with every other FF out there. That said, I want to iterate that they're certainly on to something and they've opened my mind to things I didn't pay attention to before, like item placements.

It's so exciting for me too see such great implementation of storytelling through level design in a game. No text, no battles, no bros. Just visual and interactive storytelling. I'm just impressed with SE's ability to surprise me right now. It seems that I (and a lot of people really) don't give them enough credit. Before Pitioss Ruins, I didn't believe that SE understood the subtleties behind telling a story through mechanics and exploration, such as in games like The Last Gaurdian or Hyper Light Drifter. However, now I know they understand a lot more than I do, and I couldn't be more satisfied by it.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I know the conversation you're on about Tres. I just finished Keycatrich Trench yesterday and that one occurred just as I exited the dungeon. Noctis does indeed say it makes him tired and Gladio responds something along the lines that Noct should go to sleep at a decent time. Funny because I haven't even used the Armiger weapons yet :monster:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I am ridiculously excited about all of this. I've been having an absolute blast just messing around, exploring and grinding XP just for fun. I still have to make my way around to all the event campsites, as I haven't done that yet. I think that there're still a few sidequests that I can hunt down, and I've got TONS of hunts left to do for the first time after clearing out Costlemark EX.

I love that the game is gonna be evolving over time, and the tiniest of hints about the intention for their multiplayer goal in the future is just endlessly interesting. Glad to be back playing this all the time again.

X :neo:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I know the conversation you're on about Tres. I just finished Keycatrich Trench yesterday and that one occurred just as I exited the dungeon. Noctis does indeed say it makes him tired and Gladio responds something along the lines that Noct should go to sleep at a decent time. Funny because I haven't even used the Armiger weapons yet :monster:

I'm gonna second this because this conversation sounds very familiar. So, I'm pretty positive it's in the game.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
There's something really cool going on with Pitioss Ruins, and while I am thankful to perona77 for exposing me to the dungeon, I also hope that their flawed and convoluted write-up doesn't become the 'default' or accepted interpretation.
I saw someone throw out the name 'Eos' as if there is a character called that the other day (Not referring to the World), so I'm worried that particular idea might spread.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I saw someone throw out the name 'Eos' as if there is a character called that the other day (Not referring to the World), so I'm worried that particular idea might spread.

You and me both.

It's a great theory, don't get me wrong--but just because it's something that folks have put a lot of thought and research into (and because it's making the rounds on gaming websites) doesn't mean it's canon.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Beat Costlemark EX. I didn't have TOO much trouble with it — with one exception. There's a room with four level 90 Iron Giants. They managed to totally wipe me out 3-4 times with their obnoxious ass gravity attack just pulling me around helplessly.

Also, I went ta do the Leige of the Lake quest after and ended up needing to restart it, but when I loaded my save, Prompto only had 10 pictures to choose from at camp rather than 15, so I lost all my cool Hazmat suit end Costlemark boss pics. :/

So, satisfying but also kinda frustrating.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Here's another couple exploration videos of
Tenebrae, one with lots of good looks at Fenestala Manor through the camera, the other with a look at an eerie almost completely abandoned train station.

Also, the same YouTuber who discovered how to access Tenebrae like this also discovered that some game assets -- including Leviathan! -- are hidden in a sort of empty warehouse beneath Tenebrae.

That was the clue I needed. Found it at 48:20 in this video:

Prompto: "Doesn't the power of kings wear you out?"
Noctis: "Kinda. I feel groggy when I wake up in the morning."
Gladio: "You could try going to bed at a decent hour."

Thanks! :monster:

I enjoyed this video. Not least of all because it included a screenshot of some of my Ultimania translations here at TLS, and because I got a special thanks at the end. :monster:
----

In other lore-related news, there's now an effort underway at Reddit to compile all the radio broadcasts, much like my effort to compile all the loading screen info. I plan to contribute to this other endeavor as much as I am able without being able to play the game myself.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney

That's actually much more convincing. I was at 50% on Pitioss Revelations but I'm like 75% on this one.

Still, while both interpretations are good stories and have their own thought put into it, nothing is canon until it is canon. Still I love stuff like this for the same reason I love fanfiction. Interpretation.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
People are extracting models from the game. Leftover Versus Noctis has been found:

C5ZatqWVAAEwRZa.jpg

Also, I'm hearing the opening FMV music has been changed in the recent update?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Yes, I just watched it. The music has indeed been changed. Sounds like the FF Prelude theme. And it doesn't start until Regis says the line 'Take heed' instead of beginning when Noctis walks out of the Citadel.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Perona77 have posted their follow-up to the Pitioss theory ... and, well, it's a thing. An enormous, grotesque thing likely to serve as many a fandom's quintessential reference for years to come when offering an example of reading too much into things.

Go here.

Over and above reading too much into things, before you even get through part 1 (of 8!) gigantic posts of this nonsense casserole, you encounter notions based on a) straight-up false claims at the FF Wiki; b) the English (rather than Japanese version's) drastically altered localization of at least one character's name; c) applying everything in Amano artwork created for Versus XIII to the published FFXV; and d) outright contradictions of Ultimania details and even in-game lore.

Thankfully, it looks like most people responding to it are recognizing the absurdity for what it is, even if they had felt the Pitioss theory was insightful.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Oh my god, look at those lines, and that tone, and that detail..... :drool:

I mean tattoo. Yeah that's a bitchin' tattoo.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Perona77 have posted their follow-up to the Pitioss theory ... and, well, it's a thing. An enormous, grotesque thing likely to serve as many a fandom's quintessential reference for years to come when offering an example of reading too much into things.

Go here.

Over and above reading too much into things, before you even get through part 1 (of 8!) gigantic posts of this nonsense casserole, you encounter notions based on a) straight-up false claims at the FF Wiki; b) the English (rather than Japanese version's) drastically altered localization of at least one character's name; c) applying everything in Amano artwork created for Versus XIII to the published FFXV; and d) outright contradictions of Ultimania details and even in-game lore.

Thankfully, it looks like most people responding to it are recognizing the absurdity for what it is, even if they had felt the Pitioss theory was insightful.

It feels like they're simply trying to create a story that's not there, stemming from the fact that their original theory was a hit, so now their grasping at straws to keep the internet fame going...

I mean FFS, they have Kenny Fucking Crow on there as one of the listed Messengers of the gods. Dafuq??

:whaa:

EDIT:

Flare, you forgot to mention dem nips :awesomonster: :wackymonster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA

Go here.

It feels like they're simply trying to create a story that's not there, stemming from the fact that their original theory was a hit, so now their grasping at straws to keep the internet fame going...

I mean FFS, they have Kenny Fucking Crow on there as one of the listed Messengers of the gods. Dafuq??

:whaa:

EDIT:

Flare, you forgot to mention dem nips :awesomonster: :wackymonster:

I... don't even have the energy to get through that noise. Say what you will about Pitioss: Revelations, at least the claims while not canonical seemed to stem from a logical, if over-reaching, base. But just based on the bits I was looking at...

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
People are extracting models from the game. Leftover Versus Noctis has been found:

C5ZatqWVAAEwRZa.jpg

Also, I'm hearing the opening FMV music has been changed in the recent update?

Now this is the kind of thing I've been waiting for.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Oh, I neglected to poast news of my achievement, but I officially beat Pitioss over the weekend.

Rather disappointed that we don't get a trophy for conquering that monster, but as Ryu told me, we get the Black Hood. :monster:

And the Genji Gloves, if you look in the belly button.

No but seriously, I want 'I survived Pitioss Dungeon' on a fucking t-shirt or something.

Top Bottom