Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Oh, I neglected to poast news of my achievement, but I officially beat Pitioss over the weekend.

Rather disappointed that we don't get a trophy for conquering that monster, but as Ryu told me, we get the Black Hood. :monster:

And the Genji Gloves, if you look in the belly button.

No but seriously, I want 'I survived Pitioss Dungeon' on a fucking t-shirt or something.

"I completed Pitioss and all I got was this shirt" on a black hoodie for extra-meta-y goodness? :monster:

X :neo:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Oh, I neglected to poast news of my achievement, but I officially beat Pitioss over the weekend.

Rather disappointed that we don't get a trophy for conquering that monster, but as Ryu told me, we get the Black Hood. :monster:

And the Genji Gloves, if you look in the belly button.

No but seriously, I want 'I survived Pitioss Dungeon' on a fucking t-shirt or something.

"I completed Pitioss and all I got was this shirt" on a black hoodie for extra-meta-y goodness? :monster:

tumblr_mdjr28tE771qbfq3po1_500.gif

X YOU'RE A GENIUS

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I completed Pitioss Dungeon
& all I got was this
dodge-y Black Hoodie​

:bigawesomonster:

Now I wonder if I can find a place to print that…

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Y'know, a lot of people have been commenting on good ol' Trashbag Noctis being found in the files, and it has been on my mind...

First off, I don't really like it when others call it "Versus Noctis". Like, I get it, but Noctis was never really going to wear that in-game. The Roen deal was in from at least August 2008, when it was revealed at the DKΣ3713 event. Then the actual outfit was shown in 2009.

And then I honestly doubt the model was a leftover either since, as explained, it wasn't ever really the intended outfit. Not seen used since early prototypes.. I honestly think they made this during XV development either as a bit of fun, or with the intention as adding it as a usable outfit. I wouldn't have been surprised if they released it in a patch. Anywho, this is getting a little rant-y... Carry on.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Intriguing official FFXV Universe timeline image shown at this year's Game Developers Conference:

ykaZXQ4.jpg

The most intriguing part here to me is that both the "Omen" trailer (expected) and some aspect of "10 years later" (unexpected) falls under "Alternate Reality." Which part? The post-credits scene perhaps?

Also, it looks like the "Dawn" trailer and "Episode Duscae" are canon after all, which is nice.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I would like to have a audio and video of what was said in the GDC panel itself rather than a simple image.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
If the World of Versus rumors prove true, I'm going to be so glad I haven't played XV yet. By the time I get a PS4, the full true game will be out and available.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Lots of cool stuff to report/show. :monster:

-Miscellaneous-
—The specs given to the voice actors who auditioned for the role of Ignis were revealed on the LoudAnnoying stream
—YouTuber harvey lanot completes the Final Trial training session at Level 1
—The in-game descriptions for the nine Hunter dog tags you can find all reference towns from other FF games
—Another amazing Luna cosplay
—YouTuber OscarSanchezTG6661 did an electric guitar cover of "Valse di Fantastica"
—Fanart concepts of the Lucian queens who wielded the Shield of the Just and the Star of the Rogue
—You can get your own Ebony coffee container from CraftedWithZeal, a merchant on Etsy

-Exploration videos-
—If you went through Pitioss to collect the items prior to the 1.05 update, you can apparently gather them a second time
—You aren't likely to get a better look at Zegnautus Keep than in this video
—Actually, you can get a much better (i.e. up close) look at it here and here with Noctis in
King of Light mode
:monster::awesome:
—Speaking of that, here's taking on the
airships from the train ambush while in King of Light mode
, as well as a demonstration of how to make this happen
—Using the same method, here's getting to
Insomnia
while in Chapter 9, and
investigating the throne room of the Citadel
at that juncture in this video
—Niflheim dropship assets
stored under Tenebrae
(Hopefully this latest method that has allowed for this expanded exploration of the Niflheim continent will also allow for exploring
Tenebrae
and
Gralea

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I always meant to mention the dog tag descriptions referencing various other FF title's towns, but forgot. :lol: I missed the first two, didn't think to read the description.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

It's a beautiful cosplay, but one thing I like about Luna's dress is that despite it's fairly simple design, it has some amazing (and I'm sure complicated to attempt) pleats throughout the fabric that make it so much more than just a white dress. I've thought about buying a used wedding dress in the shape of that silhouette and having my cousin help me modify it for a potential cosplay, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm not good with blonde hair. :monster:

—Fanart concepts of the Lucian queens who wielded the Shield of the Just and the Star of the Rogue

These are fucking badass. Love them.

They actually do show the queen wielding the Star of the Rogue in Kingsglaive though!

—You can get your own Ebony coffee container from CraftedWithZeal, a merchant on Etsy.

Also known as Schala-Kitty here on TLS. :monster:

She hasn't logged on in quite a few years though. I got in touch with her last year on Etsy when I discovered her shop through an Instagram post and was like 'Hey! I know this person!' so I sent her a message. It wasn't a long conversation, whhich made me sad. I would've liked to have seen her back on the forums.

—You aren't likely to get a better look at Zegnautus Keep than in this video
at that juncture in

I confused myself at first; I was like 'WTF! The Keep is floating?!' :lol:

Awesome finds Tres!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
More fun with XV. :monster:

—Well, that's kind of messed up Gladio (Chapter 13 spoilers)
—If you'd like to see
Shiva's corpse during the day
, here, here and here is where you do it
—Magitek Trooper decides to gtfo
—Cidney backs a car over a couple of dudes
—Noctis throws a dart through Sonia's eye and cheers; Prompto takes a picture
—One lucky Regalia takeoff
—One lucky Regalia flight
—One surreal Regalia flight
—Some insane stunts with the Regalia
—More of them

Last edited:

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I'm still dawdling through Chapter 3. Today I decided to investigate the
I already had the item Cindy wanted when she gave the quest so I never went near it until now. Lvl 7 Goblins and I'm ten levels above them, no harm in trying, right? Right? Wrong.

No one warned me about Aramusha. The first encounter where he knocks you down to 1HP and throws you to the Goblins I thought it was meant to happen that way. I did die but continued anyway because I suck and blamed the dying on me being completely incapable of dodging. Since I had already completed the quest before entering I had no idea how far I was meant to explore anyway. I mean, there's no way they'd make me fight a lvl 52 dude when everything else is lvl 7.

Second encounter, descended ladders and the boss music comes along. I'm still thinking that they wouldn't make me fight Aramusha and the wave of goblins supports me on this. Then they're all dead and the boss music is still going and suddenly I realise that oh shit, they really do want me to have a go at it. A quick Google search tells me that it's possible and that he wont leave the pit so I'm able to shoot at him from a distance. I do this for a while. It's taking forever because Gladio and Prompto are both stuck running back and forth and I'm the only one doing any damage.

But where's Ignis? I realise that he's still at the top of the ladder! I think, having never used Regroup before, that I can get back up near him and out of this situation. Yes! No, he pulls us all right in front of Aramusha. Manage to Warp out of there, Gladio hot on my heels. Ignis gets out okay-ish but poor Prompto is being slapped around. He makes it out in danger and we're all okay. Except that by now I'm annoyed at how useless they all are and I do what I swore I'd never do. I use magic.

That works, damages but does not kill the guys and takes off a huge chunk of Aramusha's HP. Ignis poisons him and Prompto finally lends a hand. We do it, we kill the bastard. I decide that it's about time I head to Galdin and get my 2x experience, which I've been letting build up since the start of the chapter. Level from 17 to 30, woo. However, the only photo Prompto took of that fight was after the battle and it's of Gladio standing in the pit. Thanks, take a photo of the guy who did fuck all :doh: I swear these guys will be the death of me.

So I guess lesson learned.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So remember that naked model of Gentiana that was posted a while back?
How did I miss that?

ultima espio said:
I understand that Gentiana was used when she shifts into her summon appearance, but I don't know why Camelia has one...

I think I read somewhere that starting there makes the way the clothing textures lay more true to life, but I wouldn't know. Weren't XIII's models done this way as well?

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
They model them naked first then add clothes on later, it makes it easier to make multiple costumes and make changes to them that way. That's normal, and anything underneath the clothes is deleted.

Top Bottom