Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Lex

Administrator
Idk, pre-August seems legit to me. I was expecting either March or Autumn next year.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
ATTENTION :comedian:

Trailer premieres several hours before the ATR:

HandsomeWetAmericangoldfinch.gif

EU: 8AM CEST Aug 5
NA: 11PM PST Aug 4
JP: 3PM JST Aug 5

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Somewhere in the second or third quarter of 2016 seems sensible; it wasn't on the list of releases leading up to the end of the current fiscal year, so anywhere up until the beginning of April next year can probably be ruled out. I'll say somewhere between June and September next year, we'll probably get a catch-all "2016" date at the end of tomorrow's trailer.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I truly love you guys for giving me gifs for my "gif archive"

I hope for some lore.

EDIT

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm not surprised that they didn't give out a release date yet...again. This game as been one of the main huge reasons why Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII remake were both delayed for this long(and not to mention the cancellation of future titles of the Compilation of FFVII).

We're looking at 2020 for FFXV, 2023 for KH3, and finally....2033 for FFVII Remake.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Sorry, I wasn't feeling that at all. They needed to give more at this stage but that was quite ... boring frankly.

Pixel

The Pixie King
So that's Mufasa... the bad guy is Scar... your party are Timone and Pumba. Who's the guy from the other trailer with the soup? Was he the driver, or his father's old design?

Lex

Administrator
I was quite moved by the shot of child Noctis and his dad for the first three seconds, so I was like "why are people saying this sucks omg story, the feels".

Then it lasted for like a minute and a half and I was like... this is not a trailer. Also not voicing that tiny line by his dad was pretty lazy. You could explain it away by saying he was speaking quietly but come the fuck on.

ign 2/10 needs moar rpg

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
^This. It was fine until Regis started crying. I liked seeing that, the emotion on his face, Noctis just peacefully sleeping, completely unaware...but then it went on and on and took up the rest of the trailer. /=
I feel like this trailer would've made a great opening to a proper, longer trailer. =P
I do hope we'll see an extended version at the ATR...

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So that's Mufasa... the bad guy is Scar... your party are Timone and Pumba. Who's the guy from the other trailer with the soup? Was he the driver, or his father's old design?

He's Rafiki! Ha, I wish it was them, cause then I would actually be interested in this game again.

Lame 'trailer' but this is the kind of stuff I expect from SE anyways.

Was the little girl in the trailer NotStella?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Gotta say, I really like the aesthetic of this FF. It's not often that we see devs deliberately mixing styles that are so different together.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I -liked- the trailer, but that scene with Noctis and his dad definitely went on a little long.
Best part of the trailer was the first half and the last scene with those shapes appearing way up in the sky. Also loved the music, and like Obsidian said, I like the visual of the world, especially the part where Noctis's dad is holding this beautiful sword while standing outside of a car. It somehow works, in my opinion.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
ATR starting in about 15 minutes:
http://www.twitch.tv/squareenixpresents

Just said there's not gonna be a release date announcement at GC but they have decided on a date.

They said they're still 'looking into airships' (are you fucking kidding)
More detailed answer: Would be possible with a restricted height of flight (like on the eye level of Ramuh/height the birds fly), good chance it will be in the game but can't promise anything (=/)
Tabata really wants a controllable airship, said if they can't make it in time for release, they'd consider DLC'ing/patching it into game afterwards

The sad, tragic VsXIII elements are still there

Last edited:
Every scene in the trailer went on for too long. Nothing was gained here, apart from three seconds of good emotion. I felt embarrassed just watching it all. >____< Believe it or not but I expect better trailers than this from Square.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There's gonna be official forums, devs are gonna participate in the most important discussions

They're showing off in development footage of Malboro and a bit of new scenery

Malboro Bad Breath's everyone to death in one fell swoop :comedian:

The location seen is from the second half of the game

Next ATR at PAX Prime, then TGS

Last edited:
Top Bottom