AKA
Tets
My summary of it all:

fuckingnothing_zpsfedbd189.gif

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I don't know why everyone thinks this trailer sucks. Sure, it doesn't provide much insight to the plot... other than highlighting the fact that the relationship between Noctis and his father is going to be more important than some of us may have thought. And I love that his design has changed; to me that shows that SE is taking this game very seriously. I could care less that production on this game started 10 years ago... if that's how long it takes for them to make it perfect, I don't care. Everyone's opinion differs from mine, it seems, but that's just my two cents.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Food for thought:

I wasn't expecting anything. Got a trailer. Not too exciting but something new. Wasn't disappointed.

Woop!

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
I agree, I don't care about a specific date, but just to know it will be somewhere in 2016 makes me happy.

All of the coverage I've seen at Gamescom has been a bit lacklustre so far, I was expecting a lot more from how they spoke about it a while back.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I just wonder what this means: "I think we'll be able to tell you when we're making the announcement around PAX Prime, at the end of this month."

Does he mean announcing the release date at PAX or does he mean announcing the release date announcement at PAX? I'm thinking the latter because Square gonna Enix =P

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I'm lazy to go through all the pages on this thread but I recall having said something like "I guess it'll be between second half 2015 and first half 2016" somewhere around here...

Good to have official word on it!!

Ghost X

@Lithium: Trailers generally have one job, and that is to create hype. For most people, a trailer consisting largely of a guy hugging his son does the exact opposite :P. Perhaps the negative response represents everything that is wrong with this world, but I am with the majority on this one :P.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Wow the salt in this thread :monster:

You guys have a whole bunch of other conferences to get hype with this year, c'mon. TGS as well, even.
That trailer was alright. Not every one needs to be an exposition dump of details. Okay, I wasn't excited as much for this one but it's nice to have a tonal break from the drama and action from the previous ones!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okay, so no one's really talked about the trailer except most of us expressing some disappointment about how long the scene between Noctis and his dad was. There's a couple things that I'm very curious about though.

So, the first scene or whatever is that girl with the blond hair looking like she's very much in trouble, with that dude grabbing her arm and tossing her to the floor. Was I the only one who got a cold feeling from that scene? Of course we don't know what was really going on, but could FFXV have more mature-rated issues in it than other FF's? Also, who is she, is she Lunafreya?

Next, the last scene of those three huge, shadowy, unformed figures in the sky at the very end. What the heck was that? What are those things? They're confirmed to not be summons, but what are they really? Are they the gods, or something else?

And now, besides the trailer, there's this article on gamespot that's worth a read (but I can't interact with the page, it's like messed up or something, but I can read all the stuff they have): http://www.gamespot.com/articles/everything-we-learned-about-final-fantasy-15-from-/1100-6429515/

One thing in this article that maed me curious and interested, is the statement here:

While Tabata couldn't say much about the main villain of FF XV, he did reveal it will be a male. "He won't be beaten by any of the previous villains," Tabata said when comparing him to other villains in the earlier FF games, noting he could be the biggest, baddest villain yet. "He's going to top all of them."
I find this very interesting, and brings up a good question now: What villain do you all think is the ultimate villain right now, that this new baddie is predicted to 'top'? I know he said he's gonna top them all, but there should be a standard here. Which villain is the worst/baddest/biggest so far? And how can a villain top that one?
I hope they give us a villain we haven't quite seen before, and I'm looking forward to seeing him be a badass that'll blow some of the others out of the water. Of course we'll see if that really happens, but if it does.... we're in for a ride. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Wait, I just noticed something. That girl with the blond hair in the beginning of that trailer, doesn't she have what seems to be the exact same hairstyle as that mysterious black-haired woman, that's supposed to have importance to the storyline?

Is that the same woman then, only part of her past?

Edit: I'm almost positive it is; I'm 90% positive she has the same beauty mark.

blond_girl_by_bahamutdeusmodus-d94j3be.jpg

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Well, despite the boring trailer, and I had thought to myself, "How boring.", at least the game will be coming out sometime next year, because Tabata stated that the game will be out, "Not in 2017, but before that."

Just one more year to go.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
The Dawn Trailer was kind of a letdown to be honest. I feel like if it's coming out sooner we should be getting more than a slow-paced prologue. But then again I guess they figure they got their money's worth on gameplay with Episode Duscae.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
@Lithium: Trailers generally have one job, and that is to create hype. For most people, a trailer consisting largely of a guy hugging his son does the exact opposite :P. Perhaps the negative response represents everything that is wrong with this world, but I am with the majority on this one :P.

Ultimately this.

Let's face it. After the emotion-fuelled VII announcement trailer, this needed to be something special to get people to start turning their attention again to XV. It needed to be epic. Instead, it was just ... flat.

Top Bottom