Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the trailer. It's a beautiful trailer and if this had been one of the very first trailers released I'd have been really excited and wanted to know more particularly because it looks like Noctis is going to have a strong bond with his dad, something that a lot of FF games don't give us, but at this point I feel like they need to give us something more than a 2 minute trailer of Noctis sleeping in his dad's arms with little else going on.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I think we should be getting something pretty cool for TGS. Also, don't forget that's their local show. They should be saving the heavy hitting stuff for then. Or so I figure, at least.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
They'd better have airships fly-able in this game. They've had years to figure it out. Tabata you'd better make your personal goal and give us airships!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Did I mention that I saw the trailer too? Can't remember, but it was boring.

Oh well, at least Tabata made it clear that the game is coming out in 2016, since he stated that it's not coming out this year, and it's definately not in 2017. As he said, "The game won't come out in 2017, but before that, indicating a 2016 release." or something along those lines, but I know it's coming out in 2016 sometime.

Most likely in November though my brain is telling me August 2016. Don't ask me why.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
screenshot__1_.jpg

screenshot__2_.jpg

screenshot__3_.jpg

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So looks like the summons of XV are referred to as Archaeans (plural form, singular is without the s at the end). I found this on the FF Wiki. Is there anywhere else this is mentioned?

My favorite term will probably always be Espers and Aeons, though. :P

Also, the malboros look gnarly. Nice and big and grotesque and freaky, just how I like them!
Malboro-FFXV.png

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Also, interesting piece in an interview where Tabata mentions the possibility of gory/mature scenes in XV, and that they are working 'within the standards of their ratings', which could mean they're still trying to gear it towards a T-rated game. Full interview here: http://jpgames.de/2015/02/jpgames-de-unser-interview-mit-hajime-tabata/

Quote here:
JPGames: You mentioned the ratings. In one of the first trailers for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Noctis broke a soldier’s neck with his legs and spread blood all over the battlefield. That has changed, hasn’t it?
Tabata: Certainly there is a difference with Final Fantasy XV now and what we tried to do with Final Fantasy Versus XIII back then. I think it is a slightly different thing, not in relation of the ratings, but in relation of what we want to do with Final Fantasy XV on its own. For that, we are trying to work at the limits of the rating and that changed how we were proceeding with the game in a lot of ways. That is why we really started to get a feeling of in how many ways we can put these things in the game. We thought about a menu where you can choose freely how much blood you want to see or a DLC for a different rating. Obviously we want to work within the standards of our rating, but I am still planning some shocking moments in the story and in those moments, brutal scenes are really necessary. I learned that.

I don't remember if anyone already posted this interview, so sorry if I'm repeating old news; I just thought it was relevant to the ratings we were thinking the game might have.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I wonder if those somewhat invisible beings in the background of the Dawn trailer are fal'Cie...???

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I just heard great news! This is not a hoax or a joke-this is the real deal! Tabata just announced that the game is going to be released world-wide next year! That's one the best things I've heard in the last two days!:joy:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
He mentioned it wasn't going to be released in 2017, so I was figuring they'd release it in '16; nice to hear a direct confirmation.
As long as he still gets airships in that game. I don't care if I have to wait 'til Christmas to buy it, I WANT AIRSHIPS! :awesome:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
He mentioned it wasn't going to be released in 2017, so I was figuring they'd release it in '16; nice to hear a direct confirmation.
As long as he still gets airships in that game. I don't care if I have to wait 'til Christmas to buy it, I WANT AIRSHIPS! :awesome:

Yeah, he confirmed it's coming out before 2017 and that it wasn't coming out this year either, so, 2016 is the confirmed date, which, I knew.

And hey, be thankful that we're finally know what year it's coming out and that we're finally getting it all together, and I'm pretty sure they'll have airships anyway. I mean, seriously, what Final Fantasy main games(not including the FFXIII sequels) do not have airships?

Last edited:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I'm of the opinion that this series is ready for another quadruped in the main party. (Hoping that the dog will join the party). :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^That would be amaaaazing! :monster: Four-legged party member again! Or at least a non-human race member would be cool.

And Tashasaurus, I'm sure they'll have airships in the game, but what I mean is flyable airships that we can control. I want that so bad.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Looks like the 2.0 version of the demo is out now, to those who have the demo to play! Ya lucky suckers. :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Tabata himself said that in interviews around Gamescom, wasn't really a super official announcement at all though

Anyway, new ATR

Special event in March where the exact date will be announced

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Omg that was kinda cute (from around 6:30 - 8:40 where they talk about the release date) when everybody reacts to Tabata speaking Japanese rather than the translator XD

Will watch rest in half an hour when I haul my sweaty ass back from the shops and I have enjoyment supplies.

*trots off*

Top Bottom