Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, like I said, Versus-XIII was said to be RUNNING on PS3.

And figure with Direct X 11, they could port it to PC or whatever else they wanted.

Also the Hooded character reminds me of Assassin's Creed. :P

laurence

Pro Adventurer
And if it's released to ps3, then the ps4 won't sell as many units...I smell a compromise there. But I don't know.

As for look alikes, I've always though Noctis is a replica of Sasuke Uchiha. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The game's not even out yet, and Square-Enix is talking about sequels. Yup.

Square-Enix..

:lightningpunch:

Just release the fucking game so I can tell you how full of shit you are making me wait this long.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Honestly, in comparison to the old Versus trailer, this new one has at least managed to spark some of my interest.

But I'm still underwhelmed by the character designs. Especially Noctis. Just the standard J-popstar-ish prettyboy. And he's supposed to be a prince? Lulz, he doesn't even seem to have changed his clothes since he was a kid

this bugs me a lot too. what bugs me even more is they clearly altered some of the character designs but didn't bother doing anything different. say what you will about xiii, but at least there was an attempt at diversity and there was gender balance. xv has two chicks and the entire cast has generic j-pop faces. eeeeeh.

the gameplay looks great but tbh this looks even less like final fantasy than xiii did. just drop the ff title, guys. it wouldn't be a crime to break away.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Questioner wanted to know how far along XV is, but Hashimoto said it was too early to say. "Development is moving forward," he said.

Oh dear.

Square PR says that the cool gameplay trailer they showed for Final Fantasy XV actually won't be available until 3pm Pacific. Argh! Soon is a relative term.

At least we'll get something new soon. :)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The game's not even out yet, and Square-Enix is talking about sequels. Yup.

Square-Enix..

:lightningpunch:

Just release the fucking game so I can tell you how full of shit you are making me wait this long.

But some tool asked them. I suppose they could have done the ol' "we won't talk about that at this time," but still. They didn't just start spouting off about sequels.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
All right, all right, I was just going from memory :P

I still say there are going to be three chicks. FF2 is the only game in the entire freakin series that broke the 3-girl rule.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I think it's this new battle system that's messing us up. If it's an action rpg (which I think they confirmed), you don't get that traditional party so there's less characters over all but it looks like as far as the main character's party goes, it's all guys.

I wonder how prominent Stella is in the game is. From earlier trailers it made it look like she was the second most prominent character in the game.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I would guess the party system may be similar to KH. Meaning you get to equip your characters and define their skills but possibly not control them.

And as far as being male focused in terms of storyline... as long as there's enough interesting females being active part of the story development, I wouldn't complain. Oh well. We'll find out in due time.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The party system looks very Sora, Donald and Goofy to me. I am certainly not complaining and didn't expect much else from the same team.

Gameplay is here for ya'll

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think it's this new battle system that's messing us up. If it's an action rpg (which I think they confirmed), you don't get that traditional party so there's less characters over all but it looks like as far as the main character's party goes, it's all guys.

I wonder how prominent Stella is in the game is. From earlier trailers it made it look like she was the second most prominent character in the game.

The old gameplay trailer showed them switching party members. And there's also that brunette chick.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Final Fantasy XV director Tetsuya Nomura appeared on today’s Square Enix Presents E3 stream to talk about the upcoming PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game. When asked what it means for the former “Versus XIII” title to now have the Final Fantasy XV name, Nomura said that one to two years after Versus XIII was in development the team weighed the option of making the game FFXV and in 2011, they finally did. It was at that time they decided on next-generation platforms.
On the subject of the game’s new action-based combat, Nomura reiterated that it is an action RPG but includes the commands that are present in Final Fantasy games before it. He asks Final Fantasy fans to imagine what it would be like if a Final Fantasy game was an action game.
About the main character Noctis, Nomura describes him as uncool and “quirky” on the inside. He also feels that party members are necessary in a Final Fantasy game — although Noctis can fight by himself. The party will act cooperatively, but in a different fashion that previous titles. “Party battling is essential” in a Final Fantasy. Noctis has the ability to teleport himself to the location of his weapons. The team is trying to balance a very realistic look without becoming to unnatural with fantasy elements.
Nomura closed off his thoughts but saying that up until a year ago the team had targeted the current generation, but has switched to the next generation when they saw how the quality changed. The game is being developed in a different way where one lead console is ported to the rest. They are still targeting a very high quality for Final Fantasy XV, and DirectX 11 compatible consoles and platforms are capable of a port. PC version? Possibly!

http://www.finalfantasy.net/xv/nomura-dx11-compatible-platforms-ffxv/

If you missed the interview here's basically what it said. It's not terribly informative but hey.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The very beginning of the new trailer says "Fabula Nova Crystallis," doesn't it? Right after Nomura's little "There's no time to go into detail today" joke.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Anything about being part of the FNC and fal'Cie? l'Cie?!

There was that big ass but faint Fabula Nova Crystallis sign at the beginning of the announcement trailer but no word about normal tier fal'cie.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
The very beginning of the new trailer says "Fabula Nova Crystallis," doesn't it? Right after Nomura's little "There's no time to go into detail today" joke.

and

There was that big ass but faint Fabula Nova Crystallis sign at the beginning of the announcement trailer but no word about normal tier fal'cie.

I didn't see it yet! I was out shopping for the past few hours. Thank you though.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm thinking I saw something like CQC in that gameplay trailer, what with Noctis bashing a guys head into a car door.

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
about the gameplay, i know this can sound silly, but i'm not very happy how cool Noctis is. it's look a bit like a munchkin. too fast, too weapon etc. in the past FFs the main character started like 'normal people', maybe a bit different (Terra was a esper, Cloud a ex-SOLDIER etc) but you can see s/he wasn't superspecial, just a bit different.
and from a game which insist is 'a fantasy based on reality' a overpowered main character seem strange.

still i'll play it because is Versus XIII

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
My thoughts exactly. He starts way too badass.

The whole teleporting thing, too. He seems too OP. But oh well. It still looks interesting.

Ghost X

A seemingly over-powered character can still be enjoyable to play. That doesn't particularly worry me. Granted I don't want the game to be easy, but a super-powered character doesn't equate to an easy game.

AvecAloes

Donator
about the gameplay, i know this can sound silly, but i'm not very happy how cool Noctis is. it's look a bit like a munchkin. too fast, too weapon etc. in the past FFs the main character started like 'normal people', maybe a bit different (Terra was a esper, Cloud a ex-SOLDIER etc) but you can see s/he wasn't superspecial, just a bit different.
and from a game which insist is 'a fantasy based on reality' a overpowered main character seem strange.

still i'll play it because is Versus XIII

Yeah, but do we know that he's this badass in the beginning of the game? I believe most video game trailers would show you the main character(s) performing a lot of their higher level feats in order to get you pumped and interested in playing the game, giving you the drive to see yourself controlling the character when they do become that powerful. I don't think it would be quite as effective an ad if they showed some wimpy kid with no powers walking around doing the bullshit routine fetch tasks the beginnings of games usually have.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I too felt he's a bit too cool (wielding multiple weapons, being a prince etc)

But yeah, what Avec said.

And did you see how he wields the Buster sword-ish thing? Cloud wins

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I didn't mean the game was going to be easy. In fact, I think it has no impact whatsoever. But I still like it to be "hard" from a narrative point of view, too. Like for instance, those images from the trailer where he's fighting through the mansion. Those looked badass, but if he has to slide, attack and hide, it's all more badass than if he can just use teleport after teleport to help himself. It's an aesthetic matter, for me.

I have to agree with Avec and I thought about that too. But!! Since day one of Versus, he's been telekinetic and used the teleporting thing. So I always thought it was supposed to be "his skill" rather than something he'd learn later on. It's just my opinion though. I may be wrong.

Top Bottom