• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I never knew Astral Bahamut was evil until the Book came to existance. That's a good read and I'm actually excited to buy the English translation of it in the future.

GokaiWhite

GokaiWhite
AKA
Hexafres
Wow, that was a good article!

Thank you sir! It's my hope that a group of fans will come together to make a fan film version of "Dawn of the Future" and at least let me be a creative consultant or supervisor. The fan film would expand on aspects of the novel and the game's overall story, like with what I described as Bahamut's motives, and I'd like to do a prologue segment based on my scenario of Prompto meeting Optimus Lucis Caelum and changing the timeline. Or, if that doesn't seem doable, I have another explanation for the new ending coexisting with the mainline story of the game itself: the original ending actually took place in Noctis' mind in his 10-year sleep, a la the last two episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. He envisioned how choosing to accept fate would play out for him, and after seeing the consequences of doing so would have on his friends' emotional health, decided not to go through with it.

Again, thank you for your interest.

GokaiWhite

GokaiWhite
AKA
Hexafres
I never knew Astral Bahamut was evil until the Book came to existance. That's a good read and I'm actually excited to buy the English translation of it in the future.
Yeah: biggest plot twist in Final Fantasy history ever! For me, it's more of a situation where "you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." ~ Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight (2008)

I wonder how many people will think FFXV is gonna be the last game because of this irony?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Yeah: biggest plot twist in Final Fantasy history ever! For me, it's more of a situation where "you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." ~ Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight (2008)

I wonder how many people will think FFXV is gonna be the last game because of this irony?

That quote reminds me of how Sephiroth went from hero to super-crazy villain given his origins in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, and both Marina and Eris's quotes to Sinbad "A thief or a hero" from the Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas movie.

And nah, I don't think FFXV will be the last game of the franchise because of Bahamut being the real villain in book form. April Fools quick movie of FFXVI aside(even then I felt that wasn't Final Fantasy material, that felt more like a different game in and on itself due to it's Tokyo look before it's revealed to be similar to Chaos Rings 3), I think the real FFXVI will still happen. Just...not on PS5 and very likely after part 1 of Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I never trusted Bahamut from the start.

Like.

You don't tell someone they have to give their life in sacrifice because "a blood price must be paid" and you're supposedly the head honcho god of all.

Nevermind that Ardyn was done incredibly dirty.

No just, rational or fair deity would pull such a sick burn against those two. At best, it would speak to an extremely cold and macro-level view of life on the planet that cares nothing for the individual suffering of a human... And at worst, we get Bahamut :mon:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Final Fantasy XV will be available at launch on Google Stadia this November.

Google Stadia is Google's upcoming cloud gaming service that allows you to play games on your system without a high-end console, phone computer. View Google's website for more information.

Full Press Release

────────

Square Enix® is excited to confirm that TOMB RAIDER®, Rise of the Tomb Raider®, Shadow of the Tomb Raider™, and FINAL FANTASY® XV will all be available on Stadia when the new platform launches this November.

TOMB RAIDER explores the intense origin story of Lara Croft® and her ascent from an untested young woman to a hardened survivor. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.

In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor, and embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition in search of the secret of immortality. She’ll explore a vast and hostile world, engage in guerilla combat, and discover deadly tombs.

In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must travel to a magnificent environment filled with the largest tombs in franchise history, hidden secrets, and cunning new enemies. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.

FINAL FANTASY XV is the critically acclaimed roleplaying game (RPG) and the latest entry in the iconic FINAL FANTASY series. Set in an enthralling world where fantasy meets reality, players will join Crown Prince Noctis and his comrades on an epic journey of brotherhood, love and despair as they unravel Noctis's destiny and take up arms against the warmongering empire, Niflheim. With a captivating cast of characters, breathtaking visuals, open-world exploration and action-packed real time combat, FINAL FANTASY XV is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY experience for fans and newcomers to the series.

“We’re thrilled to bring the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider trilogy to Stadia.” said Gary Snethen, Chief Technology Officer at Crystal Dynamics®. “It’s an exciting new platform, and we’re always pleased when new audiences can discover Lara’s origin story.”

“Stadia brings new opportunities to our research and development teams, who always love a new challenge,” said Julien Bouvrais, Chief Technology Officer at Eidos-Montréal™. “Being part of the first round of games released on the platform allows us to break new ground, and shows our studio’s dedication to delivering trailblazing experiences for all players.”

“We’re pleased with the opportunity to bring the engaging characters and immersive world of FINAL FANTASY XV to even more players through the Stadia platform,” said FINAL FANTASY Brand Manager Shinji Hashimoto. “The journey of Crown Prince Noctis is the perfect adventure for players to enjoy through Stadia.”

TOMB RAIDER, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are available now worldwide on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Windows PC/Steam. FINAL FANTASY XV is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and Windows PC/Steam/Origin.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Square Enix President Talks Innovation And The Impact Of Final Fantasy XV

Article Text said:
Final Fantasy XV had a tall order of pleasing old fans, while also reaching a new audience. The entry was a departure from what we'd previously seen, tackling a more open world and taking combat in a more action-oriented direction. Before the game was released, director Hajime Tabata said it was "make or break for the franchise" and acknowledged it was a dying IP that lacked brand recognition in our 2016 cover story. At this past E3, Square Enix CEO and president Yosuke Matsuda was on hand for interviews and we asked him if he felt Final Fantasy XV had raised the profile of the series.

"Yes, I think it did do that because we tried lots of different things with [Final Fantasy XV]," he said. "Among the titles in that series, I think it was quite unique. And I also understand that not just the fans from back in the day, but also lots of new, young players also played it. In that sense, I think it really had a significant contribution in that context."

Matsuda also took this time to address the importance of innovation across all of Square Enix's core franchises. "Whether you're talking about Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest or Tomb Raider, these all, internally for us, are really the pillars in terms of franchises," he said. "And for that reason, we need to always innovate with those. We believe that franchises and IP are really living creatures. You have to always imbue them with whatever is the latest or the most innovative that matches that particular era, or else they're going to die. And that's something I think applies both to new pieces of IP and also to our existing franchises."

Matsuda acknowledged that individual developers all approach this differently with their own ideas, but said it's always the top goal and essential to the success and survival of both old and new franchises. "So more than what the level of recognition is, for us at the moment, it is more about providing the latest and the greatest to the customer and hoping that makes them happy. Because if we don't do that, then we'll see the popularity of these games drop off, and so we always want to take on new challenges. I believe that thinking is one that all of our developers share. So more than the concern about [Final Fantasy] having temporarily dropped off, for us, it's just always ensuring that our IP is innovative."

Matsuda was pretty candid in our interview addressing Square Enix's philosophy for remakes, the push for making its complete library digital, and even discussing Final Fantasy VII Remake potentially being released on new consoles, so be sure to check out anything you may have missed.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's not overly surprising, though, that updating that webpage went neglected in light of how abruptly the "The Dawn of the Future" DLC were orphaned, is it? As it is, even with "Comrades" and the Windows Edition being listed there, both had prior announcements of content that ultimately went unreleased and without further comment by the development team(s).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
my dudes

what kind of expiry date do the download codes that come with the royal edition have? there's a sale on the japanese psn store were a bunch of the dlc/season pass is discounted, but apparently the royal edition has most of that except the last dlc. but if i bought it am i going to end up with a code i can't use (i bought the dmc hd collection and the code for the ps4 theme had expired the day before it arrived because i buy most stuff super late).

or might you just as well buy the now cheaper original edition and get the season pass and dlc, since the royal edition seems to be the regular edition with just some codes (does that include the 'royal pack' additions or are those on disk?)

i've got until january 5th to decide anyway

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the royal edition seems to be cheaper anyway lol

i guess i could try to get that as soon as possible just to be safe. then the only content not included is episode ayden? (the guy with the hat)

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
the royal edition seems to be cheaper anyway lol

i guess i could try to get that as soon as possible just to be safe. then the only content not included is episode ayden? (the guy with the hat)
Yeah, Ep. Ardyn came after so you'll need that separately.

... And then the novel for the cancelled DLC if you're real hardcore :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I believe that's right. Make sure you also acquire some means of watching "Kingsglaive" and "Brotherhood" -- or at least "Kingsglaive." That movie is essential. The OVA is good stuff, but you wouldn't be up shit's creek without it.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i assure you i will be getting the novel at some point

unless i really, absolutely hate the game but that doesn't feel likely

edit; i saw kingsglaive when it came out and i think about 4 episodes of brotherhood, but i will watch them again before i start

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I was finally going to pick up Ep. Ardyn myself since I noticed there seemed to be a permanent price cut with FFXV content plus the current sale. I ended up moving on with my mixed feelings but I couldn't bring myself to delete the monster install off of my PS4. But hey, for £2 I don't mind biting again.

Oh yeah, Ep. Ardyn also has a prequel OVA as well.

Top Bottom