• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

First taste of Remake BGM

Lex

Administrator
Interesting, that's a more subdued version of the new piece of music we got in the State of Play trailer (which has been in every trailer since). It could just be an earlier section of the song on loop, or the music changes depending on combat state (in/out).

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Given how fast and wild it is, my guess is this song accompanies the new bike chase, leaving Crazy Motorcycle for the final chase.

I’ve been giving a listen to the PS Theme Theme and I’m having trouble sorting out its time sig. The whole thing *could* work in 4/4 I guess or 8/4 but even so there are some progressions that happen mid-bar. I’m liking this tune a lot more in its slow stealthy version (although it reminds me a bit of DA: Inquisition heehee)

Last edited:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I can't wait to hear the new rendition of "Those Chosen by the Planet" :monster:

I don't think it's ever made an appearance in any game outside the original, aside from the little refrain in Advent Children's soundtrack.

That song used to scare me shitless as a kid and just set the tone that Sephiroth was a seriously powerful force of evil who wasn't to be fecked with. I hope they don't lose that oomph.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Until I get the full BGM of the remake, I've been binging on two composers on youtube covering and remixing a lot of the old BGM and do it well: Enrico Deiana (Matthew Wallace) and Pontus Hultgren.

Not everything they do is amazing, but when they do do it, it's out of this world. Currently listening to Enrico Deiana's take on Underneath the Rotting Pizza, followed by Hultgren's version of the Bombing Mission.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Famitsu's footage from E3 has the official audio attached to it without any dialogue in the opening, and a clean audio version of the boss fight that has all the game audio. Max watched it on his stream, and I totally forgot to bring it up in this thread:

X :neo:

Magnus

Lv. 1 Adventurer
It seems they're going for a predominantly orchestral approach for the score, which pleases me. I still expect stuff that's explicitly not meant to be played by an orchestra to deliver the intended results though, like the bossanova theme of Costa del Sol. I was a bit worried they'd go all out on the J-rock and techno based on how Uematsu's pieces have been arranged for various other projects over the years.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I was more worried they'd over-orchestrate it, actually. I want that industrial and techno sound in stuff like Mako Reactor and Crazy Motorcycle.

I'm fine with the orchestrated references to the boss theme in the gameplay demo, but I do hope we also hear a guitar play that riff at some point.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Maximilian Dood mentioned in his stream about how amazing the Mako Reactor theme sounded, he said it's the best arrangement he heard of this song ever. They nailed that amphoric and industrial tone the original track had. Seems like we get more than over-orchestrated variations.

I can see how especially the fighting and boss-battle themes will have a lot of adapted variants, suitable for the location and enemies we encounter through the game.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I want the next reveal of info to just be the remake midgar soundtrack. Including new tracks as well.

Top Bottom