Game of Thrones

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've been wondering (since I've only recently become active again) - how many people have read the books as well? (I don't want to accidentally spoil things for anyone or anything)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Cersei won't die for a good long while BECAUSE of Ramsey & Joffrey-like characters taking focus away from the constant and ENORMOUS threat she poses by being sadistic little lightning rods for viewer hate. Plus, there's no way that they can leave Arya without an exceptionally pivotal main character to keep her going. Cersei is unfortunately the catalyst to keep Arya's story moving, which means that there's no hope of her out of the picture until then, but I really cannot wait to see her die in a manner that she deserves.

X :neo:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I haven't read the books and
X has a point there. I imagine they'd be absolutely bonkers to kill Cersei off, at least this early in the show so far. I don't think anyone would be able to out-bitch her, so to say.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I just want to say I was satisfied seeing Ceresi in pain just as much as seeing Joffrey die. Like she is such a bitch I actually laughed about it. - And if anything happens to Brienne I will be very very upset o v o

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I did read the books, tl;dr: hodor Hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor Hodor hodor: "Hodor, hodor hodor, Hodor hodor hodor hodor, Hodor!". Hodor. Hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor HODOR hodor, hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor; hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor. Hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor - hodor. Hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor, hodor, hodor hodor. Hodor hodor HODOR! Hodor hodor - hodor hodor hodor. Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor. Hodor.

Hodor hodor hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor; hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor? Hodor hodor HODOR! Hodor hodor hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor hodor hodor? Hodor hodor - HODOR hodor, hodor hodor, hodor, hodor hodor. Hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor hodor; hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor?

Hodor! Hodor hodor, hodor - HODOR hodor, hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor hodor - HODOR hodor, hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor; hodor hodor - hodor hodor! Hodor hodor - hodor - hodor... Hodor hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor hodor? Hodor hodor HODOR! Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor, hodor hodor. Hodor, hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor hodor. Hodor! Hodor hodor, hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor, hodor, hodor hodor.

Hodor, hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor - HODOR hodor, hodor hodor?! Hodor! Hodor hodor, hodor... Hodor hodor hodor - hodor hodor hodor?! Hodor. Hodor hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor hodor hodor? Hodor. Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor!

Hodor hodor - hodor hodor hodor? Hodor, hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor hodor? Hodor hodor - hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor - hodor?! Hodor hodor HODOR! Hodor hodor; hodor hodor; hodor hodor? Hodor. Hodor hodor - hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor hodor!

Hodor. Hodor hodor; hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor hodor! Hodor, hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor?! Hodor. Hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor - hodor. Hodor. Hodor hodor HODOR! Hodor hodor hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor?! Hodor. Hodor hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor. Hodor hodor - hodor - hodor hodor hodor?

:hodor:

Oh also, neat episode was neat. Needed a bit more hodor though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Also, picture (maybe spoilers if you're being very critical of that shit)

nTDdyvt.jpg

Edit: Also, Stephen King tells people to read the books, lawl. Has it been 15 years already?

ftl1GH0.jpg

edit: GM Pycelle (s04e02 spoilers)

0ezw9x0.jpg

edit: Gifset, subtle, also spoilers obv :monster: http://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

gEsC4yn.jpg

QXol5Y6.png

Also, apparently the boring performers were / was Sigur Ros. :monster:. They also did the credits music.

also

iDhfB0M.jpg

edit: visual guide to the intro

Novus

Pro Adventurer
I've read the books, and all the evil sadistic characters are my favorites, even though, except Cersei, none of them have povs.

Speaking of which, I've been wanting to post this somewhere
The Blue Bard:

does anyone else find his torture one of the most disturbing passages they have ever read? There is something really disconcerting about it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
• Still cba to give any fucks about any of Theon Greyjoy's storyline.

I'm with you there. I just don't care. It's not that I think he necessarily deserves what's happening to him, but everything he did was still pretty despicable and I never much cared for him to begin with, so I'm not really shedding any tears for him. So all the torture scenes have just been gratuitous, boring interludes, imo.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
tumblr_n40x4kWrOY1rwnp75o3_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_n40x4kWrOY1rwnp75o2_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_n40x4kWrOY1rwnp75o1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_n40wpurXeA1txilm9o1_250.gif

tumblr_n40wpurXeA1txilm9o2_250.gif

tumblr_n3zencWDHg1st0x8fo1_250.gif

tumblr_n3zencWDHg1st0x8fo2_250.gif

tumblr_n3zencWDHg1st0x8fo3_250.gif

tumblr_n3zencWDHg1st0x8fo4_250.gif

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I did no such thing, I made a tweet in the Game of Thrones tag which you unfortunately saw. I would recommend that next time you avoid twitter after an episode is over and during too.

I just want to say I was satisfied seeing Ceresi in pain just as much as seeing Joffrey die. Like she is such a bitch I actually laughed about it. - And if anything happens to Brienne I will be very very upset o v o

You watch GoT now? :O

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
As I do every week after I watch an episode. I'm sorry you saw the tweet and got spoiled but that was never my intention. That's why I avoid posting about that stuff on facebook so I don't spoil anyone. Again avoid twitter in the future.

I have been spoiled over the years (not saying any names because frankly I don't remember who spoiled me) because spoilers were not properly marked as "current episode spoilers" or "stuff-that-happens-later-in-the-books spoilers". But that's just how it goes.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yeah. I just am always on Twitter/Facebook regularly throughout the day, especially if I'm at work. I'm not used to being spoiled at all, as people tend to have that 1-2 week rule regarding tv show/game spoilers. Ah well, it was a damn good episode and very, very gratifying.

Lex

Administrator
So I finally watched everything I've missed (I stopped watching halfway through season 2 due to the extreme book ignorance that went on for like 1-3 episodes) but I enjoyed getting caught up.

I've read past this point, but man did the show do justice to a lot of the big moments. Especially this past episode. I love Tyrion but I'm still super jaded by the extreme fangasming everyone does over him, people really need to get over that juvenile awkwardness. Yes, he's a cool character with awesome quotes. He is not god.

Anyway, I'm finally inspired enough to continue reading where I left off. Which is somewhere around the middle of A Feast for Crows. I think :/

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Anyway, I'm finally inspired enough to continue reading where I left off. Which is somewhere around the middle of A Feast for Crows. I think :/

Should I attempt to dive into the books?

Also, general recommendations on watching the show & reading after Vs. reading first and then watching?

X :neo:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Be weary of books 4 & 5. I found myself backtracking through pages upon pages of those books because I lost interest while reading and zoned out. The books and the show in comparison to each other take different paths in the same direction. Both are spectacular and the plot is ultimately the same, though events happen in different ways.

I've been impressed by the show so far but there are small details that have been left out for apparent aesthetic reasons. For example (off the top of my head):

Peter Dinklage is a handsome Tyrion. In the book, he's quite grotesque, with different colored eyes. The scar he receives during the blackwater fight leaves him really fucked up; in the show its a small scratch in comparrison to the book. He also shows Sansa his cock in an attempt to consummate their marriage but gives up when he sees how much she doesn't want it. :wacky:

Daario Naharis looks nothing like he does in the book. He should have a forked, colorful beard, and I think I recall blonde hair and a gold tooth...Gosh I can't recall the precise details but I remember he has a really wacky look. He's not my favorite character so I wasn't at all disappointed in the change...

And the list goes on and on.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
^We were just talking about that second bit in particular the night of the premiere.

Non-spoiler opinion of the books: I utterly loathe Bran chapters. Great googa mooga how can anyone in his circumstances be this boring? The rest is fantastic (book four is my favorite so far, but I'm only about a third of the way through 5).

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Re: Bran...There is some interesting stuff in there and some fun history about the Targaryens in the later chapters but everything leading up to the fun facts is muuuurder. To be quite fair, every character has his or her share of boring meaningless drabble.
I'm more interested in finding out what happened to Rickon, Osha, and Shaggydog.

I really need to reread these books...:/

Top Bottom