Game of Thrones

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
:monster:

I was imagining the pronounciation to be more like the Dutch one though. Google Translate's text-to-speech comes close: http://translate.google.com/#ru/nl/hodor.

also, obligatory book spoilers:

IzGdpkK.jpg

also, statistics

Hodor.jpg

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
My friend informed me before I watched the show "don't worry what happens in the new episode doesnt happen in the book. you'll know what it is when you see it" THE SCENE BETWEEN JAIME AND CERESI.... is what I guess and I was RIGHT. I have no idea why the fuck the show had to turn it into a rape scene. It'd still be fucked up while being consensual but they literally chose to ADD rape. smh

otherwise though very good episode a plus uvu

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
no that's not that far from what happened in the book

except that SHE forced HIM in the book

Lex

Administrator
^That's kind of an important distinction isn't it? :/

Anyway,
that last scene was phenomenal 0_0.

If I were to guess, they switched the rape victim because at this point many will be rooting for Jaime and most will feel very little sympathy for Cersei. With this switch I think the directors' intent were to balance the scales and make us like Jaime a bit less and feel more sympathy for Cersei. That's just my guess.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I don't really give a shit why they switched it from the books. It's still stupid and completely out of character for Jaime.
If they thought Cersei would be too unsympathetic they could have just made it not a rape scene.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
^Going with what Aaron said,
Jaime is many things but he is not a rapist. Is one of the things he absolutely abhors, is one of the reasons why he hated the Mad King because he had to listen to him rape and brutalize Rhaella.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
no that's not that far from what happened in the book

except that SHE forced HIM in the book

I know it happens in the book but I know he doesn't rape her in the book. THEY'RE TRYING TO RUIN JAIME'S CHARACTER FOR ME but knowing this doesn't happen in the book doesn't ruin him as one of my favorites. uvu I mean it's still fucked up even without him being the rapist but yeeeah like Aaron said HOW OOC SERIOUSLY

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
tl;dr
they're changing shit from the book and they shouldn't, and I fail to see the reason. They should write a book or do a special or something about all the changes they made and explain them, imo. I don't mind the odd actor swap, but asdf.

Also, I pictured Jaime to still be bald, bearded and gruff at this stage in the book, a shame they turned him back to pretty boy in the series, :monster:

edit: also
l1V8CpT.jpg
:monster:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Well I now know what is going to be the only thing people talk about this season.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Think Dinklage ever got on his back in an attempt to run Barter Town?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
twitter said:
They need to fire last nights director. He said that the rape scene was one of his favorite scenes he's ever done. He also said it "turned consensual" in the end. Um, if it didn't start as consensual then it can't be considered consensual.

if thats true that's srsly fucked up

Top Bottom