Game of Thrones

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
SO WHAT THE FUCK YOU GUYS

Season three episode three

They cut off Jaime's hand and then play rock music???

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Probably somewhere in the middle-east, there should be plenty of stable locations left :monster:. Alternatively, African desert. Alternatively, 'Murcan deserts, :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
JV8bbhj.jpg

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay so first things first.

I really love Tyrion. Even though he was a drunken mess I think he handled
his wedding to Sansa
with class. He's just a nice guy deep down beneath it all. <3 If only one character survives this series, I hope it's him.

I also like how Jon Snow developed a personality when he met Ygritte. I mean, he is the hottest thing on this show but he was kind of boring before.

Anyway then so I'm gonna go watch the Red Wedding now toodles. ~

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Tyrion wasn't actually a drunken mess though, he exaggerated his condition so he could get away with what he said to Joffrey and get out of the festivities as soon as possible.

Did you looked up spoilers to find out what the Red Wedding is? :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well yeah, he exaggerated later, but he still had have quite a bit of wine beforehand as well.

And I knew that
important characters died in an extremely bloody fashion.
That was all. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Here Tenny have a hilarious reaction compilation:

And George R.R. Martin watching reactions:

:monster:

Ghost X

From what I'm reading from popular and seemingly well-constructed fan theories, which seem to network nicely together (which to me makes them more convincing :P), the end is going to be pretty fucking horrific (in a good way :awesome:). If the fan theories are wrong, I hope GRRM can do something even better. I hate when fan theories are so much better than the reality.

If they are all (or mostly) true, does anyone think they know of a story better weaved than this one? If so, do tell :awesome:. I'm no reader, so there could be plenty :P. Mention one at least :P.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Just finished re-reading Clash of Kings! :D

I'm wondering what to make of this...
In the final chapter (Bran's POV), while he's inside of Summer, Bran sees this:

"The smoke and ash clouded his eyes, and in the sky he saw a great winged snake whose roar was a river of flame."

When Bran is inside of Summer, he sees things as a wolf might see them. E.g. in the same paragraph, he sees a "pile of man-rock" (which is probably the crumbling walls of Winterfell). Because as a wolf, he has no comprehension of what architecture is and a crumbled wall is just a pile of man-rock, no matter which part of the castle it fell from.

The things that summer sees may be open to interpretation because as a wolf, he sees things in a very literal sense. He compares the unknown to things that he does know. He knows what the following things are, in order to make the comparrison between what he knows and what he saw: wings, snakes, roaring noise, rivers, flames.

What could he have seen in the sky over Winterfell that looked like a snake with wings that roars fire?

Because his eyes were clouded by smoke and ash, I assume he only saw a vague outline of this flying snake creature. And despite what Summer saw, Bran doesn't raise any questions about it when he returns to his own body a few moments later. Maybe because Summer didn't think too much of it, Bran didn't either...?

I'm inclined to believe that what Bran sees through Summer is literal, whereas what he sees in his dreams is greenseeing. Of course what Summer saw sounds a lot like a dragon. While the size of the creature is not indicated, his roar was a river of flame, indicating that it was large enough. It wasn't a trickling stream of flame...

If it is a dragon, perhaps it woke during the burning of Winterfell? It can't be that a dragon's egg hidden away at Winterfell somehow hatched in the flames and carnage because as we've seen with Dany's dragons, they can't fly as hatchlings. Is it possible that there was a dormant dragon somewhere in the area that awoke during the devastation?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Just finished re-reading Clash of Kings! :D

I'm wondering what to make of this...
In the final chapter (Bran's POV), while he's inside of Summer, Bran sees this:

"The smoke and ash clouded his eyes, and in the sky he saw a great winged snake whose roar was a river of flame."

When Bran is inside of Summer, he sees things as a wolf might see them. E.g. in the same paragraph, he sees a "pile of man-rock" (which is probably the crumbling walls of Winterfell). Because as a wolf, he has no comprehension of what architecture is and a crumbled wall is just a pile of man-rock, no matter which part of the castle it fell from.

The things that summer sees may be open to interpretation because as a wolf, he sees things in a very literal sense. He compares the unknown to things that he does know. He knows what the following things are, in order to make the comparrison between what he knows and what he saw: wings, snakes, roaring noise, rivers, flames.

What could he have seen in the sky over Winterfell that looked like a snake with wings that roars fire?

Because his eyes were clouded by smoke and ash, I assume he only saw a vague outline of this flying snake creature. And despite what Summer saw, Bran doesn't raise any questions about it when he returns to his own body a few moments later. Maybe because Summer didn't think too much of it, Bran didn't either...?

I'm inclined to believe that what Bran sees through Summer is literal, whereas what he sees in his dreams is greenseeing. Of course what Summer saw sounds a lot like a dragon. While the size of the creature is not indicated, his roar was a river of flame, indicating that it was large enough. It wasn't a trickling stream of flame...

If it is a dragon, perhaps it woke during the burning of Winterfell? It can't be that a dragon's egg hidden away at Winterfell somehow hatched in the flames and carnage because as we've seen with Dany's dragons, they can't fly as hatchlings. Is it possible that there was a dormant dragon somewhere in the area that awoke during the devastation?

In my mind there is no wondering; I literally cannot imagine what it can be except a dragon.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Sean Bean talks about the possibility of him making an appearance in season 5 and Jon Snow's parentage:

I could be wrong, but I think they might show flashbacks via Bran's connection to the heart trees.

Oh, yeah, yeah! And I'm his father, so that would be great fun! Just to go back to that for a while, it would be such fun to do. It would be great! It would be bizarre, but it would be great! So I guess if they're going to do flashbacks, then yeah!

Well, it's just my theory ...

But it's a good theory! And that should happen, shouldn't it? I've definitely got some unfinished business that needs to be resolved there. I'm obviously not Jon Snow's dad. And you need that to be revealed at some point, don't you? So Bran would kind of be the one having the flashback, and he would see Ned praying, right? And revealing those things? You never know what those guys are going to do with that. It's got to be something special. But I'm into that. I certainly would be into that. Print that! Give them a nudge. [Laughs.] Hopefully I'll get a call soon.

Last edited:

Ghost X

^Io9 put that in their spoiler section, you probably should label it a spoiler too, given it reveals an important plot point.

Top Bottom