Game of Thrones

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Renly's problem was that he was more playing at war than actually trying to be a king.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
That said, when you read A Clash of Kings, you sort of realise that none of the Baratheons would be perfect leadership material; Stannis has the brains for the job but as Ned Stark says many times, he has an utter lack of empathy for the people and would therefore almost certainly be hated by the people by the end of his reign.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i am gonna sincerely flip tables if its not lyanna and rhaegar it just makes too much sense TOO MUCH SENSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA this is gonna bother me for days

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Tbh I think Robert would have been the perfect king if only Ned's sister wasn't killed.

I guess that's an interesting hypothetical; but even Robert himself admits that he's of a warlike disposition and was always far better at taking the throne than keeping it, and that he feels uncomfortable being cooped up on the Iron Throne.

He probably would have been a better king with Lyanna at his side, no doubt. But then again happy endings aren't supposed to exist in R.R Martin's work. :awesome:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Robert didn't give enough of a shit about the day-to-day tedium of ruling to be a good ruler. That wouldn't have mattered so much given the fact that he appointed two very capable people to be his Hands, but the problem was that he never listened to them. It's only through pure luck that
his attempt to assassinate Daenerys
didn't end up with the entire continent being pillaged, for example.

Renly is extremely vain, but he does at least appear to give a shit about the welfare of the common people, which is a major point in his favour. He still wouldn't have been a particularly capable ruler though; too naïve.

If Jon's parents aren't
Rhaegar and Lyanna
I will shit brix.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Tbh I think Robert would have been the perfect king if only Ned's sister wasn't killed.

Eh. Robert had an insatiable appetite for whoring even when he was young, something Lyanna was well aware of. Possibly one reason why she eloped with Rhaegar. And, as it was already said, Robert was a better man at winning a crown than wearing one. I can still see him living a life of debauchery, even with Lyanna by his side, and ending up in the Lannister's pockets.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Stannis doesn't look as much of a douchebag as he should

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Wait... Premier April 1st?

I imagine there's going to be much controversy on the boards about what exactly happened with all the jokes running during that day. XD

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
what am i going to do with myself until april

the answer: watch this trailer over and over until my eyes bleed

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
nzhhg8.gif

Also...
There wasn't any scene between Catelyn and Littlefinger in Book 2, was there?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
(in response to spoiler) No there wasn't. I assume that was either edited sneakily or they added something in because of reasons. I would be fine either way, nothing fucking else happens in Clash of Kings.

edit: comparitively to the smorgasbord of real-ness that is Storm of Swords.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
(in response to spoiler) No there wasn't. I assume that was either edited sneakily or they added something in because of reasons. I would be fine either way, nothing fucking else happens in Clash of Kings.

Thought as much. I have no problem with artistic license or anything, I just wanted to check.

I have a feeling the Battle of the Blackwater is gonna be a bit of a blowout due to budget issues. Can't see how they're going to manage it, considering they couldn't even cover Robb's battle against Jaime in season 1.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Thought as much. I have no problem with artistic license or anything, I just wanted to check.

They also do things chronologically as opposed to strictly POV like the books (like the Jamie/Cersei, "only ones left standing" we don't know about til book 3) which I'm happy about.

also dat margaery <3

although

i did believe while she was probably bangin', renly himself was off limits because her brother loved him

either way that scene is going to be awkward as fuuuuuck

Top Bottom