Gaming deals

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Shadow of Mordor is on sale at €7.50 on Steam atm. Good game, get it if you haven't already (and if you're into free roaming 3rd person action games. Game can get a bit repetitive though, it's based on Ubisoft's way of making games, think open world with repeated quests spread out throughout the available areas)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I digged a very old Colin McRae gaem, it was very satisfying to powerslide through the bends. Played a more recent one on the PS2 a while ago, wasn't the same, but then I'm probably spoiled with graphics. Lessee if this one's nice.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That must've been it, also beacause it was new and shit. If my memory's right, the other racing games at the time was stuff like Need for Speed and some random game I played the shit out of, err, Viper Racing or something. With vipers. Which turned into difficult to control helicopters when you entered a cheat, which was so much fun :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Rise of the Tomb Raider game is 50% off, including the season pass, on Steam until Monday. I've heard it's good and I enjoyed the 2013 reboot, but if anyone with first-hand experience of the game wants to share some thoughts, I'd appreciate it. :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ I bought it and I'll probably give it a shot sometime this week.

I also noticed that Klei Entertainment had a publisher weekend, meaning their games are on sale until the end of today. They make some brilliant games, including one of my all-time favourites, Invisible Inc, as well as Mark of the Ninja, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
...and Steam's autumn sale just started. Loads of stuff on sale and probably more to come - it usually takes a few hours for everything to "come online".

They've also launched the Steam Awards. Anyone with an account can nominate games in eight categories.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
balls, origin's support is pretty much unusable. oh well

also,

staem said:
Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
^ I bought it and I'll probably give it a shot sometime this week.

I also noticed that Klei Entertainment had a publisher weekend, meaning their games are on sale until the end of today. They make some brilliant games, including one of my all-time favourites, Invisible Inc, as well as Mark of the Ninja, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together.

RotTR is an amazing game and has also some of the best mocap performances in the videogame scene atm. Yeah, I think it's just as good as Until Dawn's stuff if not better

It's also environmentally an astoundingly pretty game which uses a lot of cool tricks to its advantage and the gameplay is rock solid

Lex

Administrator
Origin of all things has a big Christmas sale on right now, Inquisition GOTY is £15 (50% off) and The Sims 4 is £16 ish (down from £49.99).

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Curse you Lex!

I sunk YEARS of my life into Sims 3 ... and that Sims 4 offer is far too tempting to pass up... :(

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm done with the Sims series. The best thing about 3 was how much everything could be customised – Want your Sim to be wearing a wooden skirt? Sure, why not! – and I think it's pretty stupid that it's all gone from 4. The expansion pack model has always been annoying but it seems to have reached ridiculous levels now.

LGR called it "two years of meh":

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Yeah, I'm aware they've stripped everything out of it (hence why I've waited so long). But that's really not a bad deal up there.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Awesome, I can get FFXV for PC...

:crymoar:

Humble Bundle has a massive Freedom bundle on sale at the moment for $30. Unlike their regular bundles, which split the money between charity, the developers and Humble themselves, 100% of the money from this one goes to charity.

$30 is a lot for a bundle but there are some cracking games in there. Stardew Valley, Invisible Inc, Guacamelee, Mini Metro, The Stanley Parable, The Witness, and much more. Some of the games sell for more than $30 on their own on Steam. They're gradually revealing more games, but a few of the existing ones are selling out to new customers, so take your pick. There's about five days left.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Square Enix's store is also having an FF sale. I almost got Tactics A2, as it was cheaper than elsewhere, but not after an $8 shipping charge, screw that noise.

I'll probably pick up the fancy FFIX port on Steam. I wish V and VI weren't so ugly/still used touchscreen menus :sigh:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Maybe not a traditional 'deal' but - Tales from the Borderlands is currently free this month for all PS Plus users.

For anybody that's played and enjoyed the Borderlands series, this is an absolute must play. It's also top quality if you just like Telltale's games.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Somewhere between the two. There's a couple of gun segments and other 'point and click' type investigating parts.

Top Bottom