General Anime Thread

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju

dang. this looks awesome, and the new outfits are just fantastic. can't wait for the online release.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Hm....I don't really relate to "regular high school student" stories anymore, but I do still watch Inuyasha....I don't know....can't knock it till I see it. ^.^

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Noragami was preeetty gooooood. Weak first half while it was still putzing around with the "rebellious protagonist" shtick (in which I really struggled to find any sympathy for the kid), but the ending and the power-plays surrounding the ending were pretty fun to watch.
Definitely a series with a lot of potential to match. gg Bones

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I just binge-watched the first season of Tokyo Ghoul. This is the kind of series I could just watch and watch and lose track of time.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Noragami was preeetty gooooood. Weak first half while it was still putzing around with the "rebellious protagonist" shtick (in which I really struggled to find any sympathy for the kid), but the ending and the power-plays surrounding the ending were pretty fun to watch.
Definitely a series with a lot of potential to match. gg Bones
I mentioned it before, it isn't groundbreaking but I had a lot of fun with it. Honestly, the next arc is the Bishamon arc and I really love that one so imma ready.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So I'm really behind on Anime and just recently starting getting into it, Netflix seems to have a pretty impressive selection at the moment.

I've watched Kill La Kill which I thought was fantastic.

I've watched all of Sword Art online, loved it got really into it and binged on it for 8 hours one evening realising then that it was nearly 4Am and I had to be up at 8 for work

I'm in the middle of Death note which I'm really enjoying but I've put that on hold and I'll probably have to rewatch it because I decided to check out Fairy Tale Last week and fell in love with it it's got some really fantastic story arcs and its absolutely hilarious in parts, I wish Netflix hadmore episodes though. Natsu is without a doubt one of my favourite ever characters in an anime.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
I mentioned it before, it isn't groundbreaking but I had a lot of fun with it. Honestly, the next arc is the Bishamon arc and I really love that one so imma ready.

get into the manga if you haven't already. she's even more awesome in there.

I just binge-watched the first season of Tokyo Ghoul. This is the kind of series I could just watch and watch and lose track of time.

my bro says it gets super retarded the next season, though. beware...
-----
also no. i will NOT believe daniel is a voice actor. http://orzzzz.com/what-these-anime-characters-share-the-same-voice-actor.html

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Last anime I picked up was Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic. That shit makes me really feel like a child again. The palette is so vibrant and lush, and the visual design is really striking. It feels like a shonen that shonens should aspire to be - where its all about the characters and the feel of a journey taking place.

Plus, the animation is fucking sickrad. It's kind of a shame that A-1's flagship series is Sword Art Online, because this feels like it has so much more heart.

Oh, and I need to finish off the second series of Psycho-Pass. I left it at a fun cliffhanger but picking up the following episode felt a little dissonant from what happened beforehand, so my interest faltered a bit.

Seriously though, fuck Shimotsuki. Fuck that bitch.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Chewbaka said:
my bro says it gets super retarded the next season, though. beware...
I actually finished watching the second season the other day and really enjoyed it. I can see where it would get a lot of criticism though, there was a hundred and one loose ends. I read up on the manga and found out that it gets batshit insane and by the look of the anime they wanted to round out an ending before the same thing happened. That much I can totally respect.

Of course this did mean that a bunch of different characters are introduced and you're thinking 'How does this guy factor into the story then...?' and then their relevant side-story is never actually shown. Still, the ending sequence was bliss.

Seriously though, fuck Shimotsuki. Fuck that bitch.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SHE HAS TO BE SO DENSE. I'm totally enjoying Pschyo Pass 2 more than I thought I would, except whenever she's on screen. Like, she seems to be there to fill the old role of Ginoza; hate the enforcers and cast aside any idea of a bigger mastermind. But the way it turns out she's just a total bitch.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'm right at the point where all the big revellayatonnes start happening so I'm still interested to see where the pain train is going whoo whoooh

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Just watched ep.8 and she becomes relatively redeemed here. Onwards, to the end of the series!

Splintered

unsavory tart
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SHE HAS TO BE SO DENSE. I'm totally enjoying Pschyo Pass 2 more than I thought I would, except whenever she's on screen. Like, she seems to be there to fill the old role of Ginoza; hate the enforcers and cast aside any idea of a bigger mastermind. But the way it turns out she's just a total bitch.
Bruh, she's such a terrible character I don't even understand. She wasn't this bad season 1 when she cameod. How can one character be so unlikable, her very presence on screen makes me full of rage and fury that I'm pretty sure I'm a latent criminal now just because of her.

Oh, and I need to finish off the second series of Psycho-Pass. I left it at a fun cliffhanger but picking up the following episode felt a little dissonant from what happened beforehand, so my interest faltered a bit.
iirc it's by a different writer, so it's much worse. It's not like the first season was perfect, but the season 2 has such plot holes larger and longer than their monologues. I enjoyed it though because it was about Akane and I adore her.

This season I'm thinking about picking up Owari no Seraph, it's being adapted by the same guys who did Attack on Titan and it shows. I ducked out of Rolling Girls pretty quickly because for as much flare it had, it felt empty, and from what I heard it does end up as a souless mess, but the studio is pretty good at adapting other people's work

The first episode was cliche, but it was a set up story and it worked to set the mood and atmosphere. It's heavy and in your face. The two things that have me backing up from it is 1> vampires and I've never liked vampire lore, even when I was young and 2> it backtracks to going to school which, I mean, school themed supernatural stuff kind of annoys me now.

Apparently it's solid enough that the school setting actually doesn't take away from it, but we'll see.

The other ones I've been eyeing are Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki. Or I'm going to try and pick up some shounens because I'm in the mood for it, and either going with Ao no Excorist or HunterxHunter (which I read the manga a long while back but stopped because the frequent hiatus by the mangaka).

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Welp just finished Psycho Pass 2 and Shimotsuki didn't suddenly become redeemable so bluh bluh huge bitch. Gief Kogami pls.

Now I'm in the market for something fresh. Still kind of reeling from the emptiness caused by having no more Tokyo Ghoul to watch. Maybe now is the time to go pick up Attack on Titan where I left it. Either that or something equally good.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
I actually finished watching the second season the other day and really enjoyed it. I can see where it would get a lot of criticism though, there was a hundred and one loose ends. I read up on the manga and found out that it gets batshit insane and by the look of the anime they wanted to round out an ending before the same thing happened. That much I can totally respect.

people do say that the manga is a bunch longer than the anime......

Of course this did mean that a bunch of different characters are introduced and you're thinking 'How does this guy factor into the story then...?' and then their relevant side-story is never actually shown. Still, the ending sequence was bliss.

i don't even think he finished it yet so...we'll see what he thinks lol

that new girl charcater? i've seen a lot of hate for her by fans but i haven't had the time to get to S2 yet...btw, do we have to look at S2 and THEN the movie, or can i see the movie first without spoiling/confusing myself?

Splintered

unsavory tart
From what I heard no, the movie and characters don't directly tie in. There's some stuff that's brought up in the second season though, like new characters and some habits
Akane "smoking." I actually don't know if she smokes, she's only seen lighting up cigarettes, some fans think she uses it as some weird incense

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Supposedly, she
uses it as some weird incense because it reminds her of Kogami, so she "gets in the mood" to think.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
didn't really read the spoilers :P

question though; do you think this season is good, at least, compared with what S1 had?

bonus: do you think there should have been a S2, do you think they did S2 well, and would you like S3 (spinoff, perhaps)?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
So far from what I've seen, Season 2 delves a little closer to the dumb fake science bullshit for my liking, so for me S1 was a much tighter experience. One of my friends got into the first show recently and really enjoyed the lack of specific 'filler' content - the narrative is always using its characters and developing them even when its not their turn to shine in the arc.
And I feel like he'd enjoy S2 a lot less because of that. There's a bit more faffing about.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I really enjoyed S2. I'll admit that the ending didn't really unstick me as much as the firsts but I really liked the direction they took with it. I suppose the only thing I wasn't happy with was the lack of secondary/tertiary character development this time around. Ginoza in particular felt like he could have just been a faceless goon and it wouldn't have affected the plot at all.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
So far from what I've seen, Season 2 delves a little closer to the dumb fake science bullshit for my liking, so for me S1 was a much tighter experience. One of my friends got into the first show recently and really enjoyed the lack of specific 'filler' content - the narrative is always using its characters and developing them even when its not their turn to shine in the arc.
And I feel like he'd enjoy S2 a lot less because of that. There's a bit more faffing about.

my friend wants to get into it also, but then again there's a lot of things he wants to get into but never has the time (or effort :P) to do it. i've got him back on track to look at more anime on his list, since i'm really not looking at animu atm so i'll be sure to get him into psycho pass. i'm sure he'll like it. who doesn't?

I really enjoyed S2. I'll admit that the ending didn't really unstick me as much as the firsts but I really liked the direction they took with it. I suppose the only thing I wasn't happy with was the lack of secondary/tertiary character development this time around. Ginoza in particular felt like he could have just been a faceless goon and it wouldn't have affected the plot at all.

ginoza?! oh no :/ i was really looking forward to him being more involved, too.....

so after all this, do you think there will be a S3 or no?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
There's potential for a S3 totally. I feel like there's plenty of space to grow as far as the plot goes, as long as it's executed well. Find a way to bring back Ko as a character and it'd be even better.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Guys have you heard this awesome manga Gangsta being adapted into an anime this July? I read the manga's chapters till 12 and they're long but the drawings are slick and pretty damn ace. Give it a look when it debuts.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16623

edit: Also a big big let down, Kekkai Sensen/Blood Blockade Battlefront is only 12 episodes long and nothing else after that. It didn't even develop too well and didn't showcase alot of the characters as I wanted it to show man...

Top Bottom