General Anime Thread

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
finished noragami. pure awesomeness. the one thing i have to complain about is that they used up way too much time following the manga and used under 5 episodes on creativity.

that....didn't turn out so well.

but i forgave them because of the awesome OVAs.

lol_zpsfe18d4f7.jpg

that's claude faustus from kuroshitsuji S2

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I watched a vouple episodes of Terraformars but that insane amount of censoring has killed it for me. Currently I'm on chapter 2 of the manga.

A while ago I recommended the anime version of "Akame Ga Kill" now I'm here to say just read the manga because the anime has skipped 10+ chapters and is heading toward a filler ending.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
just saw psycho pass ep 16.

WHAT
THE
HECK

that head-screwing plot twist at the end was just brilliant. pure brilliance (and such bravery and maturity of akane!) i hate Urobuchi right to his soul.

see, this is why i look at anime peeps :monster:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Is there a reason to why the Terraformars anime skipped the first six missions?

That stuff is important.

I just got to where episode 1 starts.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I think they're going to cram them into a few OVAs.

It did screw with my mind
I thought the guy hiding his face in his oversized collar was the guy who came back from the botched mission, not the goatee guy.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
ITS FUCKING HAPPENING

/dance

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Yea a GITS online game!!

I'm currently on chapter 25 of Terraformars and I honestly thought Michelle was going die especially since the flashbacks appeared.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Psycho-Pass-Movie-Visual.jpg

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ll-trailer-story-more-of-cast-unveiled/.81512

The official Psycho-Pass anime website began streaming a new full trailer for the upcoming Psycho-Pass film on Thursday. It also details more of the story and presents a new visual.

Woman: A foreign terrorist group that illegally entered the country. There appears to be remnants of the deputy sheriff who escaped three years ago within their brains. Request for permission to investigate outside of the country.
Akane: Yes.
Woman: You intend to handle this yourself?
Akane: I'm more than prepared.
Text: The stage moves to the globe
Woman: The top of management of Shanbura Furoto are part of the Sibyl System.
Nicholas: I am Nicholas Wong.
Akane: There's no way a Psycho Pass measured in this situation will give a proper reading!
Nicholas: If we don't get them, they'll get us.
Man: Return fire!
Soldier: Target found! Identified!
Man: Either be tamed, or give yourself up to the law out of my reach. This was once a choice given to Shogo Makishima, and it caught up to him. The same thing happened with Kōgami.
Writer Makoto Fukami (Chotto Kawaii Iron Maiden, Ōsama-tachi no Viking) had reported on his blog in July that he was writing the film's screenplay with Gen Urobuchi. Fukami had collaborated with Urobuchi on the first season of Psycho-Pass, but Tow Ubukata will handle series composition of the second.
Ling Tosite Sigure will perform the movie's theme song "Who What Who What."

The film will open in more than 100 Japanese theaters on January 9. The staff includes:

The cast includes:
Psycho-Pass-Movie-Still-1.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
They funded the pilot, at least! reached the first milestone.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Second live action Kenshin movie, Kyoto Inferno...ON YOUTUUUUUUBBBBBEEEE!!! :aah:
You can watch the first one on soul-anime.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Okay, just watched Kyoto Inferno. Some stuff:

The casting in this movie is spot on. Sojiro, Aoshi, Misau...the actors are all pretty terrific.

+ There was a brief scene of young(er) Kenshin where he had his ponytail higher up just like in the OVA. I liked this little detail.

+ I liked the music choice for the fight with Sojiro. It wasn't that chorus-y ultra dramatic garble. In fact it was rather serene.

+ The scene where Kenshin said goodbye to Kaoru wasn't as emotional and dramatic as it was in the anime. This is my only gripe. Repeat: my ONLY gripe.

+ After Kenshin won the fight against Cho (at the shrine) you could just feel him snapping out of his battousai mode. The direction in this movie is great like that.

+I got to see a little bit of Kaoru and Yahiko fighting which was pretty awesome because I thought that Kaoru was sort of a weenie (and out of character) in the first movie.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I am almost done with Hamatora. Thoughts on that later maybe.

+ The scene where Kenshin said goodbye to Kaoru wasn't as emotional and dramatic as it was in the anime. This is my only gripe. Repeat: my ONLY gripe.

I can see that. To be fair, even the manga version wasn't as powerful. The anime nailed it.

ALSO ARE YOU READY FOLKS

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JoJo ED: Took me awhile to adjust to it, but I like it. They promised Holy Diver tho.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-alone-complex-theme-singer-origa-passes-away

Sources close to the Russian born singer confirm that Olga Yakovleva, better known as Orika, passed away on January 17th after a battle with cancer. The 44 year old was best known to anime watchers for her collaborations with composer Yoko Kanno on the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series. She also worked on the Fantastic Children TV anime and Studio 4°C movie Princess Arete.

Following studies at Novosibirsk Specialized Music School (1986-1990), Orika visited Sapporo as part of a cultral exchange, and ended up signing a contract that lead to the recording of her first albun in Tokyo in 1994.

Man what an appropriately awfully-prepared news article for such awful news >:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Finished Hamatora. I see the X-Men angle.

Now I am off to finish Baccano. Pretty spooky stuff. O_o That Rail Chaser.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I watched the third Rurouni Kenshin live action movie last night: The Legend Ends. I saw it on youtube and the english subtitle/translations were terrible. I was unable to make out about 60-70% of the dialogue because the sentences were basically just words in english sitting next to each other. :wacky:

+ The actress who plays Misao is better than all of the other female actresses. She is highly expressive, and she fits the roll to a T. There was a scene where she was hugging her grandfather as he died and her display of emotion actually brought a tear to my eye.

+ The intro scene in the third movie was basically the scene where Shindo became Kenshin (when Hiko found him). This was one of my favorite scenes from the compilation because it gives us some insight on Kenshin's past and I'm glad the live action movie included it.

+ Hiko's dwelling was full of pottery, and I'm glad that they went to such lengths to include fine details like that . :wacky:

+ This, the third movie, was much less light hearted than the previous two movies. I mean...all three of them were serious, but The Legend Ends has no funny "orororo's" or any such thing. I liked this though; the anime was very fun and laughable, however the darker tone of the third movie was appropriate considering the events that happened within.

+ There was a scene where Aoshi kicked Misao in the stomach and sent her skidding across the ground. I really loved this scene because it portrayed what a demon Aoshi really is.

+ Kaoru is basically just a secondary character in this movie...Yahiko played even less of a roll than Kaoru did. :[

+ A lot of the villains made what I'll call "cameo" appearances (because they were not mentioned by name, but they were immediately recognizable). When I thought for sure that I'd seen seen the last of the villains...Anji made an appearance...fucking awesome. :D

+ Yumi died just the way I was expecting her to. I'm glad this didn't change.

+ The actor who played Sojiro was...oh...probably just as good as the actress who played Misao.

+ Shishio met his end by fire, which I was expecting...but I have to say that if you're someone who hasn't seen the anime or read the manga, this is one of those scenes that will make you scratch your head because the live action movie made no mention of his inability to sweat, his high body heat, etc....although this could have just been a translation problem. During the fight with Shishio, we see Yumi frantically gazing at a pocket watch; another fine detail that (thankfully) wasn't missed. :]

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Okay, I'm getting pretty irritated because I want to watch Rurouni Kenshin from start to finish but it's annoying trying to watch it on youtube. I spent the better half of my evening trying to find seasons 1 & 2 (the ones I care about) plus the OVAs on ebay at a reasonable price and...and...IDGAF anymore (for the time being). I'm sure I'll care again when I get sober. :neo:

So here's my question to you, anime lovers...
These are the anime that I actually own (so nothing will get in the way of me watching them) that I have never watched. Please help me decide which is best and which I should watch:

+ Sailor Moon
+ Sailor Moon S
+ Ghost in the Shell: SAC
+ Ergo Proxy
+ Tenchi Muyo
+ Basilisk
+ Claymore

CHOOSE FOR ME PLEASEjasklfdjklsjd! :reptar:

Also, help me choose what to spend my leftover Christmas money on. I really enjoyed the Story of Saiunkoku, so I'm going to scout for that. I'm also looking to buy Blood + and Rurouni Kenshin (as I mentioned). So, aside from the titles that I mentioned, what animes should I invest my money in? :|

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
Okay, I'm getting pretty irritated because I want to watch Rurouni Kenshin from start to finish but it's annoying trying to watch it on youtube. I spent the better half of my evening trying to find seasons 1 & 2 (the ones I care about) plus the OVAs on ebay at a reasonable price and...and...IDGAF anymore (for the time being). I'm sure I'll care again when I get sober. :neo:

So here's my question to you, anime lovers...
These are the anime that I actually own (so nothing will get in the way of me watching them) that I have never watched. Please help me decide which is best and which I should watch:

+ Sailor Moon
+ Sailor Moon S
+ Ghost in the Shell: SAC
+ Ergo Proxy
+ Tenchi Muyo
+ Basilisk
+ Claymore

CHOOSE FOR ME PLEASEjasklfdjklsjd! :reptar:

Also, help me choose what to spend my leftover Christmas money on. I really enjoyed the Story of Saiunkoku, so I'm going to scout for that. I'm also looking to buy Blood + and Rurouni Kenshin (as I mentioned). So, aside from the titles that I mentioned, what animes should I invest my money in? :|

You're better off reading the manga because after a certain episode it goes in anime only territory.

Regarding the Samurai X(Rurouni Kenshin) OVAs just check out "Trust & Betrayal" I've heard and from what little i've seen of reflections it wasn't very good.

Are you into "dark" anime?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Something has been gnawing at me for quite sometime, there are MMO animes like Sword Art Online, Log Horizon and .Hack but are there any animes about MOBA games? MOBA, Mulitplayer Online Battle Arena like Dota 2 and League of Legends are rampant in the world of gaming but has there been an anime about this genre yet? If so, point it to me please! ;D

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Closest I've seen is a Dungeon & Fighter/Arad Senki adaptation.

Top Bottom