General Anime Thread

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Terror in Resonance (Terror in Tokyo) PV:

Shinichiro Watanabe directing and Yoko Kanno scoring? Sold.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
10525775_662089760539546_1984804254509260806_n_zps3fa7eac1.jpg

(please excuse the quality of the last picture :P
also i had no idea that was ciel until someone said so. he has brown hair and green-like eyes so he was unrecognizable to me. i thought it was some boy from highschool dxd or something :T)

so there was a whole lot of commotion two days ago, the day the first episode of kuroshitsuij aired. it was planned to air on livestream with english subs to all countries besides india, china, and korea. which leaves Canada, Central America, South America, UK, Ireland, Iceland, South Africa the whole Oceania, Australia, New Zealand etc. all EXCEPT for the US and canada, that is. they had to wait an entire new week to get their livestreamed episode. funimation decided to air it that day and every thursday throughout until it ended, but you had to pay some money for it, of course. if you wanted to look at it on their free stream, you had to wait two weeks for that.

of course there was no way anyone could wait that long, so the fans who were able to see the episode (by funimation or elsewhere) captured it and put it up online. that simple ;D

i havent watched it yet (i have literally seen one second and a picture shot), but its gotten mixed reviews. i think i'll (probably) put up a small review next week, if i feel like it.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
So I find out Crunchyroll did a stealth airing of the first 3 Stardust Crusaders episodes in dubbed form, but I missed it. :sadpanda:

From what I understand it's:

Dio: Patrick Seitz
Jotaro: Matthew Mercer
Joseph: Richard Epcar
Kakyoin: Kyle Hebert

In related news Hol Horse's theme is the bossest track in this OST. Can't wait for the release. Also found out Yoko Kanno composed all the music for this arc.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Oh wait nah, that's Yuugo Kanno :monster: He's a good composer (worked the music for PSYCHO-PASS, actually) but he's definitely no Yoko Kanno.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Oh okay, that makes sense. This is what happens when I speed read and don't look back. :D

I've only heard a bit of psycho pass for now, so I didn't make the connection. She might show up anyway because I think they're choosing a different composer for each arc.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Oh my god this is amazing

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...t-version-canceled-due-to-similar-murder-case

The official site and Twitter account for the Psycho-Pass anime project today announced that the broadcast of the 4th chapter of the on-going "New Edit Version" of the first TV anime, which was originally scheduled for tonight on July 31, is canceled. The 5th chapter is moved up instead. While the site simply says, "due to schedule reasons," their Twitter account explains more specifically:

"It is decided that the content of the 4th chapter of 'Psycho-Pass: New Edit Version,' which was scheduled to be aired this week, is not appropriate to air in the current situation, so we have moved up the 5th episode instead. We ask for your kind understanding. There is no plan for the episode to be aired in the future."

They doesn't mention directly, but it is obvious that this decision is caused by the recent murder case by a 16-year-old high school girl in Sasebo-city, Nagasaki Prefecture. According to the police, the girl, who had lived alone after her mother's death and father's second marriage, killed her female 15-year-old classmate at her apartment on Saturday. She hit the victim's head with hammers more than 10 times and strangled her as well. Then she cut off her friend's head and left hand with a 25cm-long saw. The police discovered the dismembered body on a bed. She reportedly told investigators that she wanted to dissect someone.
The 4th chapter of Psycho-Pass: New Edit Version includes a similar crime case involving teenage girls.

ugh, that's something terrible. Also brings attention to the way we need to approach the psychology of criminals irl

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
K-Kars! (!!!)

DSSob2a.jpg

Also Stardust Crusaders OST is out and it has the

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
... He was talking about the composer for Stardust Crusaders, not Terror in Resonance :monster:

Of course I know Yoko Kanno worked on Terror in Resonance, it's half the reason I got hyped up over it (The other half is Shinichiro Watanabe :wacky:)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Space Dandy Episode 20 Summary
This is the quality that Space Dandy has stayed at for the last month - yet the subject material is always fresh and different from episode to episode. It's not always a masterpiece, but it runs the full gamut of genres in anime like almost no anime series I know of has ever done before, and it's an astounding series that really deserves appreciation.​

(.gifs trawled from Tumblr)

tumblr_nagbuo56Au1r2rp33o1_500.gif

tumblr_nagbuo56Au1r2rp33o2_500.gif
tumblr_nagm31nHG01rkmmhio1_500.gif
tumblr_najecxWrEq1rtg3mko1_500.gif
tumblr_najecxWrEq1rtg3mko2_500.gif

JP: Junichi Sawabe, Hiroshi Kamiya​

EN: Ian Sinclair, Johnny Yong Bosch

tumblr_nagi78b6HY1r2rp33o3_500.gif

tumblr_nagi78b6HY1r2rp33o4_500.gif

tumblr_nagi78b6HY1r2rp33o6_500.gif

tumblr_nagis6cQbE1rqh4g8o1_400.gif

tumblr_nagis6cQbE1rqh4g8o2_500.gif

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Science, bitch(?)

http://brickme.tumblr.com/post/94237039468/why-magical-girls-are-never-attacked-during-a

As some of you might already have guessed, I’m a fan of Japanese girl idols. One of the many, many idol groups in existence today in Japan is NMB48, a Osaka-based spin-off group of the (in)famous AKB48. NMB has a weekly show that’s surprisingly entertaining as well as educational called NMB to Manabu-kun, in which the members of NMB and a few comedians listen to guest lectures by experts in various fields.

Question: The transformation scenes in Pretty Cure are very long, so why don’t the bad guys attack the girls in the meantime?

"Even when I was little, I was thinking ‘Hey! Attack them now!’"

"I found this odd as well, so I watched the transformation scene many times. And what I noticed is, when the Pretty Cures yell ‘Dual Aurora Wave!’ and transform, a rainbow-colored column of light shoots up from the ground, going BOOM!"

"And then the Pretty Cures levitate, and go up into the air. Based on this, I believe the protagonists of Pretty Cure are being held up in the air by the power of light.”
"When we think of light, we usually think it heats up things or lights up things. But in reality, light has the power to hold up things as well."

"When the sun is beating down on us in the summer, the human body is being pressed downwards by the sun beams with a force of 2/100,000g.
But this is only about a one-hundred of the weight of a mosquito, so no matter how hot it is, we don’t feel that sunlight is heavy."

"So that means the light holding them up must be extremely strong. If we assume that the two Pretty Cures each weigh about 45kg and do some calculations…”

tumblr_inline_na17z7bzh71sots0h.jpg

"It means the light during the transformation must have the energy of 2,100,000,000kW per 1m2. While the entirety of power that Japan is capable of generating is only 100,000,000kW. So they’re using 21 TIMES the amount of energy the whole of Japan can generate.”

"So what would happen if a bad guy jumped in to try to sabotage their transformation?"

tumblr_inline_na18pvojOT1sots0h.jpg

"He would EVAPORATE INSTANTLY.”

tumblr_inline_na18rkHxsw1sots0h.jpg

DEATH AWAITS ANYONE WHO DARES TO DISRUPT A PRETTY CURE TRANSFORMATION."

I caught up with Space Dandy and have been watching it regularly. I'm glad it got a second season. The episodes can be kind of hit or miss, but they all have their moments and it's cool how different it can be from episode to episode. The dub is also really good.

I've also been watching Blue Blazes, which isn't anime, but it's based on a manga by Kazuhiko Shimamoto and it's kind of about anime. It's apparently semi-autobiographical and based in part on the author's art school days (it's set in the '80s). The main character is an overconfident art student who's really into anime and manga. Hideaki Anno (along with other future industry figures who went to the same university) is also a character in it

tumblr_inline_nan16bSi7f1qb30ta.jpg

The MC sees him as his archrival. :monster: There's also a dude that constantly quotes Char from Gundam in it. Some of the references go over my head, but it's still hilarious.

Also there's (finally) been a bit more information about Ikuhara's new anime project (though still no preview; looks like the official site has countdown dates around the hexagon). I prefer the more flamboyantly shoujo look that Utena and Penguindrum had over Morishima's style, but I'm still really hyped. I'd never heard of the studio producing it, and I guess some people are worried about it, but I doubt it'll be an issue - Ikuhara's a top notch director and always seems to be able to get the most out of his staff.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

An anime science fiction action thriller that will explore what it means to live and die well, testing the limits of all we hold dear

Project Specs:

• One 24 minute episode
  • IF we meet our stretch goals we will also include the additional two episodes or the feature film! (see stretch goals for details)
  • Japanese Voice-Over
  • Professional English subtitles
  • Professional German subtitles
  • Digital files will be in .mov and stereo .wav (48KHz/24bit)
  • Audio is recorded at 48KHz/24bit 2.0 channel stereo and 5.1 surround sound
  • The Soundtrack CD will be at 44KHz/16bit.
  • Backers who pledge at the $20 reward tier and higher will also have digital access to any future Under the Dog animations that we produce. That means if we fund here and only create the 24 min. OVA, if we go on (as we plan to) to make a film or trilogy of films, then the backers who pledged here for $20 or more will also be able to download those films!
  • Add-ons: Backers who pledge at the $60 reward tier and higher will have the option to add additional basic, unsigned items: $30 BD/DVD * $30 OST * $10 Challenge Coin * $55 Art Book * $30 t-shirt * $15 Unsigned Poster * $25 Storyboard * $25 Music Score * $25 Script * $200 Anthea 1/8 Figurine (Expensive because low volume print) * $100 Foldable Utility Box.
  • For Add-ons: Simply pledge at the $60 tier or higher and then add any additional amount for the desired items listed. When the KS is over we will send a survey to inquire how you would like the extra funds distributed.
日本の方はこちらから

First, a word from Hideo Kojima

Japanese game director, writer, producer and designer originally employed at Konami. He is the director of Kojima Productions and was promoted to Vice President of Konami Digital Entertainment in early 2011. His previous positions include being vice president of Konami Computer Entertainment Japan.

He is the creator, director and writer of a number of successful video games, including the Metal Gear series of stealth games and the adventure games Snatcher and Policenauts, and he also produced series such as Zone of the Enders, Boktai and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Kojima is consistently named by fans and industry experts alike as being one of the most influential and innovative video game directors and writers in the industry.

小島秀夫(こじま ひでお)
株式会社コナミデジタルエンタテインメント エグゼクティブコンテンツオフィサー 小島プロダクション監督

Hideo Kojima announced today his very moving and humbling endorsement of the Under the Dog anime Kickstarter project. We are honored to receive such words.

Japanese

ネットの浸透と共に、「物創り」とその制作における「資金調達」の仕組みも大きく変 化してきた。

旧来の出資者やクライアントに縛られない、創り手(クリエーター)と世界中の消費者(ユ ーザー)がダイレクトにやりとりをする新しい「物創り」の形態が今、盛んに試されてい る。そんな中、一企業戦士(サラリーマン)として、数々の名作アドベンチャー・ゲームを 世に送り出してきた鬼才イシイジロウが、「物創り」の未来を問う挑戦を始めた。
イシイジロウの原作を基とするインディーズアニメ「UNDER THE DOG」のクラウドファン ディングである。

これは注目せずにはいられない。応援せずにはいられない。特にカルトな人気を誇るクリエ ーターが商業ベースとは異なる「物創り」でどう化学変化を起こすのか?ここに期待せず にはいられない。

イシイジロウのインディーズ参戦は、これからの「物創り」を方向付けるだけではなく、 同時に「ゲームデザイナーがストーリーテラーとしても世界に通用するかどうか?」の宣言 でもあるのだ。

English

“Coming with the permeation of the internet [in our daily lives], “creating” and a production’s “financing” structure have changed significantly.

Now, new methods of “creating” are being put to the test, where direct communication between the creator and the global user has become the norm and the creator is not bound by the former traditional investor or clientele. In such circumstances right now, a writer with remarkable talent, Jiro Ishii, who brought to the world numerous renowned adventure games during his “salary man” days, has now taken up the torch in order to challenge the traditions and establish this new future of “creating.” This is “Under the Dog,” the crowdfunding effort for an indie anime based on Jiro Ishii’s original story.

One cannot help but pay close attention to this project. One cannot help but cheer on this project. In particular, how can this creator who garners cult-like popularity catalyze a new chemical reaction [in the industry] by putting an emphasis on “creating,” which stands apart from the typical commercial oriented projects? One cannot help but look forward to this succeeding.

Jiro Ishii’s indie challenge will not only change the path for “creating,” but at the same time declare the answer for the question: Can game designers be accepted by the world as storytellers in [other mediums] as well?”

tl;dr high-budget anime, independently made. Throw some money at it folks :monster:

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
... He was talking about the composer for Stardust Crusaders, not Terror in Resonance :monster:

Of course I know Yoko Kanno worked on Terror in Resonance, it's half the reason I got hyped up over it (The other half is Shinichiro Watanabe :wacky:)

Ah, sorry. I must have misread the conversation.:huh:

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
S.D. looks so freaking funny. and i think thats the reason why i'm a little hesitant on not looking at it. its so weird for anime to turn into the american cartoon, you know? but i know i will be cracking the heck up at it :P

OKAAAAAY so
but thats only on YT. nine is out on any ol' anime website you go to ;P

as for the ridiculously late review, i really couldnt have said anything on ep 1. it was technically filler (ok it was) and hugely reminiscent of S1's first episode (man thinks he can overcome little boy, plans to kill/humiliate/take him down but it falls horribly wrong) so no storyline started.

review_zps8220945a.png

i think that may be why i kinda fell off of the review. anyway the 1st ep is basically a introduction to newcomers of what characters you will be meeting because of some very important things that will change about them later on. it was done fairly well, but S1's was better imo.

as for the ones that count, yes, they were very well done, and followed(s) the manga stupendously - unlike tokyo ghoul, which some fans say the anime doesnt follow very well. maybe they were careful to because of the S2 mistake, i dont know, but it was an enjoyment. the cast could return, with Maaya again bringing to life of my favorite character, Phantomhive. (fun fact, Yuuki/Yuki Kaji is the voice of
162060_181927235177555_4267983_n_zps57fef0b5.jpg
, the youngest servant, and if you recognize this VA's name, you would know that he also does the voice of Eren from SnK [as well as a ton of other memorable anime characters, such as Yukine from Noragami and Shino from No.6.])

my favorite would have to be episode 4 - they added some little anime moment about what the circus people really do. its a bit violent for my tastes but it was pretty cool. my favorite parts in there would have to be of ciel and freckles.

review_zps0647a07e.png

the OST....its good, but really would have preferred the man who did the previous seasons. but i'm not really complaining here. there are some songs i really do like.

i havent really looked at anything past 5, but from some snips i have seen, it only gets better. since i have read this arc before seeing it, its good to get people's first-looks feelings on it, and all of them are absolutely loving the 2 1/2 month ride (only ten eps)

basically thats all for now until i can get my eyes on some more episodes. it wasnt meant to be an NYT review, just how i felt on it all ;P

also just a shout out to Yoshihiro Togashi: i absolutely love the remake of hunterxhunter, its so dang good. i enjoy it everytime. so addicting! :D

P.S. first anime recommendation:
LastExile_DVD_vol1_cover_zps02ea8875.jpg

LastExilefull1001031_zpsab7c4482.jpg

Last_Exile_by_Twilight_Aura_zps47c95d08.jpg

its not a really well known anime (in fact i completely forgot how i found out about it) but is a well done anime.

on Gonzo's 10th b-day it decided to make this anime, which means there isnt a book on it. and if there is it wasnt firstly made. Claus and Lavi are two tweenage friends, and their dream is to do something that their fathers couldnt do (i completely forget what is is atm so sorry, but i do know that they want to soar their ship higher than their dads did). then they get a mission to deliver this girl to a specific ship later on in the show, and that's where it all starts.

its really good if you want a short enjoyable show. my only complaints are that they needed more physical fighting and more time to flesh it out a bit more.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
any ol' anime website you go to
Fansubs :monster:

[SIZE=+1]Space Dandy Episode 21 - A World With No Sadness, Baby (aka Shinichiro Watanabe God-Tier Status Reconfirmed)[/SIZE]

NHi4XvB.jpg

This show is too important to ignore now. People who dig anime need to pay attention to this.​

It was easy to assume at the beginning that this show would be nothing but a linear, random series of throwaway chucklefucks that people could at best roll their eyes at and go, "Oh, Watanabe. We get it! You dig your American audiences so much that you'd go out of your way to make a show entirely catered to American tastes. Tits and ass and one-liner laughs." And sometimes, that's entirely the case.

But what we've really been given is a true love letter to a huge gamut of anime sub-genres. I love my share of long-running shonen action shows (though admittedly probably a lot less than what many on the forum might), and moeblobs like those in K-On! are somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine. Balls-out action seinen like Black Lagoon and Hellsing are firmly in my camp as well. But Space Dandy, for better or worse, has managed to touch upon many of these with its weekly themes and messages.

And then it delivers an episode such as this, as it has sometimes done in the season previously. Something that continues to remind us that anime, as a medium, can not only deliver by-the-books, enjoyable entertainment (which is perfectly valid), but also a viewing experience that is profound and thoughtful.

This episode dealt with specific themes of death in a very abstract way. From the very beginning, the visuals and the symbolism is heavy and dense - for plenty viewers, maybe a little too confusing, abstract and meandering. But at the very least, there's absolutely no denying how stunning the art is in Space Dandy. The palette is simply amazing, and the sheer creativity in the work does credit to everyone working at Bones Studio.

0uHNStY.jpg
ImTNB5e.jpg

56mbrsh.jpg
5nrzaXa.jpg

8tDwd9a.jpg
btOeVjn.jpg

MnPsxBn.jpg
QyIMi9d.jpg

tumblr_nb9y5qx5hJ1qmtlmeo1_250.gif
tumblr_nb9y5qx5hJ1qmtlmeo2_250.gif

tumblr_nb9y5qx5hJ1qmtlmeo3_250.gif
tumblr_nb9y5qx5hJ1qmtlmeo4_250.gif

The music in this episode is a lot more mellow to reflect the themes as well (done by a Japanese prog rock band called OGRE YOU ASSHOLE [sic :monster:]). The first half of this piece appears to be a banjo or guitar cover of Pavane pour une infante défunte, originally composed by classical French composer Maurice Ravel. Though the origins of the piece title (which translates roughly to "Dance for a dead princess") itself came from whatever sounded cool at the time, it takes on a little deeper meaning in the context of the episode...

Q9nobZe.jpg
6IDUob9.jpg

ly07NCX.gif
MBDcdLJ.gif

jimIZme.jpg
fOACzwX.jpg

ru9jE2l.jpg
543MqAK.jpg

Ah80FaB.jpg
XbB7pVO.jpg

As above, I got some vibes that distinctly reminded me of Guillermo del Toro's direction (with some obvious cues above :monster:). Perhaps not so much with the same level of metaphor and higher-level psychological mysticism, but with the same theme of abstract, beautiful yet dark and brooding theatre and spectacle.

You have to see it to feel it. I've looked around online and there are a million theories as to what this part means.

tq7fk0v.jpg
k3HVm4O.jpg

ih1CpeO.jpg
IJv5U9A.jpg

8Ix6z27.jpg
WTjgvpo.jpg

tl;dr In any case, those who dismissed Space Dandy early on are seriously missing out. It is making a serious contention as something culturally significant - at the very least, it's challenging the norms of anime that many consumers have settled into. I firmly believe that this is an Anime of the Year contender - it is an outlet for pure creativity and sends a strong message to the industry that the medium has plenty of breathing space to be something truly great, in all aspects and sub-genres.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Space Dandy is pretty awesome, Shinichiro Watanabe is really dipping his hands into all the different types of animation genres he can with this series. I think this Anime News Network reviewer sums up really well what Watanabe is doing with Space Dandy (and Terror in Resonance) in this review excerpt:
On a visual level, Terror in Resonance is the outstanding show of the season. It's funny that Shinichiro Watanabe is heading Space Dandy at the same time as this because the two shows are polar approaches to animation. Space Dandy takes Dandy and co. to the plastic extremes of recognizability. It's reminiscent of Sergei Eisenstein's ideal for animation upon seeing Mickey Mouse cartoons in the 1930s - this manipulation of form and motion is something that only animation can do, the crux of its art. Terror in Resonance, on the other hand, puts a lot of effort into not only resembling reality – forms are rigid, settings are confining – but also replicating the look of live-action film, and to equally good purpose. This is most visible in the cinematography, which includes filmic techniques that don't normally exist in animation, like racking focus, heat distortion, and tiny camera movements. The show's emphasis on recognizable branding also makes it clear that it's trying to hit home. Nine and Twelve announce their plans over what's recognizable as YouTube while dressed as Tokusatsu heroes. Much of this show takes place in front of screens, which are all photorealistic. It seems like some of this show's themes are alienation, transparency, and barriers of communication.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/terror-in-resonance/episodes-1-7/.77931

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
PSYCHO-PASS Season 2 PV:

+ Woo Akane you go gurl
+ Bunch of new characters in the team to freshen up the dynamic (kind of like how police procedurals on TV do haha)
+ Egoist is back! Fuck yeah =D

- Rin Toshite Shigure. Never liked the first OP, it was fucking wierd and shrill and I didn't like it. Won't like this new first OP by the sounds of it either. Cool riffs tho.
- It's apparently not being written by Gen Urobuchi or even being animated by Production I.G. The replacements are Tow Ubukata, and Tatsunoko Pro.
Off the top of my head Tatsunoko Pro were responsible for Gatchaman Crowds, Ping Pong, and Wake Up Girls! so despite my obvious bias for Production I.G :monster: I think we're looking at a talented animation team with a solid pedigree. Tow Ubukata I'm not sure about, partly because I don't know very much of his work, and partly because he was apparently a writer for Ghost in the Shell: Arise, a series I found to be lacking in certain aspects.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
PSYCHO-PASS Season 2 PV:

yea ikr when i heard of it was was freaking out :joy:

also found this while browsing through my childhood. complete awesomeness.

the redesigns are great! i especially love N.3, my fave character. i can imagine him being voiced by the guy who did sunohara (clannad). absolutely. except it took me a while to get used to see N.1 because of his famous bald football head.

31989657_p1_zps652d7687.jpg

31989657_p10_zps7190082a.jpg

31989657_p11_zpsf59bd21e.jpg

31989657_p13_zpsab1ade4b.jpg

31989657_p15_zps761114a4.jpg

31989657_p12_zps6e78bfc0.jpg

31989657_p14_zpse7856d2a.jpg

31989657_p16_zpse9a0f80a.jpg

31989657_p19_zpsd9bb760e.jpg

31989657_p3_zps494c0493.jpg

31989657_p4_zps143ced0c.jpg

31989657_p5_zpsfc5a5263.jpg

31989657_p6_zpsfcd31e48.jpg

31989657_p7_zps5fc55c9d.jpg

31989657_p8_zpsf8c78646.jpg

31989657_p9_zpsdf76fd5a.jpg

0_zps3e790064.jpg

link:http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=31989657

i saw it in my anime magazine i get from time to time (Otaku USA) and decided to look at it, and there was this guy super hyped on it, talking about how awesome it was.

there was a picture that had one sentence describing what this anime is like.
How can can straight men get.

i readily agree.

well i found this anime out from the same way i found out about the other anime, and i have a little mixed feelings about it.

this anime is based off the book, and it came out last year.

so the storyline is about some angel (supposedly even God is scared of her [yea, ok...whatever....]) and she slaughters this village. i think its because she was insane, i could be wrong.

Untitled_zps869bb7d1.png

but then they all live, but they have to pay price for it. shino has a demon within him that doesnt let him age physcially (only when it is tired, and that is rare) he gets to be in his original form.
Grown_up_Shino_zpsf43c042a.png

(he's really 17-18yrs old.)

then it jumps a few years later, and we get a little conflict with the characters. then these foxes come up, set up some barriers to take the main character shino, and his best friend bro souske.

so then they basically get on his nerves, which prompts him to do something about it.

Untitled2_zpsda680e10.png

then he breaks out in this UBER AWESOMENESS summoning of some beast and decides to handle some bid'ness.

Untitled3_zps629c80b6.png

in a quick flash, everything is back to normal, and then everyone acts as if nothing happened.

Untitled4_zpse2b5ed43.png

and that's most of action that happens until the 2nd final episode of S2.

literally.

the reason why i chose this anime to look at was because i saw lots of men inside. i was just finishing some school anime, and i really wanted to get into to action ones. so, picking one with lots of men and adventure would mean action, right?

:wallbanger:

everytime a fight would come up, they would clash swords.

and that would be it.

in the end one of them would back off or slink off or say "I will be back again mwaugahahahah" and as such. really, here's some pics as proof.

IMG_1160_zps69998293.png

56f7d__tumblr_mrclv0WpUz1rr5qklo3_500_zps61924862.png
(wonder why he is fighting himself? i'll explain later on soon.)
6692mt_zps01bc10de.png

this is the beginning of A LOT of fights this way, believe me.

i have no idea why there was NO action in this season. at all! the very first episode was hyped with action, it showed an epic kid (and i love epic anime kids) but its just to fool you. no kidding! i was absolutely bored with the rest of the season, and bored even more because the show was basically completely filled with these guys.

download_zps239f667e.jpg

hakkenden-e01-d_zpsb5b10f0d.jpg

maxresdefault_zps372e32d7.jpg

tumblr_mkwh6ufS9O1s93fxio6_500_zps18113efc.jpg

images1_zpsb7f171b5.jpg

and the girliest of all.......
tumblr_mgmptyfj9j1rrvpdmo2_1280_zps8bc73388.png

just joshing thats a girl :awesome:

but SERIOUSLY. there were so many of the bishounens! it was ticking me off to no end until i searched up the genre. originally it said "shounen" but then someone corrected it, saying that shounen is frequently confused it shojou-ai. thats what hakkenden was. it made sense, because there was another problem i found very weird.

images_zpse062ee9e.jpg

maxresdefault_zpsdea11da9.jpg

hakkenden-e02-g_zpsdccf4ecc.jpg

...you get the idea

oh and lets not forget that when some of the males are little, they are dressed up as girls. (it's their "culture".) so we have souske playing with shino in his
image_zpsd586ae28.jpg
images1_zps578029a8.jpg

Anime-KoiHakkendenTouhouHakkenIbun-16h264-720pDCF2E5B1mkv_snapshot_2305_20130723_000324_zps6008a74d.jpg
for who knows how long.

nothing would happen, but still it was clear it was for the fangirls. still i kept through it.

so the 2nd season comes.

and i must say, this is much better than the first one.

so somewhere along the line shino's buddy in the blue hair, souske, has a twin somehere. somehow back in the village slaughter he gets his soul in half. one is the fake one (Ao) that holds some of souske's memories the other can't remember, and vice versa. (he's the guy with he golden eye) then he takes these precious balls that everyone of the important main males have (its never really explained how important the balls are) from shino. well, the ball isnt really shino's, it's souske's. he was holding it for him when ao
vlcsnap-2013-12-13-20h31m39s165_zps2fdd7378.png

(yea guys, yea.)
takes it from him.

so while shino and his buddies go on different adventures, shino holds the secret that he lost souske's ball for a while. and for that reason, that's when and why souske starts to die. i'm not going to add more because i'll just add some spoilers, but i really do like this anime. its ok with the first part, and i REALLY enjoyed the 2nd part, but as for a recommendation? i wouldnt do it. if you want to check it out, hey, cool. but since this is directed to the girls, dont expect it to be loads of fun. especially if you arent into that type of stuff. i would love to say "Just look at Part 2" but you need Part 1 in order for the last one to make sense.

as for a rating? 6 (maybe 7)/10.

Last edited:
Top Bottom