• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

General Anime Thread

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
The end of Re: Zero got me and Joe like.
4705597899e4891d9_w.jpg

binged it in four days and oh my god it was worth it. Now on to Fate: Zero!

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
I'm team Emilia-Tan \o/

I haven't really watched much of this seasons shows yet, I've been to busy with FFXIV's latest update but I watched the first episode of The Ancient Magus' Bride and I've got to say it's really good. It reminds me a bit of Studio Ghiblis work and the animation is beautiful. I also got my Blu-ray of When Marnie Was There through in the post yesterday, looking fowrad to watching it this weekend.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Rem all the way. :monster:

I recently started Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! I adore it. It's this perfect mix of slice of life and utter ridiculousness. Pretty funny too.

Non Non Biyori Repeat is more of the same
more of the same
:monster:

Precisely what I'm looking for. I just finished watching the first episode of the season and I feel like I'm on a bed made of clouds. This series gets me so warm, fuzzy and peaceful. I also get nostalgic because there's something about the atmosphere of the show that brings me back to the positive memories of childhood.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
So I've been hearing alot of good things about "Your Name"https://myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa.

It's been a massive hit in Japan breaking $100 million dollars in the few weeks it's been out, hope it gets an international release too so I can see what all the hype is about.
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=6axI0zqn2H0
Also new Sword Art Online trailer looks incredible and that's getting a worldwide cinema release in February. 2016 is a good year for anime. 2017 looks to be as good.

I'm on my phone so truing to embed links is hard, if a mod can do it, feel free :monster:

Last edited:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Now I've started Your Lie in April. It's pretty good so far, and I love classical music, and, oddly enough, the comedic style really reminds me of FMA.

Mob Psycho 100. The psychic version of One Punch Man, essentially.

Better drama and deeper characters than in One Punch Man, but I would still look to OPM for more solid adrenaline and power fantasy.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Mob Psycho 100. The psychic version of One Punch Man, essentially.

Better drama and deeper characters than in One Punch Man, but I would still look to OPM for more solid adrenaline and power fantasy.

I REALLY need to get around to watching this.

X :neo:

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
After having watched a bunch of "episode 1", there are 3 anime I'm following this fall, and they're not at all in the same style.
- Natsume Yuujinchou (it's like the 5th season): it's kind of slice-of-life mixed with supernatural, the mood is generally "cute" (more emphasis on emotions, growth, and conflicts have generally a peaceful resolution)
- Drifters: fun concept where famous historical "heroes" and "villains" (though the line is a bit blurry) are transported to an alternate world and get involved in a sort of "war deciding the fate of the universe" (the characters themselves having little idea of what's going on). The atmosphere is quite rough and crude (the "in-your-face" art style fits perfectly), and the characters may appear super-badass on one moment and look petty and ridiculous on the next instant. Very curious about the over-arching story too.
- March comes in like a lion: a particular "slice-of-life" anime where the main character (a 17 years old shogi professional player - I know nothing of shogi but it feels like the Japanese equivalent of chess) is gradually recovering from depression. "Healing after a loss" seems the main theme, the main characters are quite endearing.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I only just started watching JoJos bizarre adventure lol. :monster:. I'm only up to episode 4 but things finally got interesting.

Last edited:

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Hows everyone finding this season? I think this is the first time in 2-3 years I've canceled my Crunchyroll sub for, Drifters seems ok, it'snothing new though, I don't find any of the charcters perticularly interesting although the tactics they use are a bit different for anime i guess, a lot more gritty.

Everything else just seems really cliche to me, rehashes of old concepts/fan service heavy magical girl animes or similar. I watched Occult 9 up to episode 4, maybe I should try it again, hopefully there will be some good shows this winter. Please let me know if I've missed a gem this season, I hope I have.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Hows everyone finding this season? I think this is the first time in 2-3 years I've canceled my Crunchyroll sub for, Drifters seems ok, it'snothing new though, I don't find any of the charcters perticularly interesting although the tactics they use are a bit different for anime i guess, a lot more gritty.

Everything else just seems really cliche to me, rehashes of old concepts/fan service heavy magical girl animes or similar. I watched Occult 9 up to episode 4, maybe I should try it again, hopefully there will be some good shows this winter. Please let me know if I've missed a gem this season, I hope I have.
Man, I tried to watch Occult 9, I gave up after 2/3 of the first episode because I couldn't stand the way the characters behaved, as if they all had had 10 shots of espresso sweetened with cocaine.
For me, the best of this season is March comes in like a lion, by quite a margin - I think it boils down to how you relate to the characters.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
The actual animation looked nice, but the girl with the stupidly huge tits kind of bugged me..... it's just so unnecessary...

Splintered

unsavory tart
This season was shit. Watched a whole bunch of first episodes and found one or two shows that might be worth it, but the sure enormity of how bland and frustrating everything was burned me out. I'm so tired of cute girls doing cute things.

Occult Nine was like a tryhard Bakemonogatari mixed with Durarara but failed on two fundamental levels: 1> all the characters were annoying and uninteresting and 2> those two shows might take a little effort but they were understandable, Occult Nine was just deliberately hard to follow and obscure but not in good way.

The girls with the huge boobs was obnoxious too. I mean, normally that shit doesn't bother me, but it reached the level where it made her character design extremely unappealing. Did anyone like it?

- March comes in like a lion: a particular "slice-of-life" anime where the main character (a 17 years old shogi professional player - I know nothing of shogi but it feels like the Japanese equivalent of chess) is gradually recovering from depression. "Healing after a loss" seems the main theme, the main characters are quite endearing.
This was a show I might continue watching. It's weird because the mangaka's style and Shaft really should not compliment each other, but it worked. Although I heard some fans get really upset because it was too different. But at least it was interesting.

I heard Yuri On Ice was fantastic. I'm not really into yaoi sports shows, but apparently this one is brilliantly written and less pandering and just more about a well crafted story with really good visuals.

Top Bottom