• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

General TV thread

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Currently binge-watching a lot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I've also bonded with my little cousin over Gravity Falls.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Still Clone Wars. Mandalorians got skills. This show is absolutely brutal to its NPCs, they drop like flies in a wide variety of gory ways. That's war, I guess.

I'm assuming you're in seasons 4-5 then maybe? The Mandalorians and their history that gets detailed out here keeps getting built upon and is one of the most intricate planetary histories in all of animated or filmed Star Wars by far. Interested to see what you think of where it goes.

Insofar as myself, I've been doing my best to keep up with Star Wars Rebels, The Magicians, Taboo, Legion, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, TMNT 2012, and have really been meaning to watch The Expanse and Westworld though I haven't even remotely gotten round to either of those yet.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Finished watching 12 episodes (out of 26) of Trollhunters, a TV show by Guillermo del Toro.
From what I´ve seen is a very fun family show, will continue watching it.

Available on Netflix.

Lex

Administrator
The How to Get Away With Murder season 3 finale was every bit as actual real life gasp inducing as the first two seasons.

Legit don't know how they keep pulling it off. Amazing show.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Still Clone Wars. Mandalorians got skills. This show is absolutely brutal to its NPCs, they drop like flies in a wide variety of gory ways. That's war, I guess.

I'm assuming you're in seasons 4-5 then maybe? The Mandalorians and their history that gets detailed out here keeps getting built upon and is one of the most intricate planetary histories in all of animated or filmed Star Wars by far. Interested to see what you think of where it goes.

Nah, still on season 2, just starting into 3 now. I was referring to the
guy that engages in a lightsabre fight with a Jedi. He quickly loses, but that makes total sense. And the whole Deathwatch unit seem to be relatively challenging enemies (granted, that's compared to the Trade Federation droids that have been a joke from day one.)

Impressive how many episodes are about supply trouble of some kind, because that is what war is. They picked the perfect format for expanding on the verse with this show.

Normally I don't like high NPC casualties, but it is war.

Is it safe for me to go into that recent CW thread?

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Ah, nice. I'd forgotten how early those elements started coming into play. Ummm, we do discuss the rough outlines of some of the S5&6 stuff, so you might wanna steer clear of it, but I don't think that there're any TOO significant spoilers outside of the tags more so than just thought beats and impressions, and some posts about episodes that never got made.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Finally caught up with Orange is the New Black (someone hold me?)
Currently binge-watching 30 Rock.
Trying to force myself to finish Narcos (not that I think it's a bad show at all. Just depresses the hell out of me).
Desperately awaiting Stranger Things Season 2.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Watched parts of it, yeah. I'm not sure what to think of it, it's a bit campy on the one side and I'm having trouble following the actual story, but on the other it's very convincing. Semi-realistic, too, I don't know the exact travel times between planets but there's no magic warp drive shenanigans going on, nor travel to other stars - which kinda fits in my perception of what the future will hold for spaceflight. Should look up an article on that.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Yup, still Clone Wars. I'm halfway through the episodes now, if my calculations are correct. Ahsoka has recently started wearing a shirt. I was kind of expecting more of a jump in quality than there has been, but since I'm on board anyway it's not a problem. That dathomir arc
where Ventress begins training an apprentice
was very good, though.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yup, still Clone Wars. I'm halfway through the episodes now, if my calculations are correct. Ahsoka has recently started wearing a shirt. I was kind of expecting more of a jump in quality than there has been, but since I'm on board anyway it's not a problem. That dathomir arc
where Ventress begins training an apprentice
was very good, though.

Delving into Dathomir is some of my favourite stuff, because it was some of the stuff I REALLY got into in Legends canon (along with the Massassi), and seeing it take a bigger role was something really awesome, since I think that it's what really started driving our look into Force Users who are DEFINITELY not Jedi or Sith.

Also, am I correct in thinking that means you're close to Season 4 now?

Personally:

I've fallen behind a few weeks in The Magicians, still need to see the final two episodes of Taboo, absolutely addicted to Legion, loving the new Samurai Jack, & am stoked as all hell for Saturday's episode of Rebels (as I've been waiting for 12 years just dreaming of actually seeing this story happen for real in the Star Wars official show universe).

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Samurai Jack season 5 episode 2:

Good:
Great storyboarding
Great sound design
Great tension building
Great fight choreography
General good use of colors and lighting
Great development for Jack

Bad:
Very on the nose symbolism with the tiger and the monsters.
Akku´s humor doesn´t land for me.

Overall rating 9/10

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Started watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. Been meaning to watch it for awhile, but when I found out an actor from Kingsglaive was going to be in the 2nd season I finally got off my ass and started watching it. I think we're about... halfway through it? It's pretty good so far.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
(finally) finished the first season of The Expanse, a sci-fi series set in a realistic, "hard sci-fi" future. The series takes a bit more liberties with travel time than the book(s) it was based on, but that's understandable. Point is, there's no faster-than-light travel, no straight-line-to-a-planet (that's not how it works, people that played KSP will know), no interstellar travel, and no aliens-which-are-humans-but-with-slightly-different-foreheads. Story-wise IDK really, it's kinda campy in a lot of ways and it took me a long while to get through it because idk, it's not actually that great or something? I may be picky.

Lex

Administrator
Also just happened: watched the first episode of season 5 of Prison Break. You know, that show that pretty decisively concluded in 2009 with both a wrap up series finale and a full TV movie. So fucking weird they decided to bring this back. They capture it so well, it really does feel like just another season of the show with a real time skip. But that brings both the good and the bad of the original series with it. Edge of your seat stuff with plenty of irritating ridiculousness to boot. I eyerolled more than once. Will 100% be watching every episode, I used to love the show despite its many many MANY flaws.

Totally unbelievable that it's back. Unreal.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Aw man, just watched the season finale of New Girl. All the feels <3
I really enjoyed it, too. I was worried because I feel like the show's dipped quite a bit recently and some of the episodes felt like fillers. I like that the entire finale felt like earlier seasons again <3

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I should at least watch the finale sometime, :monster:. Lost interest at one point because end of season and same shit different year.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Latest Clone Wars update: Late Season 5

The first half of the season got pretty long and slow, I wasn't super into it, although Saw Gerrera is now a familiar name thanks to Rogue One. The arcs were each a little too long.

Then: Dathomir, which was phenomenal. Mandalorian Leader Guy has levelled up since season two enough to actually put up a serious fight against cyborg Darth Maul! Wow, give the guy force sensitivity and he'd be unstoppable.
Then Palpatine shows up. You can totally feel his joy at being finally able to murder some motherfuckers after having to stay buttoned down for so long. Contender for best arc in the show right here, although I'd have liked to see more about gathering the army of thugs in the first place. When they first brought back Maul, I was dubious, he needed something to do other than be Gollum, but he earned his place here.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Done with Clone Wars, albeit skipping some episodes. S 5 AND 6

I knew what would happen to Ahsoka in advance, but that's not the show's fault. Can't imagine how much that would hurt watching this having grown up with her. Kept expecting Tarkin to be implicated somehow, because I was confused over how the other Jedi could infiltrate the prison without being detected. Security is quite tight, they don't defer to Jedi, and Force Choke usually can't be used from a distance, right? Even Vader and Sidious usually have to make a phone call to choke someone from long range, so how did the culprit get so close without being detected?

Every second of the arc with Fives was painful to watch, he's such a wonderful person and there's no way in hell it could possibly work out for him. I was really, really hoping he'd get to go into hiding or something, but...well.

They do a decent job of building up how checkmated the Jedi are, they're obviously getting suspicious, but anything they do to interfere with republic politics will get propagandad as a play for power, so they're powerless. Well played, Chancellor.

The episodes can be a bit shaky, but this is probably the best depiction of a slow grinding war (in a kids show!) I've ever seen. Even the tactics make sense, the Jedi stay spread out , so they can't all be taken at once, while Dooku knows he can't trump Jedi for quality, so he buries them in swarms of cheap droids, while sending Ventress and Grievous to assassinate individual Jedi.

A TV show like this is the perfect way to show off how incredibly complicated a galactic war would be, they go into such detail about the betrayals and counter betrayals and counter counter betrayals in both sides command structures, as well as stuff like scavengers and pirates combing the aftermath of battles. I doubt I'll like Rebels as much.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Welcome back to my regular updates in my effort to get up to date with the Star Wars canon! Next, Rebels!

This one is kind of a harder sell to me, being honest. It might be a stronger show, but I'm not as instantly on board with the premise. All the bickering about who knows what seems out of place for a terrorist cell.

I was kind of tickled to discover that the Empire theme song is actually the empire theme song in universe.

Rebels: Say what you like about Palpatine, he knows good music.

Howl's moving AT-AT was a great idea.

DV's big entrance did seem odd, though. It very much felt like he was introducing himself.

DV: I want to go in alone.

Admiral: But sir, we have an entire fleet right here.

DV: But if this is my big entrance in a TV show, I have to look badass.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Rebels Season 2/Early 3.

I'm still not fully on board, even if it's probably a better show. Knew about Ahsoka's confrontation in the finale thanks to glancing at the Youtube sidebar at the wrong time, would have been punchier if I hadn't. Hope she's alive.

It needs to be a Rebel Alliance policy to smash the Inquisitors spinny things at the first opportunity.

What the hell does it take to kill Darth Maul?

Great to have Rex back, also Hondo continues to be fun.

This is also a quite well done slow build of a Rebel alliance, but I want to spend more time away from the main cast. Agent Callus episode a highlight.

And then in early 3, Thrawn shows up. I've never read his books, but the little I've heard about him I didn't really like, it seems like he was the guy who points out purported plotholes in the movies to show off how smart he was, like "Don't underestimate the Ewoks." They're two foot bears that fight with sticks, there's no reason at all to consider them a threat, especially for a fleet admiral who doesn't normally fight on the ground. Wasn't a fan of new canon equivalent Rae Sloane for similar reasons.

Maybe I've heard wrong. Time will tell about what this new incarnation is right, but right now, he's fighting my thrawn prejudice as well as my anti new canon prejudice (which isn't out of loyalty to the old EU as I was never into it, I just have too many creative differences with the new team.)

It's likely a stronger show, but not as appealing to me personally.

Top Bottom