Guardians of the Galaxy

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The more I see about this movie the more I want it to be out right now.

And I don't even read that comic.

Ghost X

I'm avoiding these "extended looks". I feel like I've seen a tenth of the movie already just from the trailers alone :P.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Dodging all the trailers still. :awesome:

Found out the movie's gonna come out at the end of August here instead of July as I initially believed. Darnit. :@

Ghost X

tumblr_mwk3hu73QV1shsw6uo1_500.gif

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Every little bit of their characters that I see just drills in how FUCKING PERFECTLY everyone playing them is nailing the roles. Just. Oh my science. Love.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I watched the first couple of trailers but have been avoiding everything since then. Movie is out in like two weeks at this point, so I'm just going to wait it out now.

First week of next month is a good time to be a geek. This on the 1st, the new Thanos graphic novel by Jim Starlin on the 5th and then the new Turtles movie on the 8th.

My birthday is the 9th, so it's like the previous eight days are one big present for me.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

Perfect characterization from all 5 Guardians in the first clip from the film. All the folks avoiding clips - continue to do so. Everyone else - enjoy.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
All is well, except for that tv show as is the Ultimate Spiderman and Avengers Assemble one. Those cheap takes on the MCU ain't got shit to the Earth's Mightiest Heroes version. Maybe that show will focus on shitty things so imma ignore that.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
James Gunn and Kevin Feige Tease ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Easter Eggs

Michael Rooker talked a bit about why he's so likable and what his Yondu is like:

I don't know why, I don't know how, but it seems like I can be a real — dick! And people still like me. It seems like I have this little knack, so he sort of wrote that with Yondu in mind and myself in mind, this ability to sort of be abusive verbally, or whatever. [Laughs] Even physically, and still have the audience forgive and enjoy what's going on on-screen, and like it enough that they don't really care if you're really not a nice person. Yondu's not a nice guy, but he's got this paternal instinct, and it came like the first moment he saw Star-Lord. Got him up in his ship, and all of a sudden, the kid is, in my mind, this kind of little guy who's not all sheepish — he's just lost his mom, and he's still being tough, he's standing up for himself. That and maybe something else was involved that convinced Yondu to basically keep the kid. I kept him. Raised him as my own, as opposed to sending him off to where we're supposed to take him. And so there's that heart in there. I think people, they see through all the makeup and all the wardrobe, and they see the real person somewhere.
[Comic Book Resources]

James Gunn is already thinking ahead to the next movie, telling The Walll Street Journal about Guardians of the Galaxy 2:

"I have a good idea. Frankly, it's more important that the story works by itself than by how it fits into 'The Avengers.'" He has to keep certain things in mind to connect to the overriding story arc, but, "first and foremost, I'm concerned with the Marvel cosmic side of things and these characters."

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Can I just say that I freaking love how this movie has been marketed?

And I want this poster. Even if I end up hating the movie I think I'd still want it.

10501646_632477896867236_4874950633373863627_n.jpg

Too bad I'd have to be at an IMAX theater like, right now in order to get it. :(

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I fuckin' loved it. (Out at a party in Sweden right now, but wanted to drop that in). Also, of anyone has the dialog from the after credit, please post 'cause I missed it over all the excited shouting. xD

I fuckin' loved it. (Out at a party in Sweden right now, but wanted to drop that in). Also, of anyone has the dialog from the after credit, please post 'cause I missed it over all the excited shouting. xD

Same lol Only I dont think anyone else in my theatre got it, I was the only one laughing, and I laughed loud, something I don't do a whole lot.

Apparently that was supposed to be Nathan Fillian's cameo, but he passed it up in hopes he'd get an actual physical role in the marvel universe. Seth Green did his voice

Last edited:
Top Bottom