Guardians of the Galaxy

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Also, apparently this scenes was fully referenced (not mocapped unfortunately) from James Gunn dancing

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ok, this is amazing. It's pretty spoileriffic and it won't make any sense to people who haven't seen the film, so don't click it unless you've seen it.

Brilliant.

The "Differences Between DC and Marvel" thing was great too, though I feel it necessary to point out DC has the one-up on Marvel by at least planning/announcing a movie with top billing being given to someone other than the Straight, White Y Chromosome. Going by current schedules, the MCU may hit ten years without changing that, unless they deliver on that Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers movie.

And I also have to point out that Ghost Rider is not a "Latina." =P

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Lel DC, the only winning combo is Batman and Superman. Beyond that, its all a bunch of a-holes in the executive field.

I saw the movie and man I wanna see it again. Thanos exhumes Final Boss all over the screen! !

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
tumblr_n9z86qZt8C1qh8ncoo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9z86qZt8C1qh8ncoo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9z86qZt8C1qh8ncoo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9z86qZt8C1qh8ncoo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9z86qZt8C1qh8ncoo5_500.jpg

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just ordered the 2-disc Awesome Mix/Original Score album. :D

The movie opens in Germany in less than two weeks. Almost considering watching it again.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
What the hell were they thinking not releasing it on cassette? That's stupid.

I'm probably seeing this again tomorrow or something.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I'm going to see it again, purely for Thanos and the final battle rofl.

edit:
You know during my watch, with how they designed Howard, alot of noobs in the cinema here mistook him for Donald Duck. Alot were bitching "Shit man, I wasted my time for Donald Duck... fml" which made me laugh due to how ignorant they were to Howard. I still kinda like how they managed to bring someone as improbable as Howard to the MCU, and I'm hoping he would reappear again in Guardians or some other cosmic adventure someday.

Also I want Cosmo to be in the sequel man! He's the Guardian's mission control from the comics! That and I would want to see him banter with Rocket. The two new team members I want to see join the team for me would be Adam Warlock and Phyla-Vell as I doubt Gunn would want Nova Richard or that wimpy new one as he apparently hates having Nova in this iteration of the team.

original.jpg

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Just got back from seeing it in IMAX with my dad. Still just as good as I remember. My little sister mentioned two things about Drax that're worth bringing up:

• When Quill says that the Galaxy is giving them a chance, "to give a shit." Drax doesn't misunderstand that and make an unintentional poop joke.
• Also, he calls Gamora a whore, and I don't think it's established that she's ever had sex with anyone for money (it is stated that she has a well known reputation, but it doesn't seem to involve that, aside from Rocket making reference to her making a deal with the inmates who find her attractive).

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I think by then Drax knows how dire the situation is and decided to be silent as Quill lecutres them I aint certain about that. I still don't know why he called Gamora a whore but perhaps it was because of rumours way before the storyline. For all we know she posed as a prostitute during her assassination missions as a means to kill a target etc etc. Still funny though how he blasts Nebula as a declaration of protection of Gamora's person despite his short coming prior rofl. All in all I think it was because of her otherworldly pristine beauty or Drax's disrespect towards Thanos' "kids" is the probable reason why he may have called her whore. XD

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I finally watched it and I find it to be a rare, solid fun space sci-fi. Definitely one of the best Marvel films, but I'd still put it behind Iron Man, CA: Winter Soldier and Avengers.

TBH I really enjoyed it and it blended humor, action, cheesy friendship and anti-cliche tropes wonderfully, but I guess it's not the type that I will fangirl over.

Edit: I have no rating yet for this film, but definitely around 8.5-9/10

Last edited:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Watched it last friday, just another hollywood rollercoaster. Fun for a ride or some more, but hardly brilliant cinema.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
So this was just as fun the second time around as it was the first. Don't regret seeing it again.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Saw this for a second time. Was worth it. I rarely see a movie twice at the theater, but that is how much I enjoyed this movie. On the second time around I payed more attention to the background for little things, found a lot.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Still kicking ass in the box office (now the highest grossing movie of the Summer)… AND-

Top Bottom