Harry Potter and the Chitter of Chatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Introversion has much more to do with how people grow up, are raised, and the experiences they accumulate in life.

I've met quite a few ass ugly people that think they're hot shit and are constantly drawing attention to themselves than I have that are introverted. Not to mention most rappers look like shit too :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Introversion has much more to do with how people grow up, are raised, and the experiences they accumulate in life.

Oh, of course. It can be a natural personality trait as well.

I've met quite a few ass ugly people that think they're hot shit and are constantly drawing attention to themselves than I have that are introverted. Not to mention most

Yeah, confidence is the greatest weapon. A sense of confidence can very well override however ugly you are.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Oh, of course. It can be a natural personality trait as well.

Yeah, confidence is the greatest weapon. A sense of confidence can very well override however ugly you are.

I think it has more to do with arrogance than confidence tbh.

A lot of the shit those people see on tv teaches them to think their shit is gold.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
The majority of standard, general perceptions of beauty.

But wouldn't that still be too hard to measure? :monster: I mean, if you're asking the person himself if he think he's ugly, and he's a normal introvert, and he doesn't think he is but the general public thinks he is... wouldn't that be a problem? :huh:

Aren't scales, like, based on the standard, general perception of anything? But to actually measure the general perception of beauty, you will need a sample from a very large population (like the whole world) to get an accurate set of data. A sample from different cultures in different continents and stuff like that.

And then let's not forget the different facets of introversion. :O

...maybe you should narrow down your topic? :monster:

Of course, there is a difference between true introversion, which is perfectly normal, and artificial introversion, because you're too afraid of social interaction.

Oooh, there's an artificial introversion? Enlighten me. Definition please! :reptar:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I think it has more to do with arrogance than confidence tbh.

A lot of the shit those people see on tv teaches them to think their shit is gold.

Yeah, definitely, but if I was considered ugly or even not very attractive, you had better be damn sure I'd at least try to be confident. God help the person who has neither.

But wouldn't that still be too hard to measure? I mean, if you're asking the person himself if he think he's ugly, and he's a normal introvert, and he doesn't think he is but the general public thinks he is... wouldn't that be a problem?

Aren't scales, like, based on the standard, general perception of anything? But to actually measure the general perception of beauty, you will need a sample from a very large population (like the whole world) to get an accurate set of data. A sample from different cultures in different continents and stuff like that.

And then let's not forget the different facets of introversion.

I mean general standard in relation to wherever said person is located. For example, in North America, a fat, flat chested, flat assed, acne ridden, sloppy haired girl would be considered ugly by most standard perception of beauty.

Oooh, there's an artificial introversion? Enlighten me. Definition please!

Lack of self confidence.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I mean general standard in relation to wherever said person is located. For example, in North America, a fat, flat chested, flat assed, acne ridden, sloppy haired girl would be considered ugly by most standard perception of beauty.

It's that easy? :huh: My sister makes it sound like it's the hardest thing to do in a study. D:

...and, just a random thought... can someone fat really have a flat chest and flat butt? :awesome:

Lack of self confidence.

But then that's not introversion. :huh: It's... lack of self-confidence.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
What kind of liquer do you gentleman enjoy with your tobacco?

I am rather partial to 'The Famous Grouse'. Smooth, yet sharp. It teases the senses.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
The Notorious M.O.G said:
True. However traits between the two can be similar.

Not necessarily, just because a person is introverted does not mean they lack self confidence, it can also mean they prefer their own company.

Interestingly I was reading an article on wikipedia..which I know not the best place to look up and get sources from but there's an article there saying that extraverts are more likely to be obese than introverts...so that kinda banishes the 'introverts are fat ugly people and are less incline to go out theory.

Most introverts choose to be introverts, whereas your theory would relate more to people who are shy and therefore are more inclined to lack self-confidence about themselves.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Not necessarily, just because a person is introverted does not mean they lack self confidence, it can also mean they prefer their own company.

I never said that. I just said the two can have similar outward traits.

Interestingly I was reading an article on wikipedia..which I know not the best place to look up and get sources from but there's an article there saying that extraverts are more likely to be obese than introverts...so that kinda banishes the 'introverts are fat ugly people and are less incline to go out theory.

Most introverts choose to be introverts, whereas your theory would relate more to people who are shy and therefore are more inclined to lack self-confidence about themselves.

Interesting. So I guess that narrows the theory down to ugly people are more likely to have low self esteem.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I know you did that was why I said not necessarily and didn't outright say it was wrong :monster:

Something along those lines yeah and again it depends on how people see themselves as ugly or beautiful and how other people perceive them. I guess anyone who sees images of beautiful celebrities and then see themselves as not like that or feel their friends are better looking/in better shape than them and what not could perceive themselves to be ugly and therefore probably do lack self esteem or confidence in themselves.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You fuck's need to quit this lurking bullshit and post something. This is ridiculous. If you're reading something, POST TOO.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Useful contribution was useful :awesomonster:

Bex: dunno, I've not enough experience with liquer ;.;

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
omgz whatevr gave you dat idea? :wacky:

i luv evrybdy! u kno dat bby.