Harry Potter and the Chitter of Chatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
We should really use the thread more, since other people will be able to respond to us as well. Having the chats where no one who's not invited to them can respond really seems kind of elitist (which is probably one reason I don't participate in them as much as a lot of other people), though I can understand using chats for stuff like sending albums and shit like that.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
MSN is just faster, really, and with less interruption when it's busy, and easier to make sense of. And it doesn't go down, unlike TLS + database issues. There's nothing elitist about it, or, at least, not intentionally.

Also can't be banned for saying something silly or whatever on MSN :P

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Dead thread is dead :rage:

Just because no one's leapt into the thread yelling 'AWWWW <3 MY BITOS' like a fucking spastic for a few hours doesn't mean its a dead thread.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Just because no one's leapt into the thread yelling 'AWWWW <3 MY BITOS' like a fucking spastic for a few hours doesn't mean its a dead thread.

Actually, it does. :monster:

DON'T BE SO MEAN MY BITO ILU <333333333333333333333333333333

AWWWW <3 MY BITOS

ALIVE THREAD IS ALIVE-BITO <3

:awesome:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Spacetime entails a new concept of distance. Whereas distances in Euclidean spaces are entirely spatial and always positive, in special relativity, the concept of distance is quantified in terms of the space-time interval between two events, which occur in two locations at two times:

1992cf60e9200f71507ab10f81f5c6cb.png
(spacetime interval),

where:
c is the speed of light,
&#916;t and &#916;r denote differences of the time and space coordinates, respectively, between the events.

(Note that the choice of signs for s2 above follows the Landau-Lifshitz spacelike convention. Other treatments reverse the sign of s2.)
Space-time intervals may be classified into three distinct types based on whether the temporal separation (c2&#916;t2) or the spatial separation (&#916;r2) of the two events is greater.
Certain types of worldlines (called geodesics of the spacetime) are the shortest paths between any two events, with distance being defined in terms of spacetime intervals. The concept of geodesics becomes critical in general relativity, since geodesic motion may be thought of as "pure motion" (inertial motion) in spacetime, that is, free from any external influences.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is there to hear it... does it make a sound?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Thats how I see myself in 20 years tbh. Except my smoking jacket would be of a tasteful burgundy hue.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
The Notorious M.O.G said:
Ugly people would be less inclined to pursue social activities. Some 'ugly' people would also have a harder time with certain social activities.

I know what you said about not all ugly people would be introverted and it doesn't mean all attractive people are extroverted but, what exactly makes you think that 'ugly' people would be less inclined to persue social activities? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious as to why you have this opinion.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Ugly people would be less inclined to pursue social activities. Some 'ugly' people would also have a harder time with certain social activities.
I'm also curious. How ugly is "ugly"? :monster: I would think there isn't a scale present that can measure ugliness. There can't be a proper correlation thinger if the variable "ugliness" is immeasurable.

What I understand from the various definitions of introversion is that it seems like introverts don't necessarily have a harder time participating in social activities, it's just that they don't want to invest their time in social activities, as opposed to extroverts who enjoy the presence of people. Some say that introversion is also a predisposed personality trait. Introverts just tend to focus on themselves more than others, but this doesn't necessarily mean they have low self-esteem because of a physical factor...

Maybe what you should be asking is if there's a correlation between "ugliness" and "being a loner"? :monster:

I took an online test that told me I'm an introvert, but I always viewed myself as an extrovert. I love people and I don't have time to waste on internalizing things about myself. :awesome:

LOL @ ME IDK WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I know what you said about not all ugly people would be introverted and it doesn't mean all attractive people are extroverted but, what exactly makes you think that 'ugly' people would be less inclined to persue social activities? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just curious as to why you have this opinion.

If someone feels they're not aesthetically pleasing, that might make them less inclined to do things such as talk with members of the opposite sex, hang around people, etc etc.

I'm also curious. How ugly is "ugly"? I would think there isn't a scale present that can measure ugliness. There can't be a proper correlation thinger if the variable "ugliness" is immeasurable.

The majority of standard, general perceptions of beauty.

What I understand from the various definitions of introversion is that it seems like introverts don't necessarily have a harder time participating in social activities, it's just that they don't want to invest their time in social activities, as opposed to extroverts who enjoy the presence of people. Some say that introversion is also a predisposed personality trait. Introverts just tend to focus on themselves more than others, but this doesn't necessarily mean they have low self-esteem because of a physical factor...

Of course, there is a difference between true introversion, which is perfectly normal, and artificial introversion, because you're too afraid of social interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom