Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Anyway...

I hope there is an option at Cosmo Canyon to rename Red XIII.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I agree that the ambiguity there was a very interesting way to end the game. And it is 500 years later, so I think it's highly possible that maybe something ELSE happens even after AC that could wipe out humanity. Just leaving that possibility open makes the ending of the OG story much more intriguing to me.

You kinda forgot Dirge of Cerberus, unless that suddenly became non-existant despite it being a real PS2 game.

I still would like a new secret ending leading to the next title of the Compilation. There's still a gap between the Secret Ending with Genesis and Weiss and the original game's ending.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Anyway...

I hope there is an option at Cosmo Canyon to rename Red XIII.

Actually.... do you think they'll even give us the option to name them all, since they're so well-known now with their original names?

If they don't perhaps Red XIII will be 'Red XIII' until he reveals his real name as Cosmo Canyon, then his name will be switched to Nanaki for the rest of the game.

I mean X was the first FF to have voice acting, and you only get away with naming Tidus because they never say his name in the game. None of the other characters get to be named, nor any characters in XII and XIII.

Shaw-nobi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
This is kind of a fan theroy on my part that I had orginally hopped would become part of the Canon with Dirge of Cerburus.. but didn't and one that I've never heard any other person bring up is well..

Restructuring of the Sepherioth parantage. It always seemed to be that Vincnet was more likely his Father rather than Hjo.. The charater desing, mamorizims (?), even some of the conveluted back story revealed in DOC seemed to be leading to this reveal and then.. just falls away.

I know hoping for this well its pretty much like :wallbanger:. But No matter how many play throughs I go through for each game, no matter how many summarys and theory sights I hit. I can't shake my ever loving FAN THEORY NUTTINESS THAT VINCENT SHOULD BE AND IS SEPHERIOTHS FATHER..

there its out in the either lol

RedFFWolf

Donator
This is kind of a fan theroy on my part that I had orginally hopped would become part of the Canon with Dirge of Cerburus.. but didn't and one that I've never heard any other person bring up is well..

Restructuring of the Sepherioth parantage. It always seemed to be that Vincnet was more likely his Father rather than Hjo.. The charater desing, mamorizims (?), even some of the conveluted back story revealed in DOC seemed to be leading to this reveal and then.. just falls away.

I know hoping for this well its pretty much like :wallbanger:. But No matter how many play throughs I go through for each game, no matter how many summarys and theory sights I hit. I can't shake my ever loving FAN THEORY NUTTINESS THAT VINCENT SHOULD BE AND IS SEPHERIOTHS FATHER..

there its out in the either lol

Welcome to the Forums! :)
We all have dreams that Square-Enix will no doubt shatter :monster:

I like that Hojo is Sephiroth's father - and I think it's one of those things that would be too much of a change from the OG - though, I can tell you know this yourself :P (It'd be less fun if Vincent knew he himself was the father, and if he didn't then Jeremy Kyle should be invited into the game)
The way Hojo reveals this info on the top of the Mako Cannon during that crisis (with "Trail of Blood" playing in the background against that wind, no less) - good times. He's quite the showman, our scientist

Still, here we have our dreams, just as I wanna take Nanaki on the Gondola with "Interrupted by Fireworks" ["Words Drowned by Fireworks"] playing in the background. *Sigh*

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Taking Nanaki on a gondola I can see happening sooner than them changing Sephiroth's dad around. :monster:

Also, welcome, Shaw-nobi!

Shaw-nobi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
RedFFWolf & Flare-

Thanks, glad to be here! But yes I know it's a long random shot but hard idea for me to shake =p
Guess my next thought would be hoping that they get a little more phsycological regarding the dual personality's battling within cloud during the game. You get hints in the first reactor mission, ans a "voice in my head" moment maybe once or twice more in a 40 hr play through -least till the mako dip in disc 3. I want to see that play a greater part in the narritive.

That and a 32-bit Nanaki freaking out and "barking" at the fire works on the Gondala, or playing the "Might Steed" in the kings play would have been Amazing! haha.. not sure how to pull it off iwht the updated graphics tho

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Guess my next thought would be hoping that they get a little more phsycological regarding the dual personality's battling within cloud during the game. You get hints in the first reactor mission, ans a "voice in my head" moment maybe once or twice more in a 40 hr play through -least till the mako dip in disc 3. I want to see that play a greater part in the narritive.
I had an idea to convey that, where Cloud would have multiple dialogue choices when conversing with other party members and NPCs. The idea would be about linking these dialogue options to the various "personae" inside Cloud's head (to simplify: a/ Original Cloud b/ Zack flavor c/ Jenova flavor) while hiding these links to the player. To remain consistent, there wouldn't be dialogue choices after diving in the Lifestream with Tifa.

That and a 32-bit Nanaki freaking out and "barking" at the fire works on the Gondala, or playing the "Might Steed" in the kings play would have been Amazing! haha.. not sure how to pull it off iwht the updated graphics tho
Why not? Personally I don't see why high quality realistic graphics wouldn't allow for comedic moments.

Shaw-nobi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
-MayoMaster

That is an interesting take on the idea of Cloud's battling psyci(?). Be very interested in seeing how that relates to the reconstruction of his mind and dominate personality after the Mideel plot piece with Tifa.

As to not being sure how they could bring Nanaki to the GoldSource scene with upgraded graphic.. Believe me, I'm all for them holding true to the orginal comic moments, improving on them and even adding new scenes.

I'm just creating the scene in my head and seeing it as a 32 bit setup is easy, it fits with the current game ideal and graphics. I'm just saying I'm none to sure how they would go about presenting it with the upgraded graphic, not that they can't or shouldn't.

Be honest my uncertainty isn't about the diologe, but imagining the mostly likely super realistic graphics and animation.. and idk, how to take a newly and extremely badass, very classicly composed character like Nanaki (steaming from his AC voice acting and posture) and seemlessly flipping that on its head to turn him momentarly into a excited puppy haha

I may not know how they would do it but I'll to see and play through it

Shaw-nobi

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I had an idea to convey that, where Cloud would have multiple dialogue choices when conversing with other party members and NPCs. The idea would be about linking these dialogue options to the various "personae" inside Cloud's head (to simplify: a/ Original Cloud b/ Zack flavor c/ Jenova flavor) while hiding these links to the player. To remain consistent, there wouldn't be dialogue choices after diving in the Lifestream with Tifa.

-
That's an interesting idea on who to protray Cloud's battling psyci (?) and I would be very interested in how it would effect the Mideel scene after the attack by Ultima Weapon when Tifa is working to rebuid his mind

Why not? Personally I don't see why high quality realistic graphics wouldn't allow for comedic moments.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm more than ready to see and play through a scene with Nanaki at GoldSource! Just curious as how they would animate this with the upgraded graphics (the 32 bit scene in my head is pretty epic haha)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hmmm... wouldn't that set up a Role-Playing element that is later taken away? The kind of person Cloud is would be crafted by the player, only to later be railroaded into one of the three options without the player's permission. I feel like the only decisions you were really given in the OG happened when talking to *greasy voice* the laaayydddeeeezzz. And that was never impacted by the Jenova crisis inside Cloud's head (unless Crisis Core is canon jesus goddamn nvm).

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I feel like the only decisions you were really given in the OG happened when talking to *greasy voice* the laaayydddeeeezzz. And that was never impacted by the Jenova crisis inside Cloud's head (unless Crisis Core is canon jesus goddamn nvm).
Well, in the OG, Cloud has many dialogue choices even when that doesn't impact his relationships with *greasy voice* the laaayydddeeeezzz. For instance, you have dialogue options with Cloud when talking to the Avalanche members in the beginning of the game.
As for the Jenova flavor in dialogue options, I thought it would be a good way to reconcile some dialogue choices from the original game (the "heartless bastardish" ones) with background justifications, now that Zack's personality (upbeat and cheerful) has been defined.
Besides, I've felt like some dialogue elements from the OG would be best defined by assuming "Cloud under Jenova's influence", rather than "Cloud trying to be Zack". Example 1: after the first Bombing mission, back at the 7th Heaven, Tifa notices something's off ("Cloud, are you alright?" "... yeah, why?" "No reason. You just look a little tired, I guess"). Example 2, when meeting Hojo at Costa del Sol, Cloud replies "I'll go anywhere Sephiroth is at!" and Hojo understands where that motivation actually comes from.
That being said, I'll admit there's a good dose of "personal interpretation".

Starling

Pro Adventurer
A fair few of the dialogue options amounted to the same thing but worded differently. As I've aid before, giving the options specific relations to multiple false personas would likely give too much away. In the OG, it seemed that Cloud was still Cloud despite the identity issues, though there was uncertainty on the matter until the lifestream sequence. I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather the options vary without being restricted to that. While hinting that something is messed up about Cloud, it's important not to overstate it either, especially by labelling the options. To be honest, Cloud had more reason to chase after Sephiroth than just the reunion stuff. I mean, trap or not, you're gonna have to pursue Sephiroth if you plan on stopping him and he isn't exactly a problem you can ignore.

Stryfe

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
TheScrub96 (League of Legends)
As for the Jenova flavor in dialogue options, I thought it would be a good way to reconcile some dialogue choices from the original game (the "heartless bastardish" ones) with background justifications, now that Zack's personality (upbeat and cheerful) has been defined.
Besides, I've felt like some dialogue elements from the OG would be best defined by assuming "Cloud under Jenova's influence", rather than "Cloud trying to be Zack". Example 1: after the first Bombing mission, back at the 7th Heaven, Tifa notices something's off ("Cloud, are you alright?" "... yeah, why?" "No reason. You just look a little tired, I guess"). Example 2, when meeting Hojo at Costa del Sol, Cloud replies "I'll go anywhere Sephiroth is at!" and Hojo understands where that motivation actually comes from.
That being said, I'll admit there's a good dose of "personal interpretation".

I actually heard (and agree with) a slightly different interpretation of how Cloud's persona in the beginning of the OG was formed. It's not so much that Cloud is under the influence of Zack AND Jenova AND his real self. It's more that the three of them mixed and melded together to create the false persona as a whole that Cloud accepts for half the game. The Jenova cells and Mako infusion experiments at Shinra Manor gave him his super-human strength and "Mako eyes", justifying the idea that he was actually in SOLDIER. He borrows this occupation, as well as his memories (and let's not forget his squats), from Zack. However, his false personality (his "heartless bastard-ness") comes from a mix of his past traumas, the influence of Jenova's cells, and his perception of how a cocky SOLDIER 1st Class would act. So while his fighting style and memories are modeled after Zack's, his personality itself is not. However, some of his more heartfelt reactions early in the game come from the remnants of his real personality buried underneath, trying to surface again.

That's the way I first heard it, and it still sounds right to me. Of course, all of this is just speculation, so ultimately your guess is as good as mine. :D

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
As I said, it would work if the nature of the dialogue choices remains hidden to the player. Unlabeled. Likewise, I don't think that would give away that Cloud necessarily has personality issues; someone who hasn't played FF7 may perceive them as dialogue options like you'd have in Dragon Age games. On the other hand, since the player is bound to choose an "assortment" of answers which depends on the three "personality ingredients", the result will be an appropriate mix of all that. There can also be some "override switches" for one personality traits over the others if the situation warrants: like "original Cloud" remembering the promise, or like "Jenova-puppet Cloud" in the end of the Temple of the Ancients.

In any case, I wonder if the remake will keep the idea of dialogue choices at all. I don't think this element was found in any other Final Fantasy to any significant degree.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I don't think the situation with Cloud's mind is so clear cut. I mean, his subconscious and conscious minds appear to have been separate personalities, considering they interacted to some extent. But at the same time, Cloud also had moments that were genuinely him. While Zack had an effect, on the way he acted, it doesn't seem to be as prominent as many seem to believe, with other elements that don't fit with Zack's established personality. However, I think a lot of that stemmed more from dissociation than mind control. I got the impression that stuff like that only really came into play in the obvious moments like at the temple of the ancients, with the rest being more standard psychological manipulation where people are tricked into doing what someone wants without having their thoughts controlled on a supernatural level.

While Cloud had a lot of issues, he was still sufficiently himself to resist Sephiroth's attempts at controlling him to some extent even when Sephiroth managed to get him to do stuff like hand over the black materia. And then it wasn't really a problem when he figured out who he really was. From what I gather, Sephiroth had to catch him off-guard and use regular manipulation methods to make him vulnerable to that.

Basically, even with the whole memory copying thing, I think Cloud's issues are the result of a more mundane take on psychological issues than a literal patchwork of his personality, Zack's personality and Jenova/Sephiroth's will. Rather, regardless of the exact details of Cloud ending up with bits of Zack and Tifa's memories, it was his mind's attempt at coping with trauma by distancing itself from it that led to Cloud adopting a different personality rather than Sephiroth engineering it for ease of manipulation. Rather, he saw an opportunity and exploited it mercilessly to get back at Cloud for killing him, which is something he never really got over.

For how that would effect dialogue, I figure Cloud's false persona has some consistency to it, but also adapts to the situation, like how the cockiness was mostly dropped somewhere between meeting Aerith and leaving Midgar. Rather than label options the way that was suggested, it'd be better to have the possible responses not be constrained by those, while still giving options like a nice response, an indifferent response and so on depending on the situation. I mean if it's situation where only various ways to tell the person to go screw themselves makes sense, it's not like much more than the wording will be different, though one will likely be more humorous in some way.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Hope they can find the right balance between ignoring the compilation and saturating the game with lots of needless fanservicey cameos and nods. Tough to do right, although I think CC did okay.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Hope they can find the right balance between ignoring the compilation and saturating the game with lots of needless fanservicey cameos and nods. Tough to do right, although I think CC did okay.

Well I don't want them ignoring the Compilation, because that's also important to FFVII. If you really feel that way, then why did they even borther making such a cool series in the first place?

It would make more sense if they added important parts from the Compilation into the remake, as they are re-doing the story content itself. Unless we end up having another FFXIII trilogy.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I don't want them ignoring the compilation either, I'm just wary of lots of cameos that don't make sense. (ie. the plot only works if nobody knows who Cloud is, so we can't bump into Kunsel or Cissnei)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I would actually like to see some cameos, or Easter eggs for various compilation stuff, myself.

I don't want them ignoring the compilation either, I'm just wary of lots of cameos that don't make sense. (ie. the plot only works if nobody knows who Cloud is, so we can't bump into Kunsel or Cissnei)

...imagine how weird that would be if you could run into Kunsel or Cissnei mid-game and they recognize Cloud and Cloud just freaks the fuck out and runs, and whoever is with Cloud at the time is like, "Who was that, Cloud?" and Cloud's like "I don't...know...?" and it totally fucks with Cloud's head (and the player's head, if they don't know the story). As long as they work whoever recognizes Cloud into a flashback, it could totally work.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I did say 'the right balance', didn't I? As in 'between the two'.

I think CC managed it, we get to meet Yuffie and name Seventh Heaven, but they happened in a way that fit the story, more or less. We got a nod to Vincent without actually prying open the coffin and saying hello.

I just don't want every significant character in the backstory to show up unless they have a decent reason to. BC went overboard with the cameos IMO.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
We got a nod to Vincent without actually prying open the coffin and saying hello.

I would've liked to have seen his face, but hey, at least he was acknowledged. XD

I just don't want every significant character in the backstory to show up unless they have a decent reason to.

I couldn't help but imagine this.

who1_by_bahamutdeusmodus-d9a184h.jpg

:bigmonster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom