Horizon II Forbidden West

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I guess if your console doesn't have a internet connection, you just have to live with the issues?

Don’t really understand this. I’m as grognardy as they come without being a card-carrying Luddite, but this attitude is extreme, and, like, not based in reality? Even if you bought the disc version you still need an internet connection to install the game. Patches are as standard of an affair as discs being glorified download codes. It beggars belief that anyone who can put out for a PS4/5 is without a home internet connection.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Don’t really understand this. I’m as grognardy as they come without being a card-carrying Luddite, but this attitude is extreme, and, like, not based in reality? Even if you bought the disc version you still need an internet connection to install the game.
This only applies to games on Microsoft console, majority of physical releases on Sony and Nintendo playforms have the whole game on disc and don't requiere internet download.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Difficult? Psssshhhh, this game is super easy. Just play on easy, like I do muahahaha
Yesterday I made the decision to change to easy, and that was the right idea. The combat is still challenging enough that you can't just button mash, but it's not at an aneurysm-popping level of difficulty. Hell, even on easy I still had a bitch of a time fighting a certain gigantic fucking boss, and burned through every potion I had.

I honestly think that some enemies are unfairly designed, with no way to avoid/counter their attacks. Not to mention how they predict your moves so accurately.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Yesterday I made the decision to change to easy, and that was the right idea. The combat is still challenging enough that you can't just button mash, but it's not at an aneurysm-popping level of difficulty. Hell, even on easy I still had a bitch of a time fighting a certain gigantic fucking boss, and burned through every potion I had.

I honestly think that some enemies are unfairly designed, with no way to avoid/counter their attacks. Not to mention how they predict your moves so accurately.

Yeah, even on easy, I still have difficulty with the "easy" machines.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I'm learning they made it a point to make traps waaay more potent this time around. Melee is effectively useless for me, unless I'm fighting a human 1v1. But I was straight demolishing a thunderjaw with some traps.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Guess I should be using traps more often. :monster:

Although by now I have a pretty good arsenal of different elemental weapons, a sharpshot bow that can do a ton of damage and a bunch of explodey spikes that can really fuck shit up :monster:

Sidenote: Burrowers are way too cute, I don't like killing them :(

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Yeah, I haven't used traps very much just yet. In the first one, I used em all the time in the cauldrons and on Thunderjaws though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I remember the traps being pretty effective in the first one...but for a game this long and expansive, I got bored of spending so much time on preparation for each of the zillion encounters. Taking note of their walking pattern, waiting for them to pass, setting the trap(s), etc. It'd be one thing if it was in a tight, linear 15 hour action game, lol.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I remember the traps being pretty effective in the first one...but for a game this long and expansive, I got bored of spending so much time on preparation for each of the zillion encounters. Taking note of their walking pattern, waiting for them to pass, setting the trap(s), etc. It'd be one thing if it was in a tight, linear 15 hour action game, lol.
If you spend points in the trapper skill tree, you can throw trip wires down super fast. Rather than having to place two individual (which is still an option), you can just spam a bunch of medium-width wires wherever you're aiming. It's great if you need to drop something now.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Finally finished. Kotallo and Zo were my favorite characters. Thankfully the story was engaging because the bugs and glitches were irritating the hell out of me. Was it the same for ps5 users?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Finally finished. Kotallo and Zo were my favorite characters. Thankfully the story was engaging because the bugs and glitches were irritating the hell out of me. Was it the same for ps5 users?
PS5 user here. I didn't notice a ton of glitches. I did have a few crashes, but we're talking once every few days. More than it should be, but also not so regular as to be game-ruining. If anything, I was really impressed with how well it ran.

And yeah, Kotallo is the man.
88fc850219ff0a73f1805092df86e26c7eb12bcf.gifv

Also I was a little worried early on...
Erend put out some serious "Nice Guy" vibes, getting all pissy when Aloy turned him down. I'm glad he eventually bounced back.

Fangu

Great Old One
I'm at the very end, only the final part of the main quest to go.

Been playing this game a lot, thankk I'm not the only one to find it a little difficult. I'm still playing on normal but some of the boss battles had me pretty furious lol.

I've mostly played Infiltrator mode, I love the variety of traps in this one. Also, the boltblaster. <3

Story has been decent so far, I really like Aloy in this one, she's more fleshed out I think but I still think they could have gone further with the characters, as in, still room for more dramatics. I really like Kotallo and a certain person in a white shirt, I think that was a really interesting add of character.

Ashly Burch really shines in this one.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
PS5 user here. I didn't notice a ton of glitches. I did have a few crashes, but we're talking once every few days. More than it should be, but also not so regular as to be game-ruining. If anything, I was really impressed with how well it ran.

And yeah, Kotallo is the man.
88fc850219ff0a73f1805092df86e26c7eb12bcf.gifv

Also I was a little worried early on...
Erend put out some serious "Nice Guy" vibes, getting all pissy when Aloy turned him down. I'm glad he eventually bounced back.

I kind of figured it wouldn't be too bad for ps5 users.

I really liked Kotallo's voice actor. The combination of that with his dialogue, was perfect. His voice was similar to Caius (ff13-2)

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of his character. I did like his scene with Aloy at the end though. Them being drunk/tipsy was pretty funny

Fangu

Great Old One
Finished a couple of days ago. I'm pretty happy with the game overall. Going into the final mission was a lot of fun,
Aloy and Erend party bantering like good old HZD friends. Aloy sounded like she was smiling. Got me all riled up for the final battles. Although Erend was pretty annoying shouting at me to use Acid on the Specters, lol. In the end I was grateful though because the Prime Specter almost had me dead when I remembered to pull out my Elite Acid Traps. BOOM. Thanks husband.

I read that for patch 1.09 they nerfed the Legendary weapons. I'm not too bothered because I got my first Legendary today, still using Purple gear, it's working fine imo. Not sure how much end game stuff I'll be going for but the Platinum seems doable enough. Waiting for NG+ patch. Oh, and someone said the weapon nerf could be due to DLC preparations. DO WANT

Yeah I like this game

Top Bottom