How many of you finished ff7

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
What's funny is when you name Cloud Superdork and you just picture her facepalming and going, "oh Superdork..."

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Really, outside of Beatrix, Vivi, Freya and Kuja, what's it got going on? Mikoto's more interesting than most of the crew.

I wanted her in my fucking party.
I'd have traded Steiner, Eiko, Amarant and Quina to make it happen.
:monster: THIS. Mikoto was awesome. She always makes me crack up on disc 4.

I've completed FFVII about three or so times, now. The first time I played it, I didn't, but that was a friend's copy, and he traded it away after completing it, although he was letting me and two/three other friends having a go through of it ourselves. WTF man?

Last completed playthrough... the timer gave up. I know I played at least twenty hours longer than the 99:59 it shows...
What's funny is when you name Cloud Superdork and you just picture her facepalming and going, "oh Superdork..."
I once called Cloud "Han Solo" and Barret "Jabba". I gave up when Jabba was lecturing Han Solo about the fate of the Planet.

Gale

Read My Mind
It took something like 45 hours and I beat it...oh god it must have been 9 years ago when I finished it for the first time.

I beat it in like... '97 actually lol first time took me around 55 hours, was my first rpg, and I replayed it countless times after.

Now, I cant seem to get through it. I'll play for awhile, put it down for months, come back and not wanna continue my game, so I'll start a new one.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I can't remember how long it took me. :/ But I have beat it.

@FFVIII comments: I'm the same way. Got to the part where you try to get into the Lunatic Pandora, then just never finished. Maybe if the main characters didn't make me want to smack them around so much I would have done it.

@FFIX comments: Say what you will but I have no memory of this Mikoto person. :/

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
@FFIX comments: Say what you will but I have no memory of this Mikoto person. :/
She came in pretty late in the game and didn't have a huge role, so it's understandable. She was
the third angel of death Garland made since both Kuja and Zidane defied him. At the end of the game she makes a small speech about Kuja. That's...pretty much it.

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
I've played through it 3 times. I can't remember the playtime but generally I finished within 2 weeks. Lots of sleepless nights :)

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I never actually went through the whole thing. The furthest I got, it was right before the final battle and I was trying to finish up the sidequests and just sorta set it aside, then lost my PS1 memory card. Never found it, either.

Right now, my current play through, I am right after Cloud gets his shit together in the Lifestream and next stop is the Underwater Reactor. This one I'm determined to finish, and stand at 33:22 hours, at level 51, with 1,223,548 gil. :monster:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I never even got past the first disc. And doubt I ever will.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
She came in pretty late in the game and didn't have a huge role, so it's understandable. She was
the third angel of death Garland made since both Kuja and Zidane defied him. At the end of the game she makes a small speech about Kuja. That's...pretty much it.

o i c. I'm really bad at remembering names. :monster:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
The abundance of them makes it even better. I have like three that I don't even use, they just piggyback on my spare materia slots to gain AP so I can sell them later :awesome:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
The first time that happened I couldn't stop picturing an itty bitty little materia 'baby' bouncing next to it's 'parent' :monster:

But that makes it even more awesome because you never even have to buy any more :awesome:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think I nearly shit my pants when I first saw how much a mastered All materia went for. Immediately equipped them all and bought the Villa. :monster:

Hey, that's something a remake could have, more random pointless stuff like that for you to buy! :monster:

Mastered All materia...
Yes, once I'd mastered my first All, I did wonder why Cloud had to work for a living in ACC. That was before my party and I blew the lot on breeding a gold chocobo. Worth it, though.....

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
It's probably harder to master an all in-universe than it is in gameplay. I would assume, anyway.

And FF7 definitely needed more gil sinks.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I said more. :monster: That number, in my post up there? "1,223,548 gil"? Yea, that's -after- buying Villa Cloud, a Gold Saucer lifetime pass, and blowing a bunch of gil at Fort Condor.

Cloud_Strife

Whatever...
AKA
Akaka
I finished it 3 times...with 60hrs play each...I want to play it again but I really want a remake for that...

Last edited:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I think it's always for sale.

Ah, the Master All Materia was a lifesaver to many people :awesome:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
@FFVIII comments: I'm the same way. Got to the part where you try to get into the Lunatic Pandora, then just never finished. Maybe if the main characters didn't make me want to smack them around so much I would have done it.

RE: FFVIII. Yeah, you aren't missing much there. But, you should charge in, just for the FMV/cut-scene with the Ragnarok causing havoc. :awesome:

RE: Mikoto. How dare you. Mind you, it seems to be the most common reaction. :P And for the first few hours of appearing in the game, she wasn't even named. Merely "Mysterious Girl".

I like to think that each time you sold a Mastered All, Yuffie sobbed. :P "Juuust... one... plleeeeeeaaase?"

Top Bottom