SPOILERS If Genesis does return, how would you like to see him handled?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
You know, in nearly every discussion about Genesis we have in here I feel tempted to make a Sega joke, even though they probably stopped being funny a long, long time ago.
I would like to put a cartridge in his mouth. But like, a bullet cartridge not a game cartridge because ha ha Gackt bad die plz. Ha ha get it?

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I'm sure it's been said already, but I'd like for him to not be spouting off poetry every 5 seconds like a pretentious hipster english major. :monster:

Same. There is a potentially interesting character buried somewhere deep down in there, but the constant poetry recitals puts me off of making any actual effort to uncover it

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Which song would you all like to accompany his inevitable entrance in the remake? He needs to walk in to the scene in slow mo, and suddenly a tune starts to play as gamers cheer.

I'm torn on them...part of me says Tina Turner's 'Simply the Best'...but 'Angels' by Robbie Williams also works:

'I sit and wait, [Genesis in his water bubble.]
'Does an angel contemplate my fate?' [Minerva watching over him.]

Cae Lumis

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Maybe bring in Takeharo Ishimoto (Crisis Core's composer), or Yoko Shimomura (of Kingdom Hearts fame) to compose a whole new theme for him... since um... he currently most shares his theme with several variations on Zack's Theme "Successor", the Last Stand Theme "The Price of Freedom", and his boss themes "Black Wing Unfurled" & "The Planet Has Become My Guardian". Hmm... maybe something inspired by the general melody of "Black Wing Unfurled" since it has more of a character to it?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The closest themes I can think of as being Genesis' "Theme" it would be "Blazing Through the Battlefield" followed up by "The Planet Has Become My Guardian".

"Blazing Through the Battlefield" is the theme that plays during the Genesis vs Sephrioth fight on the Junon Canon before One Winged Angel starts up. And the chord progression and overall melody crops up in "The Planet Has Become My Guardian" later on. In fact... you could almost see "Blazing Through the Battlefield" functioning as a musical prologue to "The Planet Has Become My Guardian" given how late the shared part comes in.

However, I fully expect it to get a rewrite (or just a new theme to be made all together. Ishimoto's style of hard guitars is... I honestly can't imagine Hamauzu doing something that sounds remotly similar to it. It just wouldn't fit into the sound he wants for the Remake series at this point.

wildestdream

Pro Adventurer
I actually really like Genesis. You see where Nomura got his inspiration in 90s Visual Kei with the Gackt link. And Genesis himself contributes a lot to Sephiroth's backstory. As does Angeal (whom I hope we see again too). I like Sephy having a solid backplot (I also like the link to Vincent).

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Ishimoto's work on CC is pretty darn good. I really like the use of the guitar, and tracks like Price of Freedom, Under the Apple Tree, Night of Seclusion, Moonlight Wandering.

D

Deleted member 13557

Since Genesis plays a major role in me not wanting to go back to CC, I'd like to see him handled... either not at all, or in comedically aggressive fashion.

Top Bottom