• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

kickin' it old school

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Anyone had a tamagotchi here when they were kids?

i had almost every tamagotchi and knockoff variation. fucking loved those things. i'm actually kind of surprised they haven't made a comeback with the rise of cell phone games (or maybe they have and i just haven't been paying attention).

i remember one time my egg hatched during an assembly about conduct. you could have heard a pin drop in that room and all over a sudden 8 BIT HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
i had almost every tamagotchi and knockoff variation. fucking loved those things. i'm actually kind of surprised they haven't made a comeback with the rise of cell phone games (or maybe they have and i just haven't been paying attention).

i remember one time my egg hatched during an assembly about conduct. you could have heard a pin drop in that room and all over a sudden 8 BIT HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

I never had one of those digital pets but I always did see them in the stores at the check out line.Those tamagotchi things have been only popular in Japan where they maitain their mainstream status.

Speaking of which I remember having a few pokemon vhs's.When pokemon first came out a lot of students at my summer school at pokemon stuff.Yes,from Kindergarden to third grade my summers were spent at summer school.Although I do have some pleasant memories on the other hand I feel a little jibbed.Yeah,I have mixed feelings about summer school.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Anyone had a tamagotchi here when they were kids? I found one of mine in my closet. My pets never survived more than a few days. -_-

I had one too, and I loved it a lot. My school had a rule that students weren't allowed to take those in school though, so my mom took it to work and kept it alive while I was in school. :3 I think I still have it somewhere, I could play with it now that I have a holiday. :D

Speaking of which I remember having a few pokemon vhs's.When pokemon first came out a lot of students at my summer school at pokemon stuff.

And Pokemon... So many good memories! I loved the tv show as a kid and I was crazy about the little pokemon figurines, and I used to play with my friends with them. I especially loved my Arcanine. I still have those somewhere too. And I also have the Pokemon Yellow on the gameboy colour, and I still play it once in a while.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I had one of those Pikachu tamagatchis in elementary school, but this girl who used to bully me stole it and broke it :(

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I used to have cards and a silver Charizard card. I was convinced there was a shiny mewtwo card but as I grew older I failed to find it. :[

Pixel

The Pixie King
I have a furby buried in my mum's garden. Im imagining archeologists digging it up in thousands of years, thinking the world was inhabited by sophisticated AI with their own language. :P

Ghost X

Things I remember from the 80s:

- Watching music on television.
- VHS players.
- Having to change the channel by walking to the CRT TV. Needing to tune in channels manually. Static.
- Watching The Addam's family re-runs.
- Recording songs with my brother on tape.
- He-man, Transformers, smurfs. Other such things.
- The best transformers toys ever.
- Vague memories regarding significant world events on the news.
- Lots of driving around in cars.
- Recurring nightmares with hairy monsters, paper cutout intruders, and michael jackson (how prophetic :awesome:).
- Watching The Thriller at my grandparents'.
- My family was a lot more tolerant and friendly to each other (aunts and uncles etc). Now there are a lot of divisions and estrangements =p.
- Hearing 1950s and 1960s music regularly on the radio, just as we hear 20-30 year old music a lot now.
- Remembering 1980s music when it was new :awesome:.
- Seeing decor from the 1950s and 1960s in houses. Wasn't a big fan of it.
- 1970s and 1980s decor wasn't much better :awesome:.
- Watching new things, and feeling that they were old.
- Mullets, and other horrid fashion. My god.
- Vinyl lining of car seats. So fucking hot to touch in summer. Seat belt buckles were generally mostly metal as well, have burnt myself on them a few times in the summer heat.
- I honestly don't remember how I managed to keep myself entertained before I was in school. S'pose I went with mum as she did housewife duties =p.
- Staring into the sun, and somehow managing not to burn holes in my retinas for some reason.
- Remembering areas before the significant suburban sprawl/development of the 1990s and 2000s =p.
- Oh oh, and Atari and Commodore 64.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Does any girl here remember Diva Starz?I had the black diva star doll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diva_Starz

If I remember these dolls came out the same time as Bratz.I remember getting a Bratz doll the year before I decided to stop playing with dolls.

Ghost X,being a child of the 80's must have really been great.Although I kinda of envy you I still like being born on 1992.Lets just say that Disney was apart of my life during preschool,kindergarden,and early elementary school.I especially remember always having those Disney Sing Along Songs on VHS.Or those Disney Read and Play CDROME games.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

my parents would listen to this song on tape in the car all the time. and i just like shiina ringo a lot so it's old nostalgia and slightly-not-as-old nostalgia.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
My memories about the 90's is that my dad used to wear a fade.I still keep telling him that its coming back.Although he says his time with the fade has come and gone.I can't blame him if he doesn't want to have it.

I also remembering Brandy's Cinderella which I like to watch once in a while.I still love it after all these years and I also love its multiethnic cast which gives the movie a disntinct feeling.Not to mention Bernedette Peters' was made to be the role of the stepmother.Lets not forget the Asian actor for the prince he was so fine.

Ghost X

- Also those phones where you have to twirl the number around and wait for it to wind back before you do the next number.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
- Also those phones where you have to twirl the number around and wait for it to wind back before you do the next number.

Oh,man those phones I don't think anyone except antique collectors have them.I guess the next thing to mention are those blocky cellphones that people used to carry around.And the thing is it used to be a sign that you were rich.

Splintered

unsavory tart
This comes much later but I remember being morally outraged when Napster was taken down.

Hahahaha Napster. *changes tab to piratebay*

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Things I remember from the 80s:

- VHS players.
- Having to change the channel by walking to the CRT TV. Needing to tune in channels manually. Static.

This, in inverse order; when we got a VHS player, we suddenly could change channels via a remote control. Mind = blown.

We got cable quite late, too, iirc. The start of a period of us attached to the TV, Cartoon Network, music television (when they still showed music. Shitty music, but the video clips were hypnotizing or some shit), and DBZ. Over 9000.

On an unrelated note, insert big fat diskette #1 to boot up operating system, then after that's done, pull a lever, remove big fat diskette #1 and replace with big fat diskette #2, a:, PARATROP, KILL ALL THE THINGS

Ghost X

^The first VHS player I recall having was one with a pop-up casette input thingy. I don't think that one had a remote control =p. It also didn't work very well when you put chocolate teddies into it, as I did, being a 2 year old :awesome:.
- Printers that had those ribbon things, that basically screamed when you printed something. Let me try to put it into text: SCREEEEEEEEEE SCREEEEEEEEEEEE vmmm brrrr SCREEEEEEEEEEE SCREEEEEEEE vmmm brrr.
- I remember the time I learnt to spell kangaroo in kindergarten :awesome:, and I remember I had difficulty counting to 20 at the same age... as well as apparently crossing my arms, as my 5th birthday picture shows.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that's so new wave old school

i remember when kh was the fresh new thing on the video game scene

do kids still say 'scene'?

or 'fresh'?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Was that Bionic 6, Pixiedust? I remember one called Zack Files as well from that Demon Headmaster series.

Lex

Administrator
lol Demon headmaster too.

Do you remember an australian show about a ginger family from space? Cant remember much else about it, but i remember liking it.

Yes, but exact same situation. I also remember a show called Aquila about a boy who finds a little spaceship pod or something that can turn itself invisible.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
20130224_111341_zps385273dd.jpg

Go, go power rangers!

:monster:

Top Bottom