kickin' it old school

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I remember having the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie as a kid.I still have it to this day.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
around the twist is the only aussie show i remember but not sure if that included any outer space gingers

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
I remember when I didn't need a Galaxy SIII.

I remember when I didn't need an iPad Mini.

I remember when I didn't need a Macbook Pro.

Or a PS3 or an XBOX 360.

I remember when I didn't need an HDTV.

I remember when all I needed was my Gameboy Pocket.

0d1c3___Game_Boy_Pocket__2314388591_a39812f051.jpg

Good times.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Sweet, sweet Game Boy, my trusty companion as a child, so many wonderful hours I spent on you playing Tetris, Super Mario and Pokemon.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I once got a bank account just because they gave you a free GBPocket.

I still use that very account to this day.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Isn't that the film Journey of the Navigator?

Is that the same as Flight of the Navigator? I fucking loved that film.
around the twist is the only aussie show i remember but not sure if that included any outer space gingers

Have you ever, ever felt like this?
Have strange things happened,
Are you going round the twist?

All I remember from that show is the theme tune, the lighthouse and the episode where everyone got covered in birdshit :monster:

Wasn't the The Girl From Tomorrow Australian too? It was time travel, not space based iirc, dunno if there was anyone ginger in it though.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I remember that British cartoon series Kipper that aired in Nick Jr.Did any of you British users ever see Kipper?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Yeah I remember Kipper....even though I was 16 when it first came on TV and therefore I was too old to be watching it :lol:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah I remember Kipper....even though I was 16 when it first came on TV and therefore I was too old to be watching it :lol:

Man,I remember Nick Jr when they had face as the host.Man,although I found to be a bit annoying at times it just feels different now without him.Most Nick Jr hosts don't have that thing that Face had.

Most kiddie shows only cater to their target audience but some shows like Aurthor actually like to appeal to a multiple demographic.I say a good kid's show is one that is smart and can get adults/teens to watch on their own.Thats why I like this new show in Disney Junior called Doc Mcstuffins.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Is that the same as Flight of the Navigator? I fucking loved that film.

Have you ever, ever felt like this?
Have strange things happened,
Are you going round the twist?

All I remember from that show is the theme tune, the lighthouse and the episode where everyone got covered in birdshit :monster:

Wasn't the The Girl From Tomorrow Australian too? It was time travel, not space based iirc, dunno if there was anyone ginger in it though.
Oh yeah, it was Flight of the Navigator. I had a crush on Sarah Jessica Parker in that.

Found it, its called Halfway Across The Galaxy And Turn Left :)

I miss having great kids tv presenters like Philip Schoffield,Andy Peters, Sarah Greene, Emma Forbes and Ant & Dec. We really had it good back then.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i remember when Richard Bacon was sacked for doing cocaine. now that's all i can think of whenever i see him.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind

NcabHVk.jpg

MAI 90S CHILDHOOD (of which Best Buy replaced Media Play soon after, when it had those big mutliplex tv screens where everybody in the store could see you play video games like it was the 1989 Wizard movie)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^Early 90's architecture right there folks. It's like they just had a bunch of kids building blocks and thought 'Yes Toytown!'

No nostalgia thread would be complete without:

I know they redid the Mute City music for the subsequent Fzero games but this will always be the best for me.

Also Ghouls and Ghosts, this is the Commadore 64 version, but I played it on the AtariST. I think this music is much better than the SNES or Megadrive versions:

Fangu

Great Old One
OMG the Game Boy. I got mine at Christmas when I was 11 and it was my most valued possession. I think I had a total of 4 games and I must have played them a zillion times. I think I can still beat Tatanga in 15 seconds.

Also does anyone remember this show?

Ghost X

^I think I do. Wasn't that an Australian TV show? *googles* Yes, yes, it was. It is actually one of the only Australian TV shows I didn't watch much of. The only chance I got to watch it was maybe on my time off school or during holidays when I think re-runs were shown. Not sure when it was actually aired. Of course, I don't think it is shown any more. I don't think I've seen it for like 15 years.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i remember some show that i think was australian that was basically a mad max style post apocalyptic story where all the main roles were children

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
i remember some show that i think was australian that was basically a mad max style post apocalyptic story where all the main roles were children

Was it The Tribe?

Edit: I remember when they would put prizes in crisp packets. Gotta collect those pogs.

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
pepper ann, pepper ann
she's too cool for seventh grade

pepper ann she's like one in a milliooooOOOOOOON

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage