Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
So is anyone looking foward to this game?
I'm only gonna buy it if it has Final Fantasy characters :hohum:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I am. Sort of. If it wasn't for N3DS.

I wasn't planning on buying the machine, so I might get the game without it, and only buy a N3DS once its prize has dropped like hell.

I haven't been interested in the franchise since Kingdom Hearts 2, but I still keep up with the games just in case something does interest me. If they ever went back to the feel of the first game I'd start getting into it again.

The only reason I ever cared about Kingdom Hearts is because of the Final Fantasy characters. Unfortunately they are not nearly as abundant as the Disney characters and worlds, so KH has always been a disappointing series for me. =/

So no, I'm not looking forward to this game.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I've never even heard of this game. I really wanna replay KH2 now, though. xD

And nah, probably won't bother with any new KH thing that isn't the KH3 that will never be made.

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Maybe during my Kingdom Hearts Phase I would have brought this, I lost interest in Kingdom Hearts after 1 and 2 came out(Well I moved on to FF), Those two will always be the best-_-.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The only reason I ever cared about Kingdom Hearts is because of the Final Fantasy characters. Unfortunately they are not nearly as abundant as the Disney characters and worlds, so KH has always been a disappointing series for me. =/

So no, I'm not looking forward to this game.

Well it was never about the FF characters in the first place.

Always saddens me a little bit when people say they only play it for the FF characters. I'm glad they're hardly using them anymore and let KH stand on its own feet.

Well it was never about the FF characters in the first place.

Always saddens me a little bit when people say they only play it for the FF characters. I'm glad they're hardly using them anymore and let KH stand on its own feet.

Perhaps I exaggerated a bit, because the Sora-Riku-Kairi story was something I DID care about, but the high amount of reliance on Disney worlds and characters is what bothers me. So in that sense KH is not standing on "its own feet", while on the other hand the stuff that defines Kingdom Hearts alone has expanded, yes.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So in that sense KH is not standing on "its own feet", while on the other hand the stuff that defines Kingdom Hearts alone has expanded, yes.

Um yes it is. Kingdom Hearts IS Disney. The journey through Disney worlds is a core part of it. It's what makes Kingdom Hearts what it is.

Um yes it is. Kingdom Hearts IS Disney. The journey through Disney worlds is a core part of it. It's what makes Kingdom Hearts what it is.

What I meant with "the stuff that defines Kingdom Hearts alone", was the parts of the universe that is from neither Disney nor Final Fantasy. Like the Destiny Islands, Organization XIII, the keyblade warriors etc.
So yes I could have worded that better.

Yes, the journey through the Disney worlds has obviously been a core part of the experience from the beginning. My point is that I never liked this. The beginning and ending of the first Kingdom Hearts is an awesome ride, while it feels like the story stops when you are journeying through the Disney realms.

Kingdom Hearts II is a bit better at focusing on the actual story, plus returning you to Hollow Bastion in the middle of the game and letting you see the Final Fantasy characters in action.

So whatever KH is or is not, I would have enjoyed it more if there had been proportionally less Disney in it.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I agree with mog. It didnt have that spirit or adventurous feel I enjoyed with KH, these organizers sort of killed it for me. had there been 2-3 and not 13 of these fuckers, I would've enjoyed it more. They should've used final fantasy villains for god's sake, combine with disney villains or some shit idk? thats what the fucking cross over is for isn't it? It would've been fun to fight Jecht's final aeon or kick Garland's ass. Something thats a good mix with both worlds uppened up to the scale. That's what I expected with 2 at least, not these pretty boy images from Planet of the fabios.

Sorry for my rant, I just enjoyed the first game so much, so little had been done to uppen up the epic feel the first had ; . ;

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
I got Birth by Sleep and I was really pleased with that game, except it was entirely too short (I always like origin stories and it's really interesting to see the buildup to the first game). It's been my favorite of the series so far but I don't think I'll be getting this game, mostly because I don't have a 3DS.

If it sounds interesting, maybe, but meh I'm not dying for it. I certainly wasn't interested in 358/2 Days.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm not getting 3D because I won't be getting a 3DS and also the only way to show them that enough is enough with this handheld filler bullshit is by not buying it. :P

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Go to Hell Kingdom Hearts. Fuck you for drawing this shit out.

Call me when you're ready to play with the big boys again, and not just keep derping out sequels on handhelds for a quick buck.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
KH3 will be made once the team isn't occupied with Versus anymore.

In other words, we'll get it in...12 years? Sounds like a good guess to me. I'm takin bets though. :awesome:

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I love BBS, but 385 days or whatever was terrible, and Coded is pointless, it doesn't affect the main story in any way so what's the point of playing ?
I MIGHT buy it, because I love the characters Sora and Riku, though the story has to be good, and it has to be fucking worth it. Otherwise what would be the point in buying and making the damn thing ? I'm still furious over Coded, but BBS was pretty good and decent and it makes the setup for KH3 sound interesting.

But if Dream Drop doesn't have a good story, good Disney levels, good FF cameos, and good music, then it would just be like Coded, a waste of time.

They really should of just made BBS and never should of created 385 days or Coded, and too many spin offs are just destroying the series.

Oh and I won't buy the game if it has Terra in it, because Terra is a douchebag and a idiot. He deserves to have his heart taken over to darkness.
And how dare you steal the heroine of FF6's name. >_________>

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I saw 9000/1 days on wiki and same for coded and read the plot there. that's how much I didnt care for both titles. But BBS was alright to me, its too damn short though. that's what we get when Nomura decides to hit the handhelds and not the consoles where real men/fans acknowledge such titles.

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA

Oh and I won't buy the game if it has Terra in it, because Terra is a douchebag and a idiot. He deserves to have his heart taken over to darkness.
And how dare you steal the heroine of FF6's name. >_________>

Her name was first Tina :awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Pardon my sudden change of topic. Why did they change her name to terra anyway? I like tina branford more. We wouldn't have this confusion today had the translators stuck to tina :monster:

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Pardon my sudden change of topic. Why did they change her name to terra anyway? I like tina branford more. We wouldn't have this confusion today had the translators stuck to tina :monster:
I think it was the same thing that happend to Aeriths name :(
the translators mistranslated her name

Top Bottom