Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think it was the same thing that happend to Aeriths name :(
the translators mistranslated her name

No it was intentional. The reason was that Tina sounds like a generic name to us whereas in Japan it's probably more exotic. So it was made to sound more exotic for us as well. :monster:

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
No it was intentional. The reason was that Tina sounds like a generic name to us whereas in Japan it's probably more exotic. So it was made to sound more exotic for us as well. :monster:
Ohh :lol:, I was just guessing that it was the reason

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I would rather they concentrated on KH3, although I suppose 3D is like a prequel to this of sorts but still, I'm not going out of my way to buy a 3DS for it, if I want to know what happens I'll look for the videos of cutscenes and what not online.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
To be honest I think they should have maintained the old formula, which is:

KH1 on PS2.
KHCoM as a "sugbame" on a handheld.
KH2 on PS2.
KH:BBS as a "subgame" on a handheld.
(KH3 on PS3)
Another "subgame" on a handheld.
KH4...

At least it would have made sense; you could still play only the main games and understand the story, but the "subgames" would help get deeper in it. Instead of that, we have Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, 358/2 days, Coded, KH3D... the list seems to be endless.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So what I don't get is how this game is supposed to be about Sora and Riku after KH2, going through the Keyblade Master Exam, yet...It has them looking like their old selves in KH1 and fighting old enemies and shit.

They're saying its not a rehash but almost everything we see states otherwise.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Nomura said there was apparently a reason for them looking like their KH1 selves. Apparently, they'll have a different look later on or something.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I would be totally on board with the "lost interest in shit after 2" if it weren't for Birth By Sleep. Seriously, if you haven't tried it, do so.

But OT, screw 3D, I want nothing to do with it.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
You know what, just call me back when we get a legit third part not this crap. And I'm also gonna say that if you guys have a PSP, seriously give Birth By Sleep a try.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
TWEWY IS THE BEST GAME FOR THE DS

I AM SO HAPPY

NEKKKUUUU

IT IS WORTH IT TO BUY A 3DS FOR YOU... SO WORTH IT.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
091511.jpg

01_91511.jpg

FINALLY some new clothes.

91511.jpg

http://www.kh-vids.net/ said:
Neku appears as a guest character in Sora's side of the TGS demo -- though not a playable guest. Both Neku and his rival/friend/frienemy Riku team up with captured dream-monsters this time around rather than fighting alongside licensed characters. Neku's role is more that of the Disney-world guests from previous games. He shows up, reveals that he's caught in a "game," leaving him 43 minutes to win or die. Naturally, he asks Sora to be his partner but ultimately decides the tousle-haired protagonist is "a weird guy" and takes off. Sora follows, riding rails in pursuit of Neku, but quickly encounters a boss battle set in a cul-de-sac of Traverse Town.

Both sides of the demo (Sora and Riku) are essentially the same, really: A brief story set-up, a few set encounters, and a boss fight. Riku interacts with Quasimoto from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is admittedly less interesting than Neku; on the other hand, Riku has a double-jump, which is always great. The demo is just enough to give a feel for what KH3D adds to the series. While the camera is still a hyperactive mess that makes boss battles a pain (all the 3DS's buttons are used, so there's no lock-on system that I could find), everything else about the game feels significantly improved over previous Kingdom Hearts. The action is fluid and smooth, with much more refined combat. Fighting enemies feels less like combo-driven button mashing that locks your hero into canned animations than in previous installments, and your skill set has been improved considerably. Both demo characters possess a standard repertoire of magic skills such as Cura and Blizzaga, which are activated and cycled through as they were in Birth By Sleep, but they also can perform special Dual Link attacks with their partners by pressing Y.
Dual Link skills are context-sensitive and seem to vary according to your current partners, enemies, and positioning. You can pull off different skills while on the ground or in the air. A key part of these skills seems to be something called (inexplicably) Holy Rope, which are a series of nodes placed around battlefields. Pressing A and X while near one of these Holy Rope points freezes the action and allows you to use the touch screen to draw connections between points on the area map, which then sends Sora or Riku dashing through the air along the prescribed course. Using the Holy Rope paths to intersect foes allows you to pull off standard or special attacks while they're otherwise out of reach.

The TGS demo of Dream Drop Distance is fairly brief -- about 20 minutes to complete both portions -- but shows a game that looks and plays beautifully. Square hasn't formally announced a U.S. release date for KH3D, but the notion that they wouldn't localize such a sure hit is enough to get a man laughed out of the room. Honestly now.

Source: http://www.kh-vids.net/

Seriously, finally some new clothes.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
World Ends With You! Interesting notion! Hoping for some more worlds from Square this time around. : ))

Hoping Tangled makes it through...

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
If I knew what TWEWY was I'd be excited. I still am, but for a different reason - with a third franchise making it's entry into the series, all bets are off on who else could be getting in, from the Disney or SE side.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I'm fairly certain that's their master plan, yes.

Also, something about Sora and Riku's new outfits bugged me, just figured out what it was -
Not enough belts and zippers.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Between the new outfits, and Neku's appearance... I'm honestly kinda interested now.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I think Sora, Kairi and Riku should meet Neku, Shiki, and Joshu. Because they're all like twins.
besides shiki's true form
It's just that the TWEWY gang looks a lot cooler than they do... and hopefully won't be anorexic on a 3DS. :monster:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
FUCK THIS SHIT! I WILL GET THE 3DS.... NEKU +SORA+RIKU...SOOOO WORTH IT!!!
feTLN.gif

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Well, at least we dont have zippers on em anymore. Btw, are those new team mates with Sora? where's my trusty sidekicks, Duck and Dog?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Just wait till they end up canonically crossing KH and Dissidia.
Wasn't this what SE was going to do until Disney said they didn't want the Disney characters fighting each other?

It's also difficult to do as the SE characters in KH are all from Radiant Garden instead of their own worlds the way they are in Dissidia.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
^ Which means they'll have to create an explanation and make everything even more convoluted, like the Dissidia counterparts being their nobodies, or something.

Fuck, the more I say it, the scarier it sounds.

Top Bottom