Kingdom Hearts III

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well that was a hilarious piss take, if I ever saw one.

I'm just gonna say, it's gonna be interesting to see what some of the reviews for the game will be once judgment day finally arrives.

I predict it'll settle on an 83 to 85 meta critic score.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I want to avoid spoilers, but can anyone give their thoughts on the voice acting in this pne? Specifically Xehanort, what with the unfortunate passing of Nimoy a few years back.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Speaking of the voice acting, super random, but is the narrator from the Memory Archive Kari from Digimon?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I think you're right, because if I recall correctly, she also voices Chirithy in Back Cover X.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I'll be getting it today and maybe starting the game...

But then I'm on a trip until the 15th of February, followed by three or four days of work and another 4 full days of work.

So while my first day on KH3 will be today, my second will most likely happen... on the 22nd of February. Wish me luck :lol: .

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I'll be getting it today and maybe starting the game...

But then I'm on a trip until the 15th of February, followed by three or four days of work and another 4 full days of work.

So while my first day on KH3 will be today, my second will most likely happen... on the 22nd of February. Wish me luck :lol: .

Yep, no KH3 for me. A fucking stupid home situation prevented me from getting there before 9pm, which was the time the shop was closing. Of course I was actually inside the shop at 9:02pm with two clerks inside who said: "Sorry, we're closed". And there was no working around that.

Since I am not in Spain tomorrow during working hours and I am leaving the day after, I have preordered a game I won't be able to get. Wonderful. Beyond frustrated.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I can't play KH3 cause I have no access to a PS4, so.... :sadpanda:

(i want to play so bad too...I want to avoid all the spoilers until I can play but I don't know when I will get the chance so I know that's not possible aaaaargh)

Also, I'm super belated about the leak and Nomura's reconsideration about doing simultaneous world wide release but my $0.02: Rather than taking it to mean that he's going to focus on releasing his games to Japan first, Global 2nd, it could mean that he's thinking Global before Japan??

I say this because FFRK just announced their 2nd KH collab...and Global FFRK is getting the KH event 2 days before JP does.

.........yeah, it's bit of a wild shot in the dark, I know, since FFRK is a mobage, but Nomura does have a bit of a say in FFRK, so...I dunno?

....and to be honest, even if SE/Nomura decides to go Japan > Global release again, I'm not too ruffled by this because Namco does this all the fucking time (because at least SE has a short window between release dates, whereas I have to wait forever for Namco to release a game outside of Japan, and that's IF they decide that they want to) and I'll never forgive them for shutting down the WW version of Tales of the Rays while keeping the JPN version going.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Kingdom Hearts 3 sold 610,077 (ps4) copies on its first week in Japan.

For comparison, this are the first week sales of other notable PS4 games:

#1 - Monster Hunter World - 1,350,412
#2 - Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - 950,338
#3 - Final Fantasy XV - 716,649
#4 - Knack - 322,083
#5 - Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - 315,288
#6 - Persona 5 - 268,320
#7 - Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below - 255,292
#8 - Resident Evil 2 (Remake) - 252,848
#9 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - 233,762
#10 - Resident Evil 7: biohazard - 231,188

This would make KH3 the forth best FW seller on PS4.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's okay Tabata, you can rest well knowing you not only beat Nomura, but you beat him by taking his pet project away too :mon:

I hope he feels the burn on that one. Heh heh heh....

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-kingdom-hearts-3-plays-best-at-60fps

Resolution
  • PS4Pro: 2304x1296 (fixed resolution)
  • PS4Pro (supersampling disabled): 1920x1080
  • Xbox One X: 2560x1440 (fixed resolution)
  • PS4: 1600x900 (fixed resolution)
  • Xbox One: 1280x720 (fixed resolution)
Frame Rate
  • PS4Pro (stable option): locked at 30fps but with frame pacing issues
  • PS4Pro (default option): ranging between 30fps and 60fps but never fixed, has frame pacing issues
  • PS4Pro (supersampling disabled): consistent 50fps-60fps with frame pacing issues
  • PS4 (stable option): locked at 30fps but with frame pacing issues
  • PS4 (default option): ranging between 30fps and 60fps but never fixed, has frame pacing issues but has slightly better fps compared to PS4pro
  • Xbox One X (default option): ranging between 30fps and 60fps but never fixed, has frame pacing issues
  • Xbox One X (stable option): locked at 30fps but with frame pacing issues
  • Xbox One (Stable option): locked at 30fps but with frame pacing issues
  • Xbox One (Default option): ranging between 30fps and 60fps but never fixed, has frame pacing issues
Best Overall experience

PS4Pro with supersampling disabled

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Rutger Hauer does an amazing Xehanort.
rutger hauer! now i want to hear this (but after i finish the japanese one)

i am trying to watch the four films i've not seen for the worlds that are in this (tangled, frozen, big hero 6, and monsters inc) before i start, i'm only half way through tangled but while i've paused to get some food, is the horse from tangled in the game

i need to know

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
instant game of the year

(also, how many original voice actors did they get back for this? or does disney do better at retaining actors for extra stuff beyond the originals?)

Top Bottom