Kingdom Hearts III

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Called it awhile back.
Ventus' inclusion within Union X has been a mind-fuck from the start and served as a means of revealing there's more to Vanitas than meets the eye. He's more than Ventus' darkness, he's a being of darkness that inhabited Ventus. He's probably the darkness that's been talking to Maleficient and directing her and others.

I think very strongly that Ventus, under the possession of Vanitas, killed Strelitzia in order to place Ventus as a Union leader and allow him access to the Dandelions, jump the world-lines, facilitate a new keyblade war, and further some ambition we are unaware of.

I think Vanitas is somehow in alliance with the Master of Masters in terms of orchestrating a new Keyblade War and conflict, just like how the Master of Masters wanted Xehanort to go on the path of darkness and summon Kingdom Hearts.

There's some unknown scheme going on that the MoM is trying to coordinate, sending Luxu to the present, instigating these wars, and having his pupils suddenly re-appear again. It's mindscrewy convoluted shit, but it's clearly something malevolent, or at the very least, not good for the immediate state of the world.

It's taken over a year, but the biggest clue we have about Strelitzia's murder finally, finally fucking appeared.

.....Or it could all be a fake out and it's
Brain and/or Ephemer
but that seems unlikely. :monster:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Called it awhile back.
Ventus' inclusion within Union X has been a mind-fuck from the start and served as a means of revealing there's more to Vanitas than meets the eye. He's more than Ventus' darkness, he's a being of darkness that inhabited Ventus. He's probably the darkness that's been talking to Maleficient and directing her and others.

I think very strongly that Ventus, under the possession of Vanitas, killed Strelitzia in order to place Ventus as a Union leader and allow him access to the Dandelions, jump the world-lines, facilitate a new keyblade war, and further some ambition we are unaware of.

I think Vanitas is somehow in alliance with the Master of Masters in terms of orchestrating a new Keyblade War and conflict, just like how the Master of Masters wanted Xehanort to go on the path of darkness and summon Kingdom Hearts.

There's some unknown scheme going on that the MoM is trying to coordinate, sending Luxu to the present, instigating these wars, and having his pupils suddenly re-appear again. It's mindscrewy convoluted shit, but it's clearly something malevolent, or at the very least, not good for the immediate state of the world.

It's taken over a year, but the biggest clue we have about Strelitzia's murder finally, finally fucking appeared.

.....Or it could all be a fake out and it's
Brain and/or Ephemer
but that seems unlikely. :monster:
This being quite coordinated with Re Mind adding a scene where Vanitas explains the he and Ven aren't the same, and that he was just residing within him. Not to mention the DLC starts with Sora encountering a strong darkness in Ven's heart in the form of a palette-swapped Dark Inferno.

I think it's important to remember though that the Master claims that since boyhood he has been fighting an unending Keyblade War against darkness. The kind of which we aren't familiar with and who can seemingly take Human form. In fact, he says the darkness is always changing shape, allowing them to hide within people. So that might be what he means, and what could be happening with Ven. Of course, that requires taking everything he says as truth at face value. That said, Darkness themself is rather coy in how they discuss matters.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Now that I've clawed my way through KH3's Critical Mode and the Limit Cut episode's boss fights, I wanted to bring up something that apparently no one's either noticed or heard about.

So, apparently... There are some really interesting design choices going on with Yozora. Aside from the obvious.

For one, he apparently has ear studs with the Nobody symbol on them.

He also has the old Versus XIII skull and crossbones imagery from Versus XIII Noctis. And... A chocobo charm.. The same one as Tifa's in FFVIIR.

This has led to some interesting speculation. For one, it seems very likely now that Yozora hails from a Final Fantasy type world. Aside from his obvious style and appearance, take into consideration what Rex said about being unable to beat the boss fight against Bahamut in Verum Rex. That, along with the Chocobo charm, and the Versus XIII call backs.... Makes the speculation seem very likely.

Furthermore, people have now theorized that Yozora could be Noctis' metaphorical or spiritual nobody. It would explain not just the earrings, but also the fact that Yozora has a different appearance and name from Noctis. Different but also very similar, in terms of their shared theme/meaning.

It would also explain what
Not!Stella, the nameless star in the Final World
said about the one they're waiting for.
He's been changed beyond recognition - his heart replaced with another's. But, were he to regain his old self again, he would be distressed by my absence. So I choose to wait here, where he can find me.

This sounds like a metaphorical explanation for the change in style and character Noctis went through from being the lead of FF Versus XIII to FFXV. Furthermore, Not!Stella being erased and then replaced by Lunafreya succinctly explains why she'd be a nameless, body-less heart... Alone and left waiting for the original Versus XIII Noctis to find her again.

This really drives home the fact that Nomura is explicitly tying FF Versus XIII to Kingdom Hearts. Like, this is pretty damn ballsy and shows he simply is not content to let this thing end. It's not just an easter egg, he apparently... Really does not intend to leave Noctis as he is. At least, not without some say so in the matter.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
reading all this stuff, i finally received my copy of ffxv but since i'm still focusing on stat maxing for the re:mind content i won't be playing it yet

w3hUyFC.gif

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
finally maxed out my magic stat at 179

now i just have two more to go :sadpanda:

that is more than twice what i had before numbers-wise iirc so pls make a noticeable difference for the limit cut battles :sadpanda:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I haven't bothered to get the dlc, and probably won't for a while. This dlc finally added in some FF characters, right? What is their role? I haven't seen anyone talk about it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
To be fair, it's a little more than that.

Basically, a year after KH3, Riku is still looking for Sora. The Radiant Garden FF characters (Aerith, Yuffie, Squall and Cid), have gotten their hands on encrypted data from the True Organization. And inside the data lies... Sora's data. Cid decrypts it, however the rest of the data lies behind the data of the 13 members of the Org. So, Riku and Cid have to use Sora's data to clear said Org member data.

Basically, you fighting against the True Organization data battles is like Sora decrypting the Organization's data that might lead to clues to where Sora is.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Finally beat the entirety of the Remind, Limit Cut and the Secret Episode on Critical Mode.

I can safely say that this felt like money well spent. Granted, I can understand people who feel the price tag is a bit steep for content mostly coming from the final part of the game before, but I really do believe it enhanced the ending of KH3 to a level fitting for the franchise. Now granted, one could reasonably argue it all should've been that way in the first place and they'd be for the most part correct :monster: However, the other part that's included are the Data Greeting, the Data Battles and the Secret Episode. Which I feel more than justify their price.

I cannot emphasize how well done these fights are. I almost feel like an entirely new dev team designed these bosses. Because they feel like nothing similar to the main game's battle mechanics. For anyone not used to the combat mechanics of KH2 and dealing with memorizing the combat mechanics of bosses to understand guard timing and when safe openings occur, the Data Battles are a rude awakening. You cannot go in half-cocked, angrily flailing your Keyblade around and just situation-command your way to victory. The data battles refuse to let that happen. You need to guard, counter, react, dodge, and take advantage of the proper openings provided. Enemies don't just tank every move you make, nor do they just sit there and take you beating the crap out of them either.

The data fights that gave me the absolute most trouble were Xemnas and surprisingly Luxord. Xemnas because his openings are extremely tricky, not timed where you'd expect, and his limit break is the final DBZ-esque laser move from KH2's final battle without the luxury of Reaction Commands :monster:

And Luxord because I fucking didn't understand the rules for his limit break until hours later :monster:

Xion was challenging as hell too but it surprisingly didn't take as long to master her fight. I might have gotten lucky.

The secret boss
Yozora
is without a doubt, the most challenging, rewarding and well done secret boss of Kingdom Hearts, to date. And by challenging, I don't mean stupidly difficult, broke and mind-numbingly random and crap like Young Xehanort or Vanitas' Remnant in Birth By Sleep. I mean, there is a level of skill necessary that requires a challenging knowledge and understanding of KH's combat, their moveset, and well-timed reactions that push the limits of your experience with this game.
Yozora
doesn't feel cheap or unfair even when they're stealing your Keyblade, your Kupo Coin, and beating the crap out of you to save you :monster: It took me 4 hours to finally beat them but it was a satisfying and exhilarating fight.

Ridiculous design choice aside, they programmed and created a very creative and well-done boss fight, and it was well worth the purchase.

As for Data Greeting, it's... Far more fun and hilarious than I thought it would be. I've been making crack photos and I regret nothing. :monster:

Overall I'd still rate KH2 Final Mix as the best KH game to date, but at least KH3 and its DLC is now no longer like... Bottom of the list. The new content helps the game feel whole and something worthy of a main entry. The Guardians of Light don't feel like useless set pieces, Kairi has at least a semblance of dignity, and we finally get to tear ass with Roxas. Even that useless kid Ventus got to show off being useful. That's a miracle right there!

Here's to hoping KH4 or whatever-the-fuck comes next can do something great and not be terrible or hollow. Maybe they should just have whoever did these Data Battles and shit do the combat from this point on forever and save the players the trouble? :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
which is generally considered the easiest limit cut boss to start with?

i think i'm almost maxed my attack, then i just need to do defence and i think maybe craft a bunch of elixirs to take into the battles (and enough money to buy replacement mog medals), and maybe make some meals for extra stat boosts

i have to be as tough as possible because i'm too gay to learn how to block properly

YQywoqf.png

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The easiest Limit Cut data battle is a toss up between Larxene or Luxord.

For Luxord, if you know the rules you'll be fine :monster:

Larxene is probably the easiest of the outright fights because while she's fast and creates multiple clones, she's easy to open up and combo. Her clones all take damage to her HP bar so that's actually a weakness of her's too. Just try to block (or in your case, dodge :monster: ) her attacks and stay away from her red lightning which is unblockable.

I'll tell you right now the hardest fights are Xemnas, Master Xehanort and Xion. The last two don't even unlock until you beat the others.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I'll throw my hat in the ring and say that for all the shit he gave in DDD, I found YX to be pretty easy here, all things considered. Xigbar is a pretty methodical block and dodge fight. I think there is a consensus online that these and the ones above are the easier ones. Terranort was the first fight I bested so to me it feels like he is probably okay, too.

But ultimately it comes down to how you acclimate to the mechanics and if you can find the openings. For example the last two: I learned Xion very quickly since she just had a lot of simple but fun patterns. I didn't take all that long to clear MX either, although I did cheat by using a Link to get around his DM.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
.....Lame.

I was really hoping for something not in that circa 2009 Browser game style that Union X has for some reason not abandoned. :monster:

I was gonna maybe dabble in it if it were something totally new and interesting but.. It's simply a spin off of Union X. A different game, but same engine and everything. Hard pass.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have beaten 8 limit cut bosses so far. i think i found xemnas the most difficult so far, even with my stats at over 175. i bought 99 elixirs and thank god because i need to restock some after that fight :sadpanda:

i think i am finding luxord one of the trickiest. saix and terra-xehanort both beat me so i left those for later. also maybe vanitas, i can't remember now.

i'm getting closer to earning myself that extra boss :sadpanda:

also they gave me postcards from the moogle shop and what am i meant to do with these now, i can't leave to go post these now can i.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
What I liked about Re Mind is we got the chance to explore Scala Ad Caelum and my god it is absolutely beautiful!

Also, not only we got to play as
Kairi, but also King Mickey, briefly but better than nothing, and even the other Guardians of Light in the Replica battle, which is really awesome!

Top Bottom