KupoCon Europe - Mind The Pom - March 25, 2017

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
To those of you who are already on your way, and those of you who are still hastily packing, I wish you a happy KupoCon!! Have tons of fun, take lots of pictures, and use dental dams caution when riding each other the Tube. Mind the Gap!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I keep packing and unpacking. Like a weeks worth of clothes. I don't know what I'm expecting but I want to cover every possibru eventuality. I'm gonna have to be ruthless otherwise I won't make it to the station.

This gives the impression that I'm some sort of fashionable person, it's all jeans and tshirts :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
^I don't even have enough socks for the week :monster:
I'm recycling my usage on Sunday. But I do have a second t-shirt, which is for Saturday.

I'm in London! I have an awful headache but I actually feel pretty healthy and in good spirits. Just need a good night's sleep :)

Compared to Newark, London is a dream - the travel from Ireland has been much more manageable, and cars drive on the left and follow their rules. And as someone stupidly fussy about food, being surrounded by Tesco and Marks & Spencers shops means right now in my room I am enjoying Quorn Roast "Chicken" Slices sandwiches and a small tub of fruit instead of using my free meal option tonight (can't offer it to anyone as it's non-transferable) - and I'm totally happy about this.

Also, as I left this morning I decided to pack an unopened box of earphones, just in case, even though I could buy in London. Straight after security at Dublin I dropped my iPod and one of the pieces of my current earphones broke open. Considering my debated decision, I felt like a winner already with this trip :awesome:

Anyway, I've no reception in the hotel, so it's a safer bet to hit me up on FB or PM here if anyone wants to ask anything KupoCon-related.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday ^_^
Might even see some of you tomorrow! Especially if you're in the Royal National Hotel. I'm on the third floor.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm going to try bring stuff as well, but I think people would be able to easily point me out. I'll just be the bumbling baboon that's trying hard not to be noticed, but failing at the same time. :monster:

D... don't notice me, s... senpai!

also @ mage, bring us full English breakfasts.

@Red, I think most of us are in the Royal National. Is it as shit as it looked on the pictures?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
also @ mage, bring us full English breakfasts.

960.jpg

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
All I've packed so far are... pyjamas?

Fuck it, I'm wearing pyjamas 24/7 while I'm there. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
As previously mentioned on Discord, I'm in England now. :) I'd really appreciate it if we could agree on a time and place to meet up tomorrow evening because I'm doing other stuff in the daytime and I'd like to know what time I need to catch a train.

Obviously you are all arriving in London at different times and some of you will probably meet up before the evening, but could we just agree on something like "everyone be in the London Pub at the event hotel at six PM"? Probably a shit pub but at least everyone should be able to find it – we can go somewhere else afterwards or whatever. Would that work?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I get off my train at 1:45pm, should be at the hotel for after 2ish. Whatever from then works for me, so long as I get checked in and drop my stuff off. :)

Lex

Administrator
I'm meeting Joe at 1300 @ Euston (and whoever else is arriving around that time) probably in the Wetherspoons at the station or some equivalent.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Actually that's one thing I haven't packed. :monster:

EDIT STOP POASTING SO MUCH YOU GUYSE

Yeah, I guess I'll be meeting Joe and Lex at 1 at Euston. Synchronize watches and all that.

Anyone staying at the Royal National, we can't check in until 2pm. So I guess we might have an hour or so to kill.

EDIT: @ Flint yeah that works for me

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
@Flint: That works. London Pub at 6pm. We'll brainstorm what to do in the evening after meeting.

@Oct: Lex and I are at the holiday inn two streets over, but we also check in at 2 so we'll kill time with you. Then I guess check in and meet up again!

I just took a bubble bath in my lovely hotel room. I'm all squeaky clean for you gaiz. :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
London Pub at 6pm, noted and I'm Mage, so I'll see you for half past six or later. :monster:

Is it wrong that I'm still working on my costume at this point? I got OCD, I've been stressed, the ex has been a dick and I decided to nitpick the shit out of my costume instead like a derp. :/

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^Who made him a cosplay expert? I'm sure it's fine, and if it's not I'll get a bathrobe, green myself up, get a plastic knife from the canteen and pretend to be a Tonberry so you look good in comparison :D

....Can't tell if excited or nervous or want to puke... or all three. Getting to sleep is going to be a bitch, especially as I had a 5 hour nap today :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm sure it's fine, and if it's not I'll get a bathrobe, green myself up, get a plastic knife from the canteen and pretend to be a Tonberry so you look good in comparison
Please do this.

RedFFWolf

Donator
@Red, I think most of us are in the Royal National. Is it as shit as it looked on the pictures?

Nah, the areas I've been around so far have been quite decent, and the courtyard in the centre and overall layout will give a lot of breathing space for attendees tomorrow who want to spread out a bit away from the main hall from time to time - but the actual rooms and even the hallways to said rooms are not so good (but the bed itself is cosy enough). They're not necessarily bad but they're looking lacklustre in ways.

Open your window for the most part of the day 'cause at least from mine there is this smell like stale cigarette. (Hopefully this is just my room). That, and it's a bit of a maze finding your room but you can enter the hotel either (from what's divided into) the North or South side, and one of these entrances will always be more beneficial to you depending on where your room is. (The hotel is square-shaped).

Reception is on the South side. It'll say above the doors which side you're entering from.

Anyone staying at the Royal National, we can't check in until 2pm. So I guess we might have an hour or so to kill.

From what I've read online, you can try booking in before 2pm - it's one of those hotels that will let you if the room is ready.

Lex

Administrator
Now at central :monster:

Gonna grab a coffee and get outside for a smoke. Ooooo this is actually happening wut

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I likely won't be around until 7 or so this evening, but I'll sponge WiFi from somewhere and message peeps and go on a fantastic, coming of age style quest to find familiarity in a strange and exotic city...that has roughly the same culture as Dublin :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'll head for the airport just after about 11 or so, two hours from now.

This gives me time to be a lazy fuck, take a good beer shit, and pack all of the shit I won't be needing :monster:.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I'll more than likely text/message/Discord people when I get there and see where everyone's at. I'm happy to meet up before 6. Just packing the last of my things now, is this really happening or did I wake up in the Twilight Zone? :awesome:

Fangu

Great Old One
I'm in the airport waiting for my flight, about 30 minutes until boarding. Completely with you on the Twilight Zone thing...

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney

Err, anyways, have fun you guys! Take video and pictures in excess!

Top Bottom